• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Definitive MANBAG Thread Part I: 2009-2014

pdsf

Reaction score
oh those MA+ - I want to touch.... Thanks for posting. Re Superdry - I googled and got this: www.cult.co.uk but they don't have the rucksacks either. I seem to recall they had a pretty wide range of Superdry stuff. Perhaps they have been discontinued? You could try ebay.co.uk I guess...

mickey711

Reaction score
Originally Posted by rach2jlc
Japanese brand Yukino is doing a collaboration with United Arrows on some lovely, minimal, calf MIJ bags in a number of colors. Reminds me of Delvaux, Hermes, etc. with the simplicity of styling. Pricing is reasonable, as well, around $300-400, and there are no markings/logos except on the inside. Had a chance to check them out in person and the quality-to-price ratio is excellent.

http://zozo.jp/shop/unitedarrows/goo...59551&rid=1011

Why does the grey have to be out of stock?
ffffuuuu.gif
It looks like a really nice alternative to the Delvaux I want.

pdsf

Reaction score
Originally Posted by mickey711
Why does the grey have to be out of stock?
ffffuuuu.gif
It looks like a really nice alternative to the Delvaux I want.

Rakuten doesn't have them either
ffffuuuu.gif

Desi

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Rach you bump into any of these during your time in Japan?

00200m.jpg

I know they are hiding behind the glass somewhere!

rach2jlc

Prof. Fabulous
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Desi
Rach you bump into any of these during your time in Japan? I know they are hiding behind the glass somewhere!
I didn't see that particular bag... but BP has never impressed me much in person. The styling is GREAT and looks lovely on the runway, but the quality for the price (overall) has never impressed me, even in comparison to the other major brands. $2400 for mid-grade calf and YKK zippers just doesn't rock my world.
wink.gif
Anyway, as promised, here is a pic of the Porter work bag I picked up. Fabric/textile outer with vachetta trim. Lots of space inside and pockets. Perfect size for documents, notebooks, computer, etc. Also has a shoulder strap that can attach at the back.
yvWjQl.jpg
TfrcSl.jpg
And a cheap-y Uniqlo I picked up, as I liked the size and color. Color is darker than it looks in the pic; it is the same sort of gray/blue used on the runway this past season (especially by LV for the Taiga runway bags.)
2hIWpl.jpg

DesignerValet

Reaction score
Diggin' the Uniqlo Rach; is it PU or leather?

I've been using my logo-tastic black Gucci tote for school; my Prada messenger doesn't accomodate A4s and it's simply too hot to break out any of the leathers.

rach2jlc

Prof. Fabulous
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by DesignerValet
Diggin' the Uniqlo Rach; is it PU or leather? I've been using my logo-tastic black Gucci tote for school; my Prada messenger doesn't accomodate A4s and it's simply too hot to break out any of the leathers.
It's Uniqlo's "Neo Leather," which is just a fancy name for PU, though in the spectrum of pleathers, Uniqlos is fairly decent. It has a lightweight, soft feel, and appears to hold up fairly well, and best of all, no logos anywhere outside or inside. I'll take a few better pics in the morning.

onion

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
These look really nice: http://www.mismo.dk/

I like their leather tote (with the adjustable straps) and "Hercules" weekender in black (with the lock on the side to close/expand the bag) the best. No idea what prices are like, since apparently no one online stocks those 2 designs, nor does anyone stock their leather bags in general. Hell, I can't even find a picture of them to post.
confused.gif

Edit: Prices are on their site. Weekender is 1000 Euro, and the tote is 500 Euro.

SeckBoy

Reaction score
I want to see more pictures of the Helmut Lang leg pouch that got posted in WAYWT on sufu. I think there was one on ebay pretty soon after that too.

Hobbs

Reaction score
Originally Posted by onion
These look really nice: http://www.mismo.dk/

I like their leather tote (with the adjustable straps) and "Hercules" weekender in black (with the lock on the side to close/expand the bag) the best. No idea what prices are like, since apparently no one online stocks those 2 designs, nor does anyone stock their leather bags in general. Hell, I can't even find a picture of them to post.
confused.gif

Edit: Prices are on their site. Weekender is 1000 Euro, and the tote is 500 Euro.

Nitty Gritty stock them (basic line here), so too do Oki-Ni.

This is probably my favourite bag of theirs:
http://lineageofinfluence.wordpress....s-weekend-bag/

rach2jlc

Prof. Fabulous
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Uncontrol
rach how many bags do you own and how do you manage to use them all effectively? christ

I have a strict personal policy of getting rid of something I don't use much if I get something new. So, at any one time, I only have about ten bags. More than that, it gets impossible to find places to keep them, much less use them. So, right now, I have a few messenger/shoulder bags, a few totes, a business bag or two, a duffle/suitcase, etc.

rach2jlc

Prof. Fabulous
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Uncontrol
You should give the ones you get sick of to me. I'm also shocked someone like you would buy a PU bag haha
Haha; there is nothing wrong with PU, especially as an extra bag or something to use for work/or if the weather is iffy. It doesn't tend to age well, and over time looks awful, so a daily use or primary bag is probably not desirable. BUT, it only takes one time of getting your full leather, $2800 lambskin whatever nasty wet marks all over it, and you'll be happy PU, nylon, and other synthetics exist. As for your bag, I saw somebody carrying it last week in Harajuku (or a variation of it, as I recall it had slightly more color... but the same coin-motif)! I think it totally fits your style. When you get it, take pics of you wearing it! Edit: 50,000 yen... I wish you had bought the bag about a year or two ago. With the current exchange rate, and whatever proxy costs... how much did it end up costing? There was a time not long ago that 50,000 yen was about $450... now it is about $18,000 (haha)

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Forum statistics

Threads