• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

sockpuppets

Reaction score
Originally Posted by RFX45
Damn I want those brown chromexcel, gives it an red hue. Sucks that you guys never get wide sizes.
Have you tried on a pair without sizing down? My feet are very wide and I can do the Indy in D. Particularly with the chromexcel, it's very soft and stretches out quickly as needed.

sockpuppets

Reaction score
Originally Posted by jhcam8
As requested:

IMG_0543.jpg
IMG_0549.jpg
IMG_0546.jpg
IMG_0548.jpg

BARRIE LAST

These were from LSH?

RFX45

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by sockpuppets
Have you tried on a pair without sizing down? My feet are very wide and I can do the Indy in D. Particularly with the chromexcel, it's very soft and stretches out quickly as needed.

I haven't tried on the D but I have two Indy's, one is 8EEE, which fits me perfectly and an 8E, which felt a bit snug and needed some breaking in. I still can't wear it with thicker socks like I do with the 8EEE, which I prefer with my Indys. It might also have to do with the leather lining, which my original 8EEE Indy doesn't have but either way, my feet would be hurting on a D sized Indy.

sockpuppets

Reaction score
Originally Posted by RFX45
I haven't tried on the D but I have two Indy's, one is 8EEE, which fits me perfectly and an 8E, which felt a bit snug and needed some breaking in. I still can't wear it with thicker socks like I do with the 8EEE, which I prefer with my Indys. It might also have to do with the leather lining, which my original 8EEE Indy doesn't have but either way, my feet would be hurting on a D sized Indy.
Shoe sizing is almost an art. It's always interesting to me to hear how someone's foot is and what shoes they fit in. I did not size down in my indy's. Despite my feet being 4.4" wide they fit snugly (and comfortably) in my cigar shell with probably just a little too much length in the toe. However, when I received the two stroke indy from epaulet they were too narrow and were a painful shoe. So, same shoe, same feet but didn't fit because of either construction or material differences. Frustrating.

Dewey

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Shoe sizing is almost an art. It's always interesting to me to hear how someone's foot is and what shoes they fit in. I did not size down in my indy's. Despite my feet being 4.4" wide they fit snugly (and comfortably) in my cigar shell with probably just a little too much length in the toe. However, when I received the two stroke indy from epaulet they were too narrow and were a painful shoe.

So, same shoe, same feet but didn't fit because of either construction or material differences.

Frustrating.

I can tell stories like this, too.

trunks206

Reaction score
Originally Posted by srivats
Some pics in afternoon sunlight:

Cigar LWB:

HUGUxh.png

Re-post because these are absolutely stunning! I want sooo bad, thanks for posting those.

Factor Xll

Reaction score
Contemplating the purchase of my first cordovan. I've gone thru this whole thread and can't tell, what are the bad things about cordovan? Other than the price? From what I see the last longer than calfs and look nice but what else? I am planning a cigar ptb or a cord boot, can't decide..

sockpuppets

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Factor Xll
Contemplating the purchase of my first cordovan. I've gone thru this whole thread and can't tell, what are the bad things about cordovan? Other than the price? From what I see the last longer than calfs and look nice but what else? I am planning a cigar ptb or a cord boot, can't decide..

Cordovan wrinkles. Some people don't like this. Other than that... price.

Bill Smith

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by srivats
Some pics in afternoon sunlight:

Cigar LWB:

HUGUxh.png

I want a pair of these so bad and no Alden dealer in Greater Toronto.......

joz411no

Reaction score
Shoe sizing is almost an art. It's always interesting to me to hear how someone's foot is and what shoes they fit in. I did not size down in my indy's. Despite my feet being 4.4" wide they fit snugly (and comfortably) in my cigar shell with probably just a little too much length in the toe. However, when I received the two stroke indy from epaulet they were too narrow and were a painful shoe. So, same shoe, same feet but didn't fit because of either construction or material differences. Frustrating.
I too wear the same size in all my Aldens. I have a wide foot and perhaps that is the culprit. I'm a 10.5EEE in Barrie, Trubalance, Hampton and Aberdeen. Obviously I can wear thicker socks in Barrie and Trubalance. I love the look of the Plaze but am sure that's a no go in width. I'm interested in the Grant last but are unfamiliar with size limitations. Also I've never seen the Grant in an EEE. It's an SOB to have to wait almost a year to get 80% of my shoes. I guess it's the plight of having Barney-Rubblesque feet.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 35.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 60 38.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 11.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 27 17.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 28 18.1%

Forum statistics

Threads