• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Lands' End Canvas

Hizz2k1

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Rosenberg
I want it too but their sizing has me confused as hell. There was a guy whe outweighs me by 10lbs wearing smalls that looked like the fit well but I'm almost always a med. Does this stuff run large or what? I really don't want to **** around with the back and forth shipping and return if I don't have to

yea man, def go with the small, There is a store near me and I went in and tried on a few shirts, they def run large. I am 5'10" 176 pounds and I typically wear a medium, but i went down to a small and it fit perfect. The shirts i bought had great fit at the sides, and the tail length was perfect.

APK

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Anyone able to provide shoulder measurements for the button-down shirts in either the small or medium?

Rosenberg

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Hizz2k1
yea man, def go with the small, There is a store near me and I went in and tried on a few shirts, they def run large. I am 5'10" 176 pounds and I typically wear a medium, but i went down to a small and it fit perfect. The shirts i bought had great fit at the sides, and the tail length was perfect.

Goddamn now I don't know. If you are fitting into a small, logic would dictate that at the same height, -10lbs at least, I'd need an xs Which 1) I've NEVER needed and 2) they don't have

thisfits

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Rosenberg
Goddamn now I don't know. If you are fitting into a small, logic would dictate that at the same height, -10lbs at least, I'd need an xs Which 1) I've NEVER needed and 2) they don't have

I don't get all the consternation over this. Order with a free shipping coupon. If it doesn't work out, return it to your nearest Sears (I've found, though, that it's easiest to return it to the Lands End' section if they have one).

You get a full refund and aren't even out shipping costs.

Lands' End's return policy is ridiculously generous: they'll take the clothes back even after a couple wears and a wash.

Just don't be a tool and buy the clothes with the express purpose of wearing them out a few times and then returning.

ahe

Reaction score
Does anyone have the slim fit chinos? I was wondering if they were too tight when tucking in, especially with the low rise?

rdev

Reaction score
Originally Posted by tit_tyrant
Anyone have more information on the shaker shawl collar cardigan?

I wear small in their shirts, and find that it fits between J Crew's small and extra-small. The shirt sizes are consistent, but the cardigan sizes are not.

Heritage Cardigan: Fits nicely in small, equivalent of J Crew small cardigan
Shaker Shawl Cardigan: Really big fit in small, equivalent of J Crew medium cardigan
Slub Waffle Cardigan: Really big fit in small, equivalent of J Crew medium cardigan

If you wear size small in their shirts, skip the Shaker cardigan. If you wear size medium or bigger, you can probably size down and be OK.

Timbaland

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
To everyone asking for measurements of the shirts, why don't you just email their customer service. They have given me measurements for shirts before and they reply pretty fast, much faster than almost all the other customer service peopel I've contacted.

GQ1

Reaction score
None of the codes are working right now.

thisfits

Reaction score
For anyone on Facebook, if you "Like" Lands End, they've posted a private sale link that gives the 25% off and free shipping deal. Ends tonight at 11:59pm CDT.

The link might work even without Liking Lands End, but I haven't tried.

Rosenberg

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by thisfits
I don't get all the consternation over this. Order with a free shipping coupon. If it doesn't work out, return it to your nearest Sears (I've found, though, that it's easiest to return it to the Lands End' section if they have one).

You get a full refund and aren't even out shipping costs.

Lands' End's return policy is ridiculously generous: they'll take the clothes back even after a couple wears and a wash.

Just don't be a tool and buy the clothes with the express purpose of wearing them out a few times and then returning.

Nothing to do with costs. I work in the middle of the night. I'm not up much during daylight hours and it makes doing simple things like returns difficult

GQ1

Reaction score
Originally Posted by thisfits
For anyone on Facebook, if you "Like" Lands End, they've posted a private sale link that gives the 25% off and free shipping deal. Ends tonight at 11:59pm CDT.

The link might work even without Liking Lands End, but I haven't tried.

Thanks!

Has anyone tried the new garment dyed oxford shirts yet?

GQ1

Reaction score
New Coupon expires today:

Promotion Code: AUG23FB
PIN: 2474

Save 25% on all Regular Price Merchandise + Receive Free Shipping!

skitlets

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by GQ1
New Coupon expires today:

Promotion Code: AUG23FB
PIN: 2474

Save 25% on all Regular Price Merchandise + Receive Free Shipping!

Thanks! Worked for me.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads