• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

WTF is wrong with Macy's staff? Also which levis are which?

amd123

Reaction score
In my area I have called up many JCPenneys/Sears/Macy's and none of them have levis 501 stfs.
Today I call a larger Macy's and the staff says they have the Levi's shrink to fit.

I tell them that it's a SPECIFIC MODEL of the 501 LEVIS JEANS and IT WILL SAY SHRINK TO FIT on the LABEL OF THE BACK POCKET and I even then tell them they might have preshrunk and original fit(straight leg/button fly) but those are not what I need and I need EXACTLY shrink to fit.

I first get an asian immigrant lady on the phone who says "oh sure we have many many and all levis, you come you buy" then she puts on another lady who speaks fluent english and she goes and checks and says we have them.

I go there and lo and behold, they don't have any. I am
ffffuuuu.gif
and I go find the lady who told me and she says sure sure we got them. I go to find another lady, who apparently is ALSO asian and she's even worse, she takes me there and goes "oh I a sorry, we don't have them but we have this, I like this, these are very popurar" She honestly would not leave me alone. Kept asking me my size and kept saying are you ready, I can check you out.
ffffuuuu.gif

WTF is wrong with Macy's staff???

Then it get's even better!!!

I go find a nice well dressed, seems college somewhat educated guy and I show him how the clothing display table says "SHRINK TO FIT" and shows the Levi's sizing guide and then I show him how the various 501s are labelled either Pre-Shrunk or Original Fit, so I say well shouldn't the "Shrink to Fit" be labelled "Shrink to Fit" and he agrees with me.

So, SF...tell me are the "Original Fit (Button Fly/Straight Leg) 501s" STFs?

Transcendental

Reaction score
if they're not stiff theyre not stf...pretty simple man

depending where you live (most midwestern places dont from my experience)
stfs might not be carried

amd123

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Transcendental
if they're not stiff theyre not stf...pretty simple man

depending where you live (most midwestern places dont from my experience)
stfs might not be carried

When you say stiff, how stiff?
Because I've never owned a pair of raw denim yet. I thought I finally got some from Gap (1969) but I guess it's because of the wash (black coated wash) and it feels ruff.

However it's not selvedge.
However the washing instructions say the 1969 the jean will shrink a little.
Do you think they will fade?

Lastly, you say if the jean is rigid, it's STF. Are you saying it doesn't necessarily have to say STF?

Stylin-1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The smart thing to do would have been to just post your last question in this thread.

http://www.styleforum.net/showthread.php?t=55144

Skip the self righteous rant with the racist implications. You're not special in the conventional sense, and furthermore, it's silly to run the risk of hypertension over ****** jeans and an even shittier store.

Master-Classter

Distinguished Member
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
are you ready? I can check you out...

amd123

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Master-Classter
are you ready? I can check you out...

hey man that's what she said.

That's what she said

blush.gif

modernrenman

Reaction score
Just try on a normal pair of 501's at Macy's or wherever to get your waist size, and then order STF's from here in the same waist and +2 length. You're making it way more complicated than it should be.

meso

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I rock ruff and tuff with my afro-puffs.

Seriously, I did LOL at "I go to find another lady, who apparently is ALSO asian." The nerve of em for being asian!

aaaeeeiiiooouuu

Reaction score
HAHA DUDE that reminds me the other day i went into panda express and i was like excuse me do you have beijing beef and the lady was all like *********** ching *********** lol asians really though its like learn english or get outta my country LOL RIGHT? WTF is wrong with panda express staff is what i wanna know bro LOL

brad-t

Bae Blade
Reaction score
Originally Posted by aaaeeeiiiooouuu
HAHA DUDE that reminds me the other day i went into panda express and i was like excuse me do you have beijing beef and the lady was all like *********** ching *********** lol asians really though its like learn english or get outta my country LOL RIGHT? WTF is wrong with panda express staff is what i wanna know bro LOL

idk if it's just because i'm sleep deprived but this is fuckin great

AR_Six

"Sookie!"
Reaction score
LOL

LawrenceMD

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

my panda express has all latino dudes working there, from the cook to the cashier... so I often wonder why they all speak to each other in cantonese...

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads