• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What do you think of this shirt?

Sanguis Mortuum

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
What kind of dumbassery is this? It's just a black shirt...with epaulettes.

And black shirts rarely look good.

bowtielover

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
It a pretty simple shirt, nothing exciting about it really.

EzraPaul

Reaction score
If you are the model, then the shoulders are too wide for the shirt, and it is a little too full in the body as well.

someotherstyle

Reaction score
eh.gif
really?

chasingred

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Not sure why people are against simple shirts here. Simple button up shirts should make the majority of your rotation, in my opinion. The only problem here, I think, is that it's black, which tends to age poorly, and that it has epaulets. Those are the kind of details that turn a decent shirt into something that you rarely pull out of your closet.

If it weren't black and didn't have those epaulets, it would be a great shirt.

Also, I think people on this forum take the slim thing way too far. This isn't the best fitted shirt in the world, but to call it baggy seems excessive.

eyeframeking

Reaction score
This is a very casual and very cool looking shirt. Black is my favorite color, with right kind of accessories it will look greater!!

Sanguis Mortuum

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by MensFashionJournal
I think its because usually if people are going to ask and dedicate a whole thread for the question of whether or not to buy a garment, usually their debating on some more outlandish, out of the box styles/cloths aside from just complaisant shirts.
+1 We're not 'against simple shirts'. We just think it's stupid for someone to create a whole thread saying 'HEY GUYS, WHAT DO YOU THINK OF THIS SHIRT' with a picture of a plain old black shirt. Yeah, it's a black shirt, what the **** do you want us to say about it?
Originally Posted by chasingred
If it weren't black and didn't have those epaulets, it would be a great shirt.
If it "weren't black and didn't have those epaulets" then it could be literally any other shirt on the entire face of the planet. Those are the only two features that differentiate it at all from any other shirt... (And isn't the OP the same guy who keeps asking us about gaudy logo-covered watches then getting all butt-hurt when we tell him how tacky they look?)

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.9%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 89 37.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 39 16.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 37 15.4%

Staff online

Forum statistics