• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thor

Reaction score
Here are some pics of my LS CXL WT Boots... I do not mind the color and I typically prefer to browns to reds...I took 2 pics inside with a flash and one outside in bright sun...and included some Ravello boots and even some RedWing GT's in "cigar" as comparison. I having little trouble liking the last, however. It sorta looks funny with my wide feet tapering to a relatively pointy toe...not a fan of pointy toed shoes- sorta douchey...but I will give it some time. Also- an update on my Indy speed hook misery- JGilbert had me send my boots directly back to Alden- which I did with a note. I followed up with an email yesterday mentioning the fact that I had a time constraint in that I was leaving for a trip in 10 days and really wanted to have the boots for the trip. This morning I got a call- ( @7am
smile.gif
- from Alden asking me how I wanted to repair- either replace the speed hook and its partner in question with an eyelet, or replace all hooks on both boots with eyelets, or get a credit from JGilbert. I chose all eyelets...and he said they will finish it by the end of the week and ship it to me 3 day in time for my trip! I am pretty impressed given their reputation for slow response...Looking forward to seeing the boots and will post pics when possible.
001800x600a.jpg
002800x600.jpg
003800x600.jpg

PorterInjax

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Just bought the PTB in Cigar, Barie last. First pair of Alden's for me. THey should be at my home next week when I return from a business trip

Ahab

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by jhcam8
As requested:

BARRIE LAST

As requested? I thought I requested you forward these to me?

But anyway those are beautiful!
worship.gif

Originally Posted by zippyh
She was just trying to fool you into thinking her shoes only cost $250.

HEH! What a pro. I would have missed that.
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by PorterInjax
Just bought the PTB in Cigar, Barie last. First pair of Alden's for me. THey should be at my home next week when I return from a business trip

Cigar PTB's are the shiznet. Congratulations.
fing02[1].gif

jhcam8

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Ahab

worship.gif

Ah - forgot - they're in the mail
laugh.gif

PorterInjax

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Ahab

worship.gif

HEH! What a pro. I would have missed that.
laugh.gif

Cigar PTB's are the shiznet. Congratulations.
fing02[1].gif

Thanks Ahab. Really looking forward to getting them. Kind of a leap of faith, I've never tried on a pair of Alden's so hope they fit!

Morgan

Reaction score
Every time I see a pic of those ravello wingtip boots I am furious at myself for sleeping on them. I check ShoeMart every week to see if they get a return or restock in an 8.5 - unlikely, but hope springs eternal.

Ahab

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by PorterInjax
Thanks Ahab. Really looking forward to getting them. Kind of a leap of faith, I've never tried on a pair of Alden's so hope they fit!
OK, since they are cordovan be careful of creasing. If you do not scuff up the soles or crease the cordovan you should be able to return no problem.

Ahab

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Morgan
Every time I see a pic of those ravello wingtip boots I am furious at myself for sleeping on them. I check ShoeMart every week to see if they get a return or restock in an 8.5 - unlikely, but hope springs eternal.
Yeah, they are sweet. But I am holding out for a ravello cap toe boot:

Alden_RavCord_Hunting_Boot.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 88 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 88 37.6%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 38 16.2%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads