• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

geoffmartin17

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hey mike,

i'm a pretty TTS size 31 - normally i take the size 30 trousers (and they fit like a dream) - would it be possible to order a size 32 and have them taken down to about 31.5? (those blue/green cords are calling me...incessantly...)

-Geoff

Crane's

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Mike,

The color on that plum chambray looks very familiar. It's very similar to a Carhartt chambray I wore hiking today.

kgmessier

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by geoffmartin17
Hey mike,

i'm a pretty TTS size 31 - normally i take the size 30 trousers (and they fit like a dream) - would it be possible to order a size 32 and have them taken down to about 31.5? (those blue/green cords are calling me...incessantly...)

-Geoff

In my experience, you can have them moved down 1-2 inches and still have a great fit. I've done that with more than one pair of Epaulet trousers.

Epaulet

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Originally Posted by kgmessier
In my experience, you can have them moved down 1-2 inches and still have a great fit. I've done that with more than one pair of Epaulet trousers.
Yup, that's absolutely right. Bringing in a 32 to a 31.5 or 31 is no problem at all. Also, if you guys ever flip your Epaulet trousers inside out, you'll see that both the leg inseam and outseam have allowances too. So if you want to tailor more or less room into the legs, it's entirely possible. And Geoff - if you want to give those cords a try, I PROMISE that they'll knock you out. The hand on these is ridiculous.

Epaulet

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Hey guys, It's been twelve long months, but our Alden for Epaulet Officer's Indy & Brixton Boots have finally arrived! Check them out below. Preorders zapped about 40% of our inventory, so stock is really tight on them - but we've still got most sizes covered.
4097854261_ff2540a3c8.jpg
Alden for Epaulet Officer's Indy in Dark Brown Chromexcel: $465
4032511762_161f691b08.jpg
Alden for Epaulet Brixton Boot in Black Calfskin: $465

geoffmartin17

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Mike - thanks for the reply - as soon as i get paid, i'll try out those trousers...apparently i spent all my money last month on clothes!

Those brixton boots are unreal.

I can only describe them as "sophisticated ass-kicking."

ubc121

Reaction score
Anybody from Canada order? My order shipped last Friday and hasn't arrived yet. I paid for express international. How long did it take for your orders to arrive?

Epaulet

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Originally Posted by geoffmartin17
Mike - thanks for the reply - as soon as i get paid, i'll try out those trousers...apparently i spent all my money last month on clothes!

Those brixton boots are unreal.

I can only describe them as "sophisticated ass-kicking."

You got it!

Originally Posted by ubc121
Anybody from Canada order? My order shipped last Friday and hasn't arrived yet. I paid for express international. How long did it take for your orders to arrive?

Thanks for your order! PM me your details, and I can look into it. That's pretty normal though. USPS Express to Canada should take about 3-5 days, but it's also very dependent on your local customs office.

Canada inspects most incoming parcels from the US, so if your office is short staffed - which happens with August holidays - it can take extra time for processing. Should be there soon though!

geoffmartin17

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

The canadian postal system is horrific. I shipped a tie to calgary from vancouver the other day and it cost 7 dollars. I then shipped a tie to amsterdam, which cost 4.50.

MichaelPemulis

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
i can't say i have ordered from canada, but i can say that, without a doubt, epaulet has the best customer service in this industry.

and, to tell you the truth, it's not even close.

i wouldn't sweat it.

ubc121

Reaction score
Mike helped me right away. The order just left the sorting facility today so it was USPS's fault. I'm just having a bad week with shipping since my order from Winnperry hasn't arrived yet and it shipped two weeks ago.

Epaulet

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Mike helped me right away. The order just left the sorting facility today so it was USPS's fault. I'm just having a bad week with shipping since my order from Winnperry hasn't arrived yet and it shipped two weeks ago.

Thanks for your patience, and sorry that USPS dropped the ball on this.

We had a crazy scenario with UPS today. We were expecting a massive delivery of womens shoes and saw a notice that they "attempted delivery at 2PM, but no one was there to receive"

Oh right. Except that we're a store that opens at 12 and is staffed by three people. And no one ever came by. It's a nice option to have if you work for UPS. Don't feel like delivering? Lying is always a viable option!

In other non-shipping news, the Japanese Lawn shirts are live! Peep them below. They're extremely soft and fairly light. They're great for this Summer to Fall transition, and I love wearing them year round. If your winter digs are well heated, then these are great to wear under sweaters or jackets without your body overheating:

4929472689_3e7af24dcb.jpg

Grey Glen Plaid Japanese Lawn Shirt: $130

4929473899_606718fe50.jpg

Grey Gingham Japanese Lawn Shirt: $130

4642950839_e60c00a1b7.jpg

Grape Gingham Japanese Lawn Shirt: $130 (RESTOCK!)

asdf

Reaction score

Mine took about a week i think, can't really remember though. No duty or tax on delivery was real nice (shouldn't be any duty anyway because the sweet denimz are Amurrican-made).

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 86 38.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Forum statistics

Threads