• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Does anyone like Bill Maher?

Piobaire

Not left of center?
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Hey Man
So if Bill Maher actually started posting on this forum - would you call him a troll too, since we share much of the same opinion?
Opinions are like assholes; we all have them and they don't smell good. You are mistaking facts and reality with opinion. I have repeatedly shown you are basically full of **** and or lying. I have provided factual citations to many of your blatantly false assertions. This is "pwning" you; repeatedly demonstrating you are a lying idiot. Opinion: I wish highly religious people did not exert power over the political system. Most people, including moderately religious people, will probably agree with that. Idiotic, outlandish, and easily demonstrated to be false assertion of fact.
The lack of religious kooks and closed minded conversatives in other countries is a big plus.
This is where I have "pwned" you and will continue to do so. It is clear that many other countries have religious kooks, both liberal and conservative ones. Thus endeth the lesson.

RSS

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
The lack of religious kooks and closed minded conversatives in other countries is a big plus.
Could you define "other countries?"

Piobaire

Not left of center?
Reaction score
Originally Posted by RSS
Could you define "other countries?"

Well, he said this earlier:

Now let me ask you a question: what do you think America would be like if the country was primarily athiest? Maybe more like Holland or Canada at the very least?

It's when I started to figure out he was Canadian. Holding Canada forward as a country to be exemplified in this context is exceedingly funny, as the current PM is seen as a member of the religious right.

This was a little bit of "pwning" that I have refrained from using but this seems like a great time to put it out there
smile.gif

Of course, unlike Nice Shot, I can back my assertions.

http://www.xtra.ca/public/National/S...ight-5516.aspx

http://www.walrusmagazine.com/articl...-the-theocons/

http://www.thestar.com/opinion/lette...eligious-right

http://www.harperindex.ca/ViewArticle.cfm?Ref=0033

http://www.nytimes.com/2006/11/19/wo.../19canada.html

RSS

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Nothing personal Pio ... but I pick Holland ... for the coffee shops ... to hell with the atheists ... well, figuratively speaking.

tagutcow

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by RSS
Nothing personal Pio ... but I pick Holland ... for the coffee shops ... to hell with the atheists ... well, figuratively speaking.

You're like the Valcava of ellipses.

RSS

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by tagutcow
You're like the Valcava of ellipses.
As RJman once said ...
Originally Posted by RJman
RSS... uses them... like Whitney Houston used to use her breath control...

What can I say? I write much the way I speak ... with pregnant pauses ... to allow for ... antici...pation.

Hey Man

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Piobaire
Opinions are like assholes; we all have them and they don't smell good.

You are mistaking facts and reality with opinion. I have repeatedly shown you are basically full of **** and or lying. I have provided factual citations to many of your blatantly false assertions. This is "pwning" you; repeatedly demonstrating you are a lying idiot.

Opinion: I wish highly religious people did not exert power over the political system.

Most people, including moderately religious people, will probably agree with that.

Idiotic, outlandish, and easily demonstrated to be false assertion of fact.

This is where I have "pwned" you and will continue to do so. It is clear that many other countries have religious kooks, both liberal and conservative ones.

Thus endeth the lesson.

I am speaking from actual experience in living in many other countries (all over the UK, Canada, Australia, Greece, etc.) and I can sincerely tell you that no country is as hard core religion focused as the United States, which your own country describes as a Christian nation. Other countries don't have the dumb ***** that you have living in the south who worship Jesus - but hate blacks, gays and any kind of progressive thinking whatsoever, but marrying their cousin sounds like a good idea. They make Forrest Gump look like a candidate for mensa.

Yes every country does have their religious kooks and the current Canadian prime minister is conservative, however - this doesn't negate the fact that Canada has many more freedoms than the United States has. Look if cocaine was ever going to become legal in the world, it would happen in Canada long before the United States. The laws on pot and prostitution are much more lax in Canada over the United States.

We also don't have the censorship problems and religious groups that complain about Family Guy every ******* week. Have you ever tried watching Pulp Fiction on TBS? It's a completely different movie than I think Tarantino intended. In Canada, they show it UNCUT on local basic television - not cable. Stations in Canada will show The Sopranos uncut - not the hatchet job done on A&E. Same goes for movies - totally uncut on local TV, not like on NBC, CBS, ABC, AMC and so forth. How do you explain this - isn't America all about freedom of speech and against censorship? Obviously not. Canada is much more advanced in this capacity.

I really got a laugh at this:

A parents group is threatening CBS affiliates with challenges to their broadcast licenses if they air the network's new comedy with a title that alludes to an obscenity.

The Parents Television Council, which monitors decency issues, criticized CBS for picking up a comedy series called "(Bleep) My Dad Says" that is based on a popular Twitter feed. Instead of the word, the CBS title uses a series of symbols.

The group says it will challenge the broadcast license of any CBS affiliate that airs the series or promotions for it before 10 p.m. CBS has scheduled the comedy for Thursdays at 8:30 p.m. It stars William Shatner as the father whose politically incorrect musings are put out on Twitter by his son.

Tim Winter, president of the Los Angeles-based organization, said he was aware that CBS was developing a series based on the Twitter sensation, but "we couldn't imagine that a network would actually name a program either with an expletive or with the expletive ostensibly bleeped out.

"We're talking here not about a Twitter feed, we're talking about broadcast television that requires a license to use the airwaves," he said.

Simply pathetic. Boy, America is pretty cutting edge when it comes to censorship when they have a groups complaining about $#*!

XenoX101

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Can we get this thread locked or moved in to DT already? At first it was fun, then it got a bit tired, then it got annoying, then frustrating, but now it's just down right awful. The answer is yes, some people do like Bill Maher, and some of them might feel so passionate about his views that they feel compelled to **** a thread about him incessantly while screaming crude renditions of his argument. The End.

RSS

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Other countries don't have the dumb ***** that you have living in the south who worship Jesus - but hate blacks, gays and any kind of progressive thinking whatsoever...
Why I was in Ft. Worth just a couple of weeks ago ... for a wedding it was ... someone was marrying his cousin. I refer to the alphas among this type as Pitbulls for Jesus ... and they are everybit as cute and cuddly.

Piobaire

Not left of center?
Reaction score
Originally Posted by XenoX101
Can we get this thread locked or moved in to DT already? At first it was fun, then it got a bit tired, then it got annoying, then frustrating, but now it's just down right awful. The answer is yes, some people do like Bill Maher, and some of them might feel so passionate about his views that they feel compelled to **** a thread about him incessantly while screaming crude renditions of his argument. The End.

Agreed. Dumb idiot is dumb.

Hey Man

Reaction score
Agreed. Dumb idiot is dumb.

Translation - I got nothing to argue this entire post.

I am speaking from actual experience in living in many other countries (all over the UK, Canada, Australia, Greece, etc.) and I can sincerely tell you that no country is as hard core religion focused as the United States, which your own country describes as a Christian nation. Other countries don't have the dumb ***** that you have living in the south who worship Jesus - but hate blacks, gays and any kind of progressive thinking whatsoever, but marrying their cousin sounds like a good idea. They make Forrest Gump look like a candidate for mensa.

Yes every country does have their religious kooks and the current Canadian prime minister is conservative, however - this doesn't negate the fact that Canada has many more freedoms than the United States has. Look if cocaine was ever going to become legal in the world, it would happen in Canada long before the United States. The laws on pot and prostitution are much more lax in Canada over the United States.

We also don't have the censorship problems and religious groups that complain about Family Guy every ******* week. Have you ever tried watching Pulp Fiction on TBS? It's a completely different movie than I think Tarantino intended. In Canada, they show it UNCUT on local basic television - not cable. Stations in Canada will show The Sopranos uncut - not the hatchet job done on A&E. Same goes for movies - totally uncut on local TV, not like on NBC, CBS, ABC, AMC and so forth. How do you explain this - isn't America all about freedom of speech and against censorship? Obviously not. Canada is much more advanced in this capacity.

I really got a laugh at this:

A parents group is threatening CBS affiliates with challenges to their broadcast licenses if they air the network's new comedy with a title that alludes to an obscenity.

The Parents Television Council, which monitors decency issues, criticized CBS for picking up a comedy series called "(Bleep) My Dad Says" that is based on a popular Twitter feed. Instead of the word, the CBS title uses a series of symbols.

The group says it will challenge the broadcast license of any CBS affiliate that airs the series or promotions for it before 10 p.m. CBS has scheduled the comedy for Thursdays at 8:30 p.m. It stars William Shatner as the father whose politically incorrect musings are put out on Twitter by his son.

Tim Winter, president of the Los Angeles-based organization, said he was aware that CBS was developing a series based on the Twitter sensation, but "we couldn't imagine that a network would actually name a program either with an expletive or with the expletive ostensibly bleeped out.

"We're talking here not about a Twitter feed, we're talking about broadcast television that requires a license to use the airwaves," he said.

Simply pathetic. Boy, America is pretty cutting edge when it comes to censorship when they have a groups complaining about $#*!

Piobaire

Not left of center?
Reaction score

Yes, the preceding pages certainly demonstrate I cannot rebut your drivel.
rolleyes.gif

Last post to you, troll. This thread is now in the wrong forum so I'm ignoring it. You will be a fine, fine addition to the CE for the liberals though.
laugh.gif

RSS

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
At some point ... it becomes a waste of otherwise good time. It's you vs. a nice Erna Schein ... and the Cemetery 06 Cabernet wins.

Hey Man

Reaction score
Yes, the preceding pages certainly demonstrate I cannot rebut your drivel.
rolleyes.gif

Last post to you, troll. This thread is now in the wrong forum so I'm ignoring it. You will be a fine, fine addition to the CE for the liberals though.
laugh.gif

Well I know that nobody can argue my last post, so if this is the end of the thread, it looks like I came out on top.

suited

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

The fact that those people exist in the U.S. is a testament to our freedom, because they have a right to feel the way that they do. I certainly do not agree with religious fanatics, but I understand that their existence is a necessary result of a society that encourages free thought.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads