• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Watch Appreciation Thread (Reviews and Photos of Men's Timepieces by Rolex, Patek Philippe, Brei

Status
Not open for further replies.

518aata

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by ManofKent
Late to the party.

My first automatic (present from my wife). Temporary black strap until I find something nicer. Any feedback on Hirsch?

I've bought a bunch of the Hirsch Artisanal line in both crocodile and alligator. They're well made and they wear well. I bought them from Rustwatch (James Rust), who has a Blujay store and also sells on eBay. He's very helpful and a pleasure to deal with.

Here's a link to his Blujay store: http://www.blujay.com/?page=profile&...name=rustwatch

jhcam8

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by gazman70k
Happy 10th Birthday Paneristi!
standard.jpg

standard.jpg

Loking good, Gaz.

ocsine

Reaction score
Originally Posted by spertia
Junghans Chronoscope, designed by Max Bill:
DSC00040.jpg
DSC00039.jpg

+1 Junghans: simple, classy and has garnered more compliments than any other watch I have ever owned. It also keeps excellent time for a mechanical movement.
982594692_jiosM-XL.jpg

canstyleace

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Wow, I'm usually in the SW&D side and rarely came across any mention of watches, anyway some of mine to share, more to come later.

02.jpg

Destro-Fiddy.jpg

jtoddaz

Reaction score
Originally Posted by canstyleace
Wow I didnt know some paneristi hanged out in sf, I'm usually in the SW&D side and rarely came across any mention of pams prior, I used to be part of the community before I moved to Canada and havent been back to the site in years, probably lost touch with the risti crowd since the last gtg in vegas '05, anyway some of mine to share, more to come later (I need to take pics of my 026)

02.jpg

Destro-Fiddy.jpg

Sweet. I have my first PAM on the way. 005, baby!!!
bounce2.gif

luk-cha

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by gazman70k
Happy 10th Birthday Paneristi!

standard.jpg

standard.jpg

standard.jpg

standard.jpg

sweet, i didn't think you were into black watches?;-)

gazman70k

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by luk-cha
sweet, i didn't think you were into black watches?;-)

I do have the odd black watch or three. But this one is special.

http://www.panerai.com/s_news_eve.xp...mode=view_news

Luminor for Paneristi's Anniversary

Ten years have gone by since the launch of the website www.paneristi.com and in that time, the Panerai watch enthusiasts who exchange information, comments and stories on the site forum have grown from just a few dozen to several thousand from all over the world. To celebrate the tenth anniversary of this story of extraordinary passion, Officine Panerai presents a new Special Edition watch dedicated to the "Paneristi" and made at their request - the Luminor for Paneristi's Anniversary.

The new Luminor for Paneristi's Anniversary, designed by Officine Panerai and bearing in mind the guidelines and preferences expressed by the community of "Paneristi", comes with a 44 mm Luminor case, distinguished by the classic crown-protecting bridge device, making the watch water resistant up to 30 atmospheres (approximately 300 m in depth).

The case, bezel, bridge and crown are coated in DLC, as is the buckle that closes the strap in antiqued leather. The watch is personalised by the steel caseback, which bears the engraved inscription Paneristi.com, and Tenth Anniversary.

Standing out on the black dial are the classic numerals and large index markers so typical of Panerai, made in a special ecru SuperLumiNovaÂ
00ae.png
- which also coats the hands - adding to the watch's vintage look. "Luminor Panerai" and the OP logo are engraved in white. The movement of the Luminor Logo DLC - 44mm is the hand-wound OP I calibre.

The Luminor for Paneristi's Anniversary was launched on the Paneristi forum on 1st July 2010 and the same medium was used to provide instructions for ordering the watch. The 300 pieces produced sold out in the few minutes following the publication of the relative post.

* Officine Panerai is not the owner of the trademark Super LumiNovaÂ
00ae.png

Kaplan

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Gazman, nice catch on the 360. Of course, the strap it comes on looks really crappy - can I help you get rid of it?
sly.gif

Or - assuming it can be ordered separately - do you know the strap's #?

gazman70k

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Kaplan
Gazman, nice catch on the 360. Of course, the strap it comes on looks really crappy - can I help you get rid of it?
sly.gif

Or - assuming it can be ordered separately - do you know the strap's #?

Unfortunately I don't. Best to call Chad at the BH boutique and ask him. I do know that its available separately. Note that it has two floating keepers instead of the standard one sewn in and one floating configuration.

Gaz

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads