• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

FatMod

Reaction score
Is this a current colour? Where can I find?

60209.jpg

PeterParker

Reaction score
I hate to bring up the topic of quality control again, but I'd like to bring this to the attention of other Alden owners to prevent them from having the same problem.

I noticed some scrapes on the tongue of my LS Jumpers after wearing them for the first time.
img0219t.jpg

I inspected the underside of the eyelets to find a sharp sliver.
img0213zq.jpg

I've removed the sliver and filed down the rough edges on the eyelet, a simple enough fix. I am not terribly upset by the scrapes as they are not really visible when laced up, and it's something that can be touched up.

This is mostly a warning for other Alden owners to closely inspect their shoes/boots before wearing them so that this doesn't happen. I know I will next time!

bananananana

In Time Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Originally Posted by PeterParker
I hate to bring up the topic of quality control again, but I'd like to bring this to the attention of other Alden owners to prevent them from having the same problem.

I noticed some scrapes on the tongue of my LS Jumpers after wearing them for the first time.

I inspected the underside of the eyelets to find a sharp sliver.

I've removed the sliver and filed down the rough edges on the eyelet, a simple enough fix. I am not terribly upset by the scrapes as they are not really visible when laced up, and it's something that can be touched up.

This is mostly a warning for other Alden owners to closely inspect their shoes/boots before wearing them so that this doesn't happen. I know I will next time!

Same thing happened with my indy boots. Easy fix, just clipped it off with a nail clipper but still another qc problem. Probably won't order aldens again online, just buy in person now at the alden sf store.

GreatHighway

Reaction score
maybe something we should start stressing in this thread is an initial inspection of mail order shoes. my black indys are supposed to be in at some point today so ill start there. pics when they arrive

and nice PTBs up there. shiny
cool.gif

Dewey

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
^ At first I thought that was a parody of a QC post. Now I think maybe not? Either way it's a little much to get excited about a scratch on the tongue.

The boots could be a lot more expensive. There are more expensive price points for shoes and boots. $450-$650 is not enough to warrant such high expectations from every pair.

sockpuppets

Reaction score
It adds character peter. I plan on beating a couple of my aldens in to the ground.

GreatHighway

Reaction score
nope im being sincere. im not a stubborn person
smile.gif

Originally Posted by sockpuppets
It adds character peter. I plan on beating a couple of my aldens in to the ground.

hell yeah. my LHS moccasin is going to be my lifer, old-man shoe. i cant wait to see it in 40 years. im 28 now

*so here they are, 40517H from TheShoeMart. looks and feels good. gave them a quick wipedown

2gv3n9s.jpg

starting the break-in right away

15wz3vt.jpg

TeeKay

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
966.jpg

Just pulled the trigger on a pair of these. Can't wait for them to get here.
biggrin.gif

wj4

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by PeterParker

Hey, just curious....how did you remove the sliver? Seems like they should be fastened in there quite tightly.

wj4

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Another question from an Alden noob here. I'm looking to purchase a pair of Longwings. The last is a Barrie, which should run like a Trubalance, right? Thanks!

interlockingny

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by wj4
Another question from an Alden noob here. I'm looking to purchase a pair of Longwings. The last is a Barrie, which should run like a Trubalance, right? Thanks!

Yes. The general consensus is that you size down 1/2 for the Barrie similiar to the Trubalance.

MiniW

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
damn srivats, I was just about to give up on owning a pair of the #8 PTB's, but your post gives me second thoughts

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 86 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 23 10.2%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.6%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 16.0%

Forum statistics

Threads