• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Mad Men Season 4

Rambo

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Jodum5
She totally grosses me out. Everything about her. The clothes, the smirk, the silly strut.
You don't like them, the lesbos?

borderline

Reaction score

otc

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by snake
taryndavidson.jpg

What lesbian girl could look like if she was hot

Vintage Gent

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Before tonight's episode commences, let me ask this: did anyone else find the Velvet Underground-esque music in the "party" scene anachronistic? The Velvets were just getting started in 1965 (and their sound was by no means coalesced at this point); clearly this scene was intended to invoke the Exploding Plastic Inevitable performances that began in 1966.

Vintage Gent

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by chronoaug
i dunno. had some vu influence i'm guessing but probably was just more trying to be the general avant garde movement. doesn't have to be 1specific thing/band

Perhaps, but the music was pretty evocative of the Velvets. And before the Velvets, there really wasn't much in the way of avant garde in rock, with the possible exception of the Fugs, and the music in last week's episode sounded nothing like the Fugs.

sonick

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Enjoyed this episode despite Betty and the Kids.

What's with the Coca Cola product placement in the partners luncheon?

The premise of 'tricking' the rival firm into doing a commercial was a bit far fetched, but was amusing and interesting. Especially Peggy riding the motorcycle in circles.

Sally masturbating was weird and awkward.

tomgirl

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by sonick
Sally masturbating was weird and awkward.

It was only "weird and awkward" because it just proved how weird and awkward (and ignorant and selfish, etc etc...) everyone in her life is. Anyway, masturbating at young ages is totally biologically normal, but we won't get into that.

The 'subtle' Japanese business men staring at Joan's goodies was great.

mkarim

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by tomgirl
The 'subtle' Japanese business men staring at Joan's goodies was great.
+1.

Flambeur

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Great episode... Probably the most interesting this season. Anybody else surprised at Roger's blowout? Considering all the humiliation he took from Lee Jr. in the other episode? +I mean we won?

I would expect him to sit back, smile at the Japs and take their money. Weird.

streetminimal

Reaction score
because he is loyal

otc

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
At first I was like
puzzled.gif
then I was like
eek.gif
and then I was like
fistbump.gif
you go girl edit: and then I realized that the other girl was in the room...but...she was sleeping

fwiffo

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The best part of the episode for me was Campbell maturing even more. Now he's even challenging Sterling's authority. Compare this to the petty things he engaged in getting rid of Rumsen and going to Cooper about Draper's past, it's real progress in his character even if he is still consistently phony at adopting Japanese customs.

Probably the second best part was discovering Faye was assuming a fake identity like Draper was. Now there's got to be something going on between them this season considering yet another female has been "terminated" from his life. Don't lose your keys again.

Pryce's comment about the 50% market share shows he's lightening up a little. I couldn't imagine him doing that counting pencils and paper back at the old Sterling Cooper.

I didn't get it at the end why they were the most charming, because they obeyed all the rules?

Interesting that the other competitor's firm is so different. Compare the style of dress from Shaw(?) and Sterling Cooper Draper Pryce; much more casual and funny, or not surprisingly, that Smitty ended up there.

embowafa

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I was really enjoying the Don Draper arch enemy guy. I hope he wasn't just a one episode thing...although, it sounds like the commercial thing really got him good.

Piobaire

Not left of center?
Reaction score
New competition guy was great. First, it showed Don can still be pretty damn devious and second, the office scene of the guy yelling at his male (gay?) assistant was very, very reminiscent of Ari Gold. I have to think that was done on purpose.

Kid playing with herself: I think key thing is it was in front of a female friend? If I caught that correctly, we've got a budding lesbian. Add in cutting the hair butchy. Makes sense, given how messed up both her parents are.

Betty. WAFM. Tone deaf, 100% self involved, delusional. I did get a chuckle out of her comment that she "mostly outgrew" playing with herself.

Old secretary. Okay, we might have a new character here. The gift box and announcing the partners after they entered were classics.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads