• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Is it worth getting an exchange?

Jay687

Reaction score
I bought two pairs of BR slim fit wool pants... they fit really well, but one of them had a defective seam. Not sure why either have this weird **** in the back of the waistband, but the seam on one of them was falling apart.

I got an exchange. Same size, same color... how is the fit? Too big. Not horrible, but it's like a size too big really. .5-1" bigger everywhere, waist, leg opening, and so on.

Should I do yet another exchange? These are probably the best fitting pants I've ever worn to be honest, it sucks that the second pair was too large since the others are perfect. I guess crappy quality control really, but hopefully if I do exchange... I get a well-fitting pair. Worth it?

ZON_JR

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Are you expecting anyone to tell you to keep the pants that don't fit?

sho'nuff

grrrrrrrr!!
Reaction score
this is a strange phenomenon that does once in awhile occurs for me as well, i can see the op's point here off on a tangent.

sometimes you get a pair of shoes, the one pair (of two) they have, the shoes are perfect but there is an imperfection at the toe in the leather or something, not glaring, but enough for me to ask if they have another same pair. they bring out the other pair, same shoe, but for some reason the whole leather quality is a little duller on that pair. not as exquisite. something off about the whole leather, no depth, etc compared to the first pair. but the first pair has an imperfection...

or
a pair of jeans. one you try on has something off, like some stitching is loose on it, or there is a seam that is not lined up right, or a slub mark too conspicuously placed on the ass, etc. but the fit is right on, killer. it just fits right.
so you try on the only other same pair, stitching and slubs are all correct, the seams are done straighter , etc, but for some reason... the fit is off. you cant put your finger on it. but you can tell, the first pair had a much better fit.

just something i noticed once in awhile.

MyOtherLife

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Photos please.

Sanguis Mortuum

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Jay687
Not sure why either have this weird **** in the back of the waistband

The waistband is split to allow the waist to be altered at the rear/seat seam. Obviously it shouldn't be falling apart though...

AndyMcL

Reaction score
Definitely return and exchange. You don't want to pay for pants that don't fit right and you won't wear.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Staff online

Forum statistics