• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Help me with what to wear. 6ft, 265, elite level powerlifter

somedumbmeathead

Reaction score
To put it simply finding clothes for me is hard. I'm 6 ft tall, about 265, and have competed in both powerlifting and bodybuilding. What kind of style of clothing fits for someone like me? Based on my bodytype.. what are some dos and donts? I dont see stacking jeans or cuffing them 4" high to be a look that would work with me.

Basically what are things I should avoid based on being a big muscular non fat guy.

Seriously. I feel lost. Help please..

KitAkira

Wait! Wait! I gots an opinion!
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
You are fat. Lose weight.

KitAkira

Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Mr. Moo
facepalm.gif
facepalm.gif
facepalm.gif

I don't coddle special flowers, I spray them with Round-Up and watch them whither and die

Mr. Moo

Boxercise Toughguy
Reaction score
Originally Posted by KitAkira
I don't coddle special flowers, I spray them with Round-Up and watch them whither and die

I bet if he posts a pic of himself he won't look fat. If he's an elite powerlifter he's got a ton of muscle under a thin layer of fat (but enough to not be body builder steezed).

KitAkira

Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
No excuse for not using the search/stickies.

hastur

Reaction score
OP should post a picture.

Honestly if you're a fairly lean 265 at 6' probably have an insane taper, which is going to make finding anything that fits you up top very difficult. To get anything to fit you, you're probably going to have to get just about everything tailored to get it to look right. Anything that's going to fit your chest/shoulders is just going to drape like a curtain around your waist.

Same probably goes for your legs, although I guess it depends on how big your quads/thighs are.

Rosenberg

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
There really isn't much that can be said. I'm sure even basics are hell to find. Teh fashunz aren't made for someone with your proportions. You have far surpassed the "average" athletic build. Just don't be the typical Affliction polo wearing big guy and you'll be on the right track

TheChefs

Reaction score
Considering that he's a powerlifter the 2 of the 3 lifts are deadlifts and squats he would have huge thighs and glutes, while they also have very skiny calves. I think OP will need to become best friends with a tailor. I've played around in powerlifting, but I'm no where near your size, 6' and the biggest I've been was 210lbs, now I'm around 190lbs (thanks to injuries). As for styles, hard to tell, maybe some of the classic ones, I don't see why you couldn't roll up chinos 4" high. You could go for the street lumberjack look, or the street sailor look etc... but it all depends what you are comfortable with, I think the classic looks would work very well on someone with very muscular build. I would start browsing through few fashion blogs to see what you can pull off. Here's some that I frequent, the people are http://thesartorialist.blogspot.com Another blod I like, even tough this guys have very skinny body build, but it doesn't mean you can't learn from them. http://streetetiquette.com

Nereis

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
You're 200+ pounds of pure muscle, your size alone will turn heads.

Ahab

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by johnH123
Not everyone can have a woman's physique like you.
Considering the likelihood of whatever the original poster wearing looking like a dress as opposed to what KitAkira wears I think you are way off base.

This is a known "problem" with power lifters. Their body style is not what fashionable clothes are made for. Power lifters can look, and be, fat even though they have a lot of muscle.

asdf

Reaction score
Originally Posted by KitAkira
You are fat. Lose weight.

Yeah, common knowledge that all 265er powerlifters are fat.
facepalm.gif

Konstantin-Konstantinovs.jpg

I'm not saying the OP is built like Konstantinov, but i think the way you dismiss his claim that he is "non-fat" as an outright impossibility is ignorant.

macuser3of5

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hey bro-op:

As a semi-elite powerlifter myself, I find that going to a tailor is the best option for dress clothes, and straight-fit shirts and jeans are a good match. Nothing tight.

You could go for the street lumberjack look, or the street sailor look etc
these 'looks' + powerlifter is gonna get a bit Tom of Finland, I would imagine. standard nohomo clause.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads