• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

edubs01

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by geoffmartin17
Hey Mike,

I'm sure you've answered this before but...any previews of new trousers coming out? My red cords and bordeaux poplins are getting sick airtime...i need to expand my colour palette!

+1
Mike - what do you have planned for new trousers and what is the timeline?

Epaulet

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Originally Posted by PartagasIV
Had no idea you guys had the Mills & Co. canvas briefcases--just ordered one in grey. Looks like a great commute bag, and a nice upgrade from my 1985 Jansport steez.

Nice, that's my favorite color, and a great match for most outfits. Thank you sir!

Originally Posted by hboogz
Just got a great deal on some EPS Smith Denim. I know the stretch is minimal, but i'm hoping they stretch just enough to fit like buttah...

They will stretch and break in a bit - just be prepared to put a little work into it, especially right after the first wash
smile.gif

Originally Posted by APK
Is there a swatch of the gunmetal twill chino?

Hmm, I don't have the exact one, but it's pretty close to this:

GREY_t.jpg

Originally Posted by tonio028
Hey, Mike. I just saw that the bartender/Epaulet model usually posting your fits was on a page in the new GQ and saw one of your ties got a shout out. Congrats on the mention in the mag, man. Good s**t.

Thanks! Damon's a great guy, and it was fully his idea to get Epaulet'd out for the photoshoot. I'm going to pick up an issue tomorrow and put it on our blog. We should be in the NYT style section in a week or two as well.

Er'ry day we hustlin!

Originally Posted by Blog Marley
Is there an ETA on the Epaulet or Gant sweaters? I tried looking back but don't remember seeing one.

I'm expecting our first Gant shipment pretty soon - within the next 2-3 weeks or so. The Epaulet Italian sweaters should be here by the end of September. The Epaulet Canadian heavyweight cardigans will be here around the same time, or maybe a week or two later.

Outside of that, I'll have sweaters by Fred Perry, Garbstore, Pendleton, and Scotch & Soda. I know that Fred Perry and Scotch can make some stank knits, but I found quite a few diamonds in the rough. For FP, we'll have just the Scottish lambswool pieces. And Scotch put out an absolutely killer Italian-made Cowichan with a quilted lining. Really, this thing is insane.

Oh, and scarves. We will have a psychotic amount of scarves.

Originally Posted by geoffmartin17
Hey Mike,

I'm sure you've answered this before but...any previews of new trousers coming out? My red cords and bordeaux poplins are getting sick airtime...i need to expand my colour palette!

Originally Posted by edubs01
+1
Mike - what do you have planned for new trousers and what is the timeline?

I've got bits of news for you guys:

1. Our next trouser delivery should arrive in the next 7-10 days. We're getting pants in Air Force Blue super 120's, Royal Stewart Tartan, Blackwatch, and "Corduroy Tweed." That last one is as good as it sounds. A steel-slate corduroy with tweed-like flecks of color. I've never seen anything like it.

2. Today should have been our day off. But instead, Adele and I spent six wonderful hours at the trouser workshop. Seriously, I love this place. I could set up a cot in the corner and live there. It's amazing.

We rifled through two rooms of deadstock and came up with eight new fabrics to order. We placed an order on the spot, and we should have the pieces by the end of September. This stuff is incredible. There's Donnegal tweeds, windowpanes, double-faced worsteds, and ... seriously ... the best trouser fabric that I have seen in my life. With the humble name "Navy Flannel," it's like nothing I've come across before. Rather than being solid Navy, it's a medium grey flannel with navy threads running through the weft. The effect is amazing. I took a bunch of photos.

We have swatches of all this stuff and the stock is pretty limited. We'll only get about 10-25 units per fabric. I'm going to scan them in and work to get everything up for preorder around the end of the week.

3. We're embarking on a basic program for our trousers. I sourced some gorgeous Super 120's wool, which will make a phenomenal year-round dress trouser. Starting in October, we're going to stock this in five colors (Charcoal - Grey - Navy - Black - Brown) and both Walt and Rudy fits. We'll try to keep every size and color in stock at all times.

bob_gnarly

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Epaulet
I'm expecting our first Gant shipment pretty soon - within the next 2-3 weeks or so. The Epaulet Italian sweaters should be here by the end of September. The Epaulet Canadian heavyweight cardigans will be here around the same time, or maybe a week or two later.

What are these canadian cardigans you speak of? Any info available?

APK

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
What's the word on suits? If/when you go through with them, are you going to be offering any jackets in fabrics that are already available as trousers?

PartagasIV

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'm hoping for MTM shirts coming up after suits...I could use a break from my Manhattan tailor's shirt prices.

kgmessier

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'm hoping for MTM shirts coming up after suits...I could use a break from my Manhattan tailor's shirt prices.
Would Epaulet do that? Mike did say he wanted to set up a cot in the workshop. Doesn't matter to me, since their smalls are pretty much MTM for me. w00t!

hboogz

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Dam. Just when i thought i didn't need any more dam trousers.

pistolero

Reaction score

AFAIK Epaulet doesn't do MTM. Since I unfortunately don't fit the standard Epaulet shirt sizing (too tall), I live in hope that this may one day change.

pistolero

Reaction score
We're embarking on a basic program for our trousers. I sourced some gorgeous Super 120's wool, which will make a phenomenal year-round dress trouser. Starting in October, we're going to stock this in five colors (Charcoal - Grey - Navy - Black - Brown) and both Walt and Rudy fits. We'll try to keep every size and color in stock at all times.

This strikes me as an excellent idea; with some publicity I see no reason why you couldn't sell tons of these as basics. I also hope you'll keep doing tropical wool versions for summer, those are really 3 season pants for those of us in the south. Seeing as how it was 107 here yesterday, I can vouch for how comfortable they are in the heat.

PolePosition

Reaction score
Is it at all possible to make size 31 in your trousers? I know that they are easily tailorable but would be nice for those of us with a 31" waist to be able to just order that size instead of having to visit the tailor, especially if we plan to own multiple pairs. Thanks!

justtemple

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The Epaulet Canadian heavyweight cardigans will be here around the same time, or maybe a week or two later.

Do you have an idea on pricing yet? I think I want that forest/mint jump off.

Epaulet

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Originally Posted by bob_gnarly
What are these canadian cardigans you speak of? Any info available?

We're doing a heavy-knit shawl neck Cardigan in Canada. It's an in-house design, and the whole thing is hand made. We should have them here around the end of September, and I'll be able to post images soon.

Originally Posted by APK
What's the word on suits? If/when you go through with them, are you going to be offering any jackets in fabrics that are already available as trousers?

The elusive sportcoat is confirmed! I've got one more sample coming, but we're 99% of the way there. The shoulder and chest fit is perfect, which was the hardest part. The shape will be 3-roll-2 with double rear flaps.

For the suit, we'll definitely do a Super 120's charcoal wool for this Fall. The delivery should be around the middle of October. I'm working on a tweed suit and a corduroy suit as well. But either way, we'll definitely have Tweed and Cord Sportcoats.

Originally Posted by pistolero
This strikes me as an excellent idea; with some publicity I see no reason why you couldn't sell tons of these as basics. I also hope you'll keep doing tropical wool versions for summer, those are really 3 season pants for those of us in the south. Seeing as how it was 107 here yesterday, I can vouch for how comfortable they are in the heat.

Thanks! And yes, we're sticking with a similar weight. The Super 120's wool is just a bit heavier than the Tropical, so it will still be comfortable for warmer climates. IMO it's the perfect weight for a year-round fabric. You can have a true tropical for the psycho hot days, and a heavier flannel for the psycho cold ones.

And the hand on this fabric? Like buttah.

Originally Posted by PolePosition
Is it at all possible to make size 31 in your trousers? I know that they are easily tailorable but would be nice for those of us with a 31" waist to be able to just order that size instead of having to visit the tailor, especially if we plan to own multiple pairs. Thanks!

Sorry, I just can't handle it from a stock perspective. But have you tried a pair of our trousers? It's really rare that a customer finds one of the even sizes way too big or too small. The medium rise does a lot for smoothing out the fit.

Originally Posted by justtemple
Do you have an idea on pricing yet? I think I want that forest/mint jump off.

Yes, they'll most likely be around $345. I just have to see what the final landed price with shipping is.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.9%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 89 37.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 39 16.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 37 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads