• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

New A.P.C critique Fit

TheGoodLife

Reaction score
I sized down to a size 30 PS. I think the fit is decent but not totally sure. My main debate was between the new cures or the petite standards and I went with the ps. I have a 15 day return policy so i can ship them back if I like.

1.png

2.png

Image-1.png

GraphicNovelty

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Size down at 2 more IMO. They stretch like a motherfucker.

Also, stickies at the top for these kinds of questions, special flowers, etc.etc.

whiskeybeard

Reaction score
Could've used the sticky thread/APC thread for this question
confused.gif

Anyway if that's how they fit I think they'll end up being too big for you. APC stretch a lot so it's recommended to size down 2 in most cases.

TheGoodLife

Reaction score
Originally Posted by whiskeybeard
Could've used the sticky thread/APC thread for this question
confused.gif

Anyway if that's how they fit I think they'll end up being too big for you. APC stretch a lot so it's recommended to size down 2 in most cases.

Originally Posted by Uncontrol
they look perfect which means they're too big

Ahh ok. Should I go down 1 or 2 more?

whiskeybeard

Reaction score
I'd say 1 more but I don't like my jeans super tight. Sizing down 2 would be very very tight initially (difficult to close etc.) but would stretch to be wearable (but still tight) over time.

Flight Bird

Reaction score
Honestly I think that if you just throw on a belt to prevent the waist from exploding outward, then you should be fine. Sizing down one will be MUCH slimmer

Pinhas

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Uncontrol
they look perfect which means they're too big

^ this

baba booey

Reaction score
Do you have a moose knuckle yet? When you can answer yes to this question they fit correctly.

Cool The Kid

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
PCs stretch so much... my NS 33s fit a little tighter than that now esp from the knee down

Go w/the 28

Listi

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Size down one, that fit is not the reason people buy petite standards. Too slim-straight, needs to be actual slim. Especially if you were considering cures, these definitely aren't slim enough for you.

TheGoodLife

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Listi
Size down one, that fit is not the reason people buy petite standards. Too slim-straight, needs to be actual slim. Especially if you were considering cures, these definitely aren't slim enough for you.

thank you. that cleared everything up. I appreciate it.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 35.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 60 38.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 11.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 27 17.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 28 18.1%

Forum statistics

Threads