• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

sq4you

Mid-level baller
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Mr. Moo
hate and love in the same post - do not know how you do it. fashion fades but style is forever, b. that **** most of you kids wear won't look good in 5 years but stylish motherfuckers in mc know what time it is. some **** never goes out of style but things go out of fashion regularly. previous level ****.

yes it's sf and alcatraz. i grew up in SF
inlove.gif

thats what those MC idiots would have you believe. 3/4 of their suits will be unwearable at some point in the near future. just like the broad shouldered oversized mens suiting of the 80s is completely whack nowadays.

fashion isnt finite. id say its cyclical. designer concepts may appear more fast paced than all other types of clothing because each collection is strongly themed. however, the concepts all trickle down to the mass-market brands over the following 6-18 months through "intellectual property theft."

Lanvin has been doing raw edges on luxe fabrics for ages. right now you go in jcrew and all the womens stuff is sequined silks or poly's with raw edges. Miranda in The Devil Wears Prada explained this phenomenon well once.

good designer stuff is like a good music album. the songs in the album usually follow a theme/mood and you can listen to it 15 years later and its still awesome. sure the radio stations might not be playing it but it doesnt mean its bad.

fast-fashion/mass-market is like one-hit wonders.

asobu

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by sq4you
just like the broad shouldered oversized mens suiting [...] is completely whack nowadays

hey now wait a goddam minute

impolyt_one

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Originally Posted by DLester
yo - jacket length good or too cropped? other fit problems? this isn't a waywt, I just threw it on to see how it fits. just arrived today.

VMdY7.jpg

Fits great. The whole outfit is much better than what I see in WAYWT.

the shah

OG Yamamoto
Reaction score
lol. nah his were ok. ur talking about the screenprints right? it sounds like an interesting idea. we only ever saw him sitting down i think though.

i was referring to **** like this
http://www.colette.fr/files/image_slide_show_new_109028_fr.jpg

$1000 ---v
[IMG]http://www.colette.fr/files/image_slide_show_new_102520_en.jpg[/I]

haha i know what you were saying...i'd wear the camo with lanvin camo sneaks for weekend warrior trips involving guns and border raids that i never partake in. but the pants, forget it.

beowolf

Reaction score
med.jpg
Parke & Ronen for $18 bucks. (and yea, I have the body for them).

puddin

Reaction score
where do you dj now on wednesdays since mechanix is done?

no weekday gigs right now, but next gig is 1st saturdays @ dahlak. we play latin, afrobeat, brazilian jams etc. with live percussion. fun party!

indesertum

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
moo those are really ugly. you might as well just eat the cash. i kind of like the painting tho. not my thing, but i like it

UpperWestie

Reaction score
Originally Posted by DLester
yo - jacket length good or too cropped? other fit problems? this isn't a waywt, I just threw it on to see how it fits. just arrived today.
VMdY7.jpg

I think that length is good if you do cropped slim pants. I don't dig the uber short jacket long jeans look. For those jeans I think something that at least covers half yer arse is better. IMO. But this is from someone who poasts on MC and generally subscribes to the sprezz formal/weekday+workwear/tbrowne/jcrew informal aesthetics, so you should frame my opinion based on that.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads