• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Rubinacci Thread.

Parker

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Hamilton looks great. Is he also a Rubinacci client?

I've got a suit on the way which could really get it on with this pouchette:

pochette-SirenuseAzzurro.jpg

TheFoo

THE FOO
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Here's one of the Barry Diller photos whnay posted that didn't show up:
diller_dvf.jpg
That's Diane Von Furstenberg, his wife, next to him. The fit of his suit is really spot-on, in my opinion. I also think it's interesting to note how subtle the full Neapolitan treatment can be in practice. I doubt anyone arches their eyebrows at his Diller's shirt-set sleeves. Another thing: is it just me, or does Rubinacci tend to cut longer jacket sleeves than forum orthodoxy would prefer? My own sleeves only allow for a sliver of cuff to show and I've noticed both Mariano and Luca tend to show only a sliver as well--unless they're wearing unbuttoned barrel cuffs.

geoffmartin17

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by mafoofan

That's Diane Von Furstenberg, his wife, next to him. The fit of his suit is really spot-on, in my opinion. I also think it's interesting to note how subtle the full Neapolitan treatment can be in practice. I doubt anyone arches their eyebrows at his Diller's shirt-set sleeves.

Another thing: is it just me, or does Rubinacci tend to cut longer jacket sleeves than forum orthodoxy would prefer? My own sleeves only allow for a sliver of cuff to show and I've noticed both Mariano and Luca tend to shoe only a sliver as well--unless they're wearing unbuttoned barrel cuffs.

I noticed that as well actually - sometimes not even a sliver is showing..

George

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
diller_dvf.jpg
That's Diane Von Furstenberg, his wife, next to him. The fit of his suit is really spot-on, in my opinion. I also think it's interesting to note how subtle the full Neapolitan treatment can be in practice. I doubt anyone arches their eyebrows at his Diller's shirt-set sleeves. Another thing: is it just me, or does Rubinacci tend to cut longer jacket sleeves than forum orthodoxy would prefer? My own sleeves only allow for a sliver of cuff to show and I've noticed both Mariano and Luca tend to shoe only a sliver as well--unless they're wearing unbuttoned barrel cuffs.

No,my own tailors prefer a longer sleeve. I think the short sleeve x/x" of Linen showing is a Forum Fetish (FF)

MBreinin

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

diller_dvf.jpg

That's Diane Von Furstenberg, his wife, next to him. The fit of his suit is really spot-on, in my opinion. I also think it's interesting to note how subtle the full Neapolitan treatment can be in practice. I doubt anyone arches their eyebrows at his Diller's shirt-set sleeves.

Another thing: is it just me, or does Rubinacci tend to cut longer jacket sleeves than forum orthodoxy would prefer? My own sleeves only allow for a sliver of cuff to show and I've noticed both Mariano and Luca tend to show only a sliver as well--unless they're wearing unbuttoned barrel cuffs.

There is nothing in this suit that says "Rubinacci" to me, as opposed to anything he could have picked up at any department store nationwide. Sorry, but this particular shot is quite uninspired.

Mike

TRINI

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Another thing: is it just me, or does Rubinacci tend to cut longer jacket sleeves than forum orthodoxy would prefer? My own sleeves only allow for a sliver of cuff to show and I've noticed both Mariano and Luca tend to show only a sliver as well--unless they're wearing unbuttoned barrel cuffs.

Did you prefer to show cuff before you went to Rubinacci?

Honest question.

voxsartoria

Goon member
Timed Out
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Parker
Hamilton looks great. Is he also a Rubinacci client?

Hamilton is a notorious hanger-on...he's lived much of his life not even owning a home, living on the dime of others.

Lucky dog.

He uses a bunch of tailors, mostly in LA. But he also uses A&S, and that looks like A&S to me in that pic judging by the lapel and teh drape.

- B

OttoSkadelig

Reaction score
Originally Posted by MBreinin
There is nothing in this suit that says "Rubinacci" to me, as opposed to anything he could have picked up at any department store nationwide. Sorry, but this particular shot is quite uninspired.

Mike

i will grant that the apparent lightness of the canvassing (as suggested by the pyjama-esque drape) and the spalla c suggest neapolitan, but other than that i too don't see the hand of an auteur, and in fact i find aspects of the suit (e.g., the trousers) verging on frumpy.

voxsartoria

Goon member
Timed Out
Reaction score
Originally Posted by MBreinin
There is nothing in this suit that says "Rubinacci" to me, as opposed to anything he could have picked up at any department store nationwide. Sorry, but this particular shot is quite uninspired. Mike
Originally Posted by OttoSkadelig
i will grant that the apparent lightness of the canvassing (as suggested by the pyjama-esque drape) and the spalla c suggest neapolitan, but other than that i too don't see the hand of an auteur, and in fact i find aspects of the suit (e.g., the trousers) verging on frumpy.
Diller looks fantastic for a rich, American asshole. He has better things and vag to do than please you. I say that with love. - B

George

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by voxsartoria
Diller looks fantastic for a rich, American asshole. He has better things and vag to do than please you. I say that with love. - B
Diller?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads