• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

J Crew Fall/Winter 2010 Discussion

farraj18

Reaction score
Originally Posted by deveandepot1
They have a catalog every month. 3 in December.

You know what I mean.

pitboss12

Reaction score
I got the catalog yesterday. $45 for an issue of Free and Easy? Really? They're $13 at the local *** bookstore and many of those places can ship the mag to you.

wj4

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by pitboss12
I got the catalog yesterday. $45 for an issue of Free and Easy? Really? They're $13 at the local *** bookstore and many of those places can ship the mag to you.
I was also thrown off by the 'Vintage Rolex' shown in one of the pages. (It's where the items are laid out, same page as the Free and Easy book I believe).

Of course, the price wasn't listed. I find it doubtful that anyone would order a Rolex from J. Crew, haha.

trunks206

Reaction score
^nice to see more NTers over here. Whats up man.

Originally Posted by gasoline
In mine there's crewcuts between Women's/Men's. No Coupon. What does it look like? Could it have fallen out?

No, it would have said on the cover of the catalog somewhere, "special gift, look inside" or something to let you know there was one inside. Sorry man, you just didn't get one this time around.

ahe

Reaction score
I found that I really love the Jcrew factory outlet washed shirts, I like the fall patterns a lot more than the regular store. The fit seems better/slimmer than regular shirts, and quality really isn't that bad either, perhaps a little lighter. I have a blue houndstooth outlet shirt and it is going strong after two years and wearing it repeatedly. I don't really trust some of the outlet flannels though they look pretty cheap.

wj4

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by trunks206
^nice to see more NTers over here. Whats up man. No, it would have said on the cover of the catalog somewhere, "special gift, look inside" or something to let you know there was one inside. Sorry man, you just didn't get one this time around.
Haha, I was lurking for a bit and joined when I had an odd week of free time and thus postwhored quite a bit. Funny how streetwear varies between the 2 boards.

deveandepot1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by wannabeagiant
Is the stuff from the clearance center just overstocks/discontinued items or are they defects? I'm thinking of buying something on ebay that has a line through the label (which if I recall correctly means its from the clearance center).

Ask Robert.
I have had a couple bad experiences with some coats I bought with red lines. Wrong button placements, loose buttons, loose threads,... However, I think most of the items with red tags are firsts that J Crew just doesn't want to be returned.

grundletaint

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
and WTF is wrong with the ship150 code???

i get this message:

Promo code SHIP150 entered cannot be applied for this order. Please review the details of code SHIP150.

on an order well over $150

wj4

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by grundletaint
and WTF is wrong with the ship150 code???

i get this message:

on an order well over $150

You may want to call their customer service line. I'm sure they can grant you the free shipping and maybe even expedite it for your trouble.

BY TELEPHONE

24 hours a day, seven days a week at: (800) 562-0258

Bingham

Reaction score
Just picked up the Covert Twill Utility Shirt. Pretty rad...

Blog Marley

Reaction score
Originally Posted by wj4
Haha, I was lurking for a bit and joined when I had an odd week of free time and thus postwhored quite a bit. Funny how streetwear varies between the 2 boards.

Nice to see some other NTers, only other one I knew about was RFX45.

wj4

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Blog Marley
Nice to see some other NTers, only other one I knew about was RFX45.
I'm sure there are a lot of Nters that migrated here after that Dressing Better thread was created. The most well known is just RFX because dude is just ballin' like that, haha.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 84 37.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 85 37.9%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 23 10.3%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.6%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 16.1%

Forum statistics

Threads