• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Oxxford's New Video

aj_del

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Great video, but I got the feeling as if they were talking about bespoke, the way they mentioned custom made and individual paper pattern. Isnt Oxxford mainly RTW ?

The fabric of the glen plaid just before the end looked really nice.

S. Able

Reaction score
Love the video. So who is running Oxxford these days? Based on the age of their workforce (no surprise really) it looks like they could really use a tailoring school.

BrianVarick

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by aj_del
Great video, but I got the feeling as if they were talking about bespoke, the way they mentioned custom made and individual paper pattern. Isnt Oxxford mainly RTW ?

The fabric of the glen plaid just before the end looked really nice.

3000 posts...really?

MBreinin

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Great video. Makes me want an Oxxford suit....

Mike

jsherman02

Reaction score
I like the video...made me want to go home and hug my Oxxford jackets...

Bull

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Perfect. Makes me proud to be a Chicagoan.

Pantisocrat

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I don't see being "the last one" left as a good selling point. The best products were made in times of tense competition. Being the last one just mean you're about to die off. Frankly, from the Oxxfords I've seen I don't think the patterns and shape will work for me.

BrianVarick

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Pantisocrat
I don't see being "the last one" left as a good selling point. The best products were made in times of tense competition. Being the last one just mean you're about to die off. Frankly, from the Oxxfords I've seen I don't think the patterns and shape will work for me.

So you think they should ignore the fact that they are the last company in America that makes clothes this way? I feel like you are missing the point of their argument.

Xiaogou

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Pantisocrat

I challenge you to find a European suitmaker that does an equal job to Oxxford; that is non-bespoke.

It's a fair point if you do not like the patterns & shape.

Neb

Reaction score
Great video. Only thing is that it would have been nice to show a REAL person wearing the suit at the end. Gotta leave people imagining how it would look on themselves.

TheFoo

THE FOO
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
This is huge improvement over their previous Mad Maxxford ad campaign.

literasyme

Reaction score
It's not a bad video, but the whole "bespoke" angle just seems misguided. I also wonder if they couldn't have found SOMEONE post-1950s who's been known to wear their suits -- Clark Gable and Joe DiMaggio aren't exactly huge names to conjure with these days.

Twotone

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'm curious what percentage of Oxxford's suits are MTM vs. OTR. Do their MTM suits start at $5k? NM has an Oxxford MTM program, but I would not trust a salesperson to measure me for a suit at that price point.

Twotone

jacnyr

Reaction score
Originally Posted by literasyme
It's not a bad video, but the whole "bespoke" angle just seems misguided. I also wonder if they couldn't have found SOMEONE post-1950s who's been known to wear their suits -- Clark Gable and Joe DiMaggio aren't exactly huge names to conjure with these days.

Would you feel more impressed if they said Mike Tyson or Justin Timberlake wears their suits?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 81 36.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 83 37.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 23 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.9%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 16.4%

Forum statistics

Threads