• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Official Events and PSA thread

Fidgeteer

Reaction score
Odd that the brown desert boots seem to have the nicest leather of this lot and no one's buying. Same texture and nearly the same color as that of the brown wingtips from the last sale.

The brown suede Oxfords looked good, but they sold out in my size before I got to the product page. I'll tell myself the rain wouldn't like them anyway.

whiteslashasian

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Fidgeteer
Odd that the brown desert boots seem to have the nicest leather of this lot and no one's buying. Same texture and nearly the same color as that of the brown wingtips from the last sale.

The brown suede Oxfords looked good, but they sold out in my size before I got to the product page. I'll tell myself the rain wouldn't like them anyway.

Those desert boots sure are tempting...not sure how the sizing would work for me as I'm a half...

deveandepot1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

GBer

Reaction score
Originally Posted by najpie
You can always join the fan club to get 20% off, and when signing up, fill out your bday to be when you plan on buying the suit, which will give you another 15% off.

What fan club? Do tell.

marathonman

Reaction score
Syms in Falls Church, VA has several solid navy and charcoal Hickey Freeman mainline suits at $499. They are mostly 42s and 44s, including some L's. There was also a very nice size 38 flannel in mid grey.

alexei

Reaction score
Went by 3 TJ Maxx stores today in St. Louis, MO: Des Peres, Kirkwood, and Creve Coeur.

First two had about 20 total ties at each store by: Georgio Armani, Versace, Gucci, E. Zegna, Valentino, Dior, Costume National

Prices: $29 (for some that had been marked down)-$69 (regular price)

Most were all wide and ugly except a few of the Gucci were slimmer, but $69 and a few of the Valentino were slimmer. I bought a blue Valentino for $29 plus several super skinny CN for $20 each, one Dior for $39, and a couple others.

The Creve Coeur location only had two ugly Versace ties.

Other TJ Maxx stores may carry similar ties. YMMV.

alexei

Reaction score
Dillards stores have 40% off all final sale/clearance prices, which includes a lot of Polo Ralph Lauren. You can view their website at www.dillards.com. Store selection is better as there are more mark downs. I bought several polos for $29 each (not necessarily a steal), two linen short sleeved shirts marked down from $85 to $15 each, a couple button down short sleeved shirts for the same price. Shorts all at $15-20. Looks like it ends tomorrow, online anyway.

alexei

Reaction score

bkk

Reaction score
Originally Posted by GBer
For those interested, Gilt.com will have Grenson today

Was that the nutzo clearance day? By the time I had scanned what was available, everything was sold out, at least in my size.

GBer

Reaction score
Originally Posted by bkk
Was that the nutzo clearance day? By the time I had scanned what was available, everything was sold out, at least in my size.

musicboohoo[1].gif

Normal

see also:

http://nymag.com/fashion/10/spring/63807/

whiteslashasian

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
My girlfriend was at Nordstrom Rack in Union Square and spotted Mulholland Brothers briefcases, garment bags, duffels, and carry-alls etc. at 35% off the already discounted prices.

I picked this up for $200 http://shopmulholland.com/product.ht...uct=PC4030-GSS

IIRC after the discount the Garment Bags were around $120, Briefcases $150, carry-alls and duffels $200. They also had some rolling luggage/carry-ons but I don't recall the prices.

I didn't see too many all leather pieces, and some of the leather was a bit scuffed. I think some conditioner and light polishing will get the few on my bag out no problem.

Kuro

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Santoni Madison Avenue boutique is closing with giant "Everything Must Go Lost Our Lease" signs in the windows.

Prices are up to 70% off.

Shoeby Doo

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Kuro
Santoni Madison Avenue boutique is closing with giant "Everything Must Go Lost Our Lease" signs in the windows.

Prices are up to 70% off.

Wow! Sure hope some members here go clean them out so the rest of us can get a shot at those goodies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads