• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Minneapolis / St. Paul Shopping?

deadly7

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Well, I went to just about all of the places mentioned above. Nicollet Mall certainly was a great area, I'm going to have to go back before I leave. I also found what I would consider to be a 'local gem'. http://www.hammer-made.com/ The store "Hammer-Made", if you can fit into their sizes, has amazingly soft Egyptian cotton (in the 'true' sense of the word, not the "oh just a generic cotton from Egypt" way) shirts. They also offer a MTM option. Unfortunately they didn't have my size, but the owner was extremely nice and I even met their designer there. I'd definitely recommend them as a local shop -- I liked their shirts more than some of the RLBL shirts I've encountered. One disclosure: since I didn't find my size, I can't attest to their longevity. Edit: and right next door there was a store called "Twill by Scott Dayton" that sold some staples (e.g. Talbott ties). I wasn't sure which line the products were, though, so I was a bit wary to shell out that much money.

Nataku

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by deadly7
Well, I went to just about all of the places mentioned above. Nicollet Mall certainly was a great area, I'm going to have to go back before I leave.

I also found what I would consider to be a 'local gem'. http://www.hammer-made.com/ The store "Hammer-Made", if you can fit into their sizes, has amazingly soft Egyptian cotton (in the 'true' sense of the word, not the "oh just a generic cotton from Egypt" way) shirts. They also offer a MTM option. Unfortunately they didn't have my size, but the owner was extremely nice and I even met their designer there. I'd definitely recommend them as a local shop -- I liked their shirts more than some of the RLBL shirts I've encountered. One disclosure: since I didn't find my size, I can't attest to their longevity.

Edit: and right next door there was a store called "Twill by Scott Dayton" that sold some staples (e.g. Talbott ties). I wasn't sure which line the products were, though, so I was a bit wary to shell out that much money.

I forgot to mention Hammer-Made! The owner used to work for Kuhlman, IIRC. Great guy - very friendly. I love their ties and pocket squares. Glad you found them.

max b

Reaction score
Top Shelf Clothiers - 3040 Lyndale Avenue

VictorJB

Reaction score
Mall of America, the biggest mall in the country.

Master Squirrel

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Nataku
I forgot to mention Hammer-Made! The owner used to work for Kuhlman, IIRC. Great guy - very friendly. I love their ties and pocket squares. Glad you found them.

Stopped by yesterday. Like their stuff, although probably not for me.

Fred H.

Reaction score
Marty Mathis IS THE MAN. Where ELSE would you go? (Of course, you may need to start wearing dry flies instead of felt flowers, but WTF?)

MinnMD

Reaction score
Brooks Brothers and Allen Edmonds are side-by-side in the downtown skyway of Minneapolis. There's a slightly larger Brooks Brothers in Maple Grove.

Hubert White is in downtown Minneapolis. It's on the ground level and connected to the skyway.

Macy's in downtown Minneapolis has a small Ralph Lauren section.

Then there's the downstairs of Neiman Marcus in downtown Minneapolis.

Burberry is at Mall of America. Downstairs Nordstrom at Mall of America has shoes.

MinnMD

Achilles_

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Master Squirrel
Nicollet Mall is good and has nice bars and restaurants, as is Uptown (Hennepin Ave and Lake St.) for poking around, good food and access to the lakes. The Tin Fish is a great little place to eat on Lake Calhoun. Downtown St. Paul is pretty in parts, but quiet after 5pm. Selby Ave east of Dale in St Paul has some nice watering holes (Muddy Pig, Moscow on the Hill, Happy Gnome). Grand Ave in St Paul is also recommended for a day trip.

Ugh Uptown is too packed for me. Fun place to be though, if you like lots of activity
smile.gif

Mannix

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by MinnMD
Brooks Brothers and Allen Edmonds are side-by-side in the downtown skyway of Minneapolis. There's a slightly larger Brooks Brothers in Maple Grove.

Never knew there was a Brooks Brothers in Maple Grove...I'll have to check it out. I hate parking downtown so I rarely go to that Brooks store...

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 35.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 60 38.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 11.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 27 17.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 28 18.1%

Forum statistics

Threads