• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Thoughts on new Duchamp FW 2010 Collection

gregor

Reaction score
What do you guys think about Duchamp's new site, shirts, new RTW suits and jackets?

I love their new shirt range but they didn't do the best job displaying possible combinations IMO. Some of the new accessories such as the bow ties and scarves are great.

What do you think?

MalfordOfLondon

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I get bored with looking at Duchamp now. It's just the same bright stripe coloured shirts in different colour bands. There's only so much more "new" stuff they can come out with.

It's all too loud for me but I have a couple of their white shirts and I'm impressed with the construction and material.

Some of their new cufflinks are pretty interesting though:

d20_143_340_10w.jpg

k4kick

Reaction score
I think the suits look really nice if you want something really LOUD. It's not quite my thing but I can see the appeal.

On the shirts; I was quite disappointed in the quality when I tried one on. They aren't as good as cheap Thomas Pink shirts IMHO...

bengal-stripe

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by StephenStyle
It's all too loud for me......

Originally Posted by k4kick
........if you want something really LOUD.

That's the reason why Duchamp has so much appeal to middle-aged chavs: the brand is like the Duchess of York,
who was once memorably discribed as: "a vulgarian . . . vulgar, vulgar, vulgar".

It's for those, who secretly fancy 'Ed Hardy', but are not honest or bolshy enough to wear it.

George

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by bengal-stripe
That's the reason why Duchamp has so much appeal to middle-aged chavs: the brand is like the Duchess of York, who was once memorably discribed as: "a vulgarian . . . vulgar, vulgar, vulgar". It's for those, who secretly fancy 'Ed Hardy', but are not honest or bolshy enough to wear it.
As opposed to classy men like yourself. They're just shirts, ties and accessories that's all. You either like them or you do not, just like shoes made from 'exotic' skins for example. I know this is a difficult concept for you to understand given your sensitivities. You have my sympathies.

bengal-stripe

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by George
No,you are monotonous!

Says the man who has maybe 200 postings in the Rubinacci thread (I haven't counted), all of them expressing your dislike of the Rubinacci business, the Rubinacci clientele and the Rubinacci family.

Couldn't that be called monotonous?

gregor

Reaction score
It's for those, who secretly fancy 'Ed Hardy', but are not honest or bolshy enough to wear it.

That's completely false. Two totally different things..?

George

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Says the man who has maybe 200 postings in the Rubinacci thread (I haven't counted), all of them expressing your dislike of the Rubinacci business, the Rubinacci clientele and the Rubinacci family. Couldn't that be called monotonous?
45 to be exact. Now that's called pedantic.

bengal-stripe

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by George
45 to be exact.

Once I have 45 anti-Duchamp postings under my belt, I'll accept 'monotonous'.

George

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Once I have 45 anti-Duchamp postings under my belt, I'll accept 'monotonous'.
If you don't like Duchamp, that's fine. They are too bold for some. However, I am curious as to why you think I hate Rubinacci? If anything, I've stuck up for them in the past, both on here and on FNB.com I don't like the cut, but that's a personal thing anyway.

Bill Smith

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I own a couple of Duchamp ties and I love them and I like (but not own) their cufflinks.

BlackShoes

Reaction score
I found their socks wear through very quickly, even with delicate treatment. The pants look beautiful, but I cannot justify the expense for my nether regions. The rest of it, I'm too timid to wear.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Forum statistics

Threads