• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

J Crew Fall/Winter 2010 Discussion

AndyMcL

Reaction score
Sent an e-mail to Jcrew asking about the slim fit. This was what I just got back:

Hey Andy-

Our slim-fit shirts are generally 2½ inches smaller in the chest and 1¼ in. smaller in the length, waist, and armhole. Hope this helps.

Best,
Jack
So it looks like it's not an athletic fit, but really just for people who are smaller overall. I'd definitely want to try it on first as opposed to ordering online. Not sure why they charge $5 more either.

On a related note, I love that winterbrook plaid.

ctrlaltelite

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by a-rock

I thought that looked like a cool denim shirt until I realized he's wearing a Levis trucker jacket under the suit jacket! And is it just me or did the lapels get even thinner than the current Ludlow?

clearly frank's been taking some style cues from me:
24217_724343477857_15600592_40387451_8334369_n.jpg

30683_420430624713_684459713_5191201_6770727_n.jpg

ctrlaltelite

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
thanks man, no offense taken! technically you're not too far off -- he does have a smiths album in his office.

Guus

Reaction score
Originally Posted by il ciclista
i agree, i don't know how you would wear that and make it remotely cool looking.

A trip to Cuba, maybe?

CruzAzul

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Rambo
That green chambray is a god awful color.

It's for new dads. If your precious little ankle-biter pukes on it, nobody will know.

pandaface

Reaction score
I have a couple questions about taking care of clothes. I read in GQ magazine that wooden hangers are the best. I currently have some clear plastic ones are they adequate? Is it a good idea to fold your offseason clothes and put it on a shelf or can you just leave all your clothes on a hanger all year? I'm a bit worried about clothes loosing it's shape. Thanks

ahe

Reaction score
I've heard that plastic hangers are actually preferable to wooden ones for shirts because if you hang a wet shirt on a wooden hanger it has the potential to stain your shirt's shoulders.

wj4

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I also store my knits in containers. I think it helps retain the shape better, especially on the heavier knits. I also had an old cashmere sweater that was hung on a hanger for a while and when I went to look at it, it had holes on it. The lava of moths got to it.
frown.gif
I never hung another knit after that. I use plastic hangers for all of my shirts and pants. I really only use wooden hangers for thicker coats and blazers because they're thicker.

wrenhunter

Reaction score
Hit my local store tonight to pick up the Sperry Chukkas (in nubuck), which I love already like a dear friend.

For new stuff, the "heathered cotton" business is nice. I guess that's the Washed Favorite? More vintage Oxfords, which I must purchase shortly. Saw the gray covert twill and thought it was hideous. Looks like the smock my 7th grade art teacher wore. I mean the weird one.

There was a great tie that I don't see on the site. Kind of a faded tartan, tan with black & red, heavy wool.

Very nice dark wool SC that I took to be the Charcoal twill. Red Wing Wabasha boots looked awesome. And the Rugged twill messenger bag was sharp, if I didn't have the Bowery bag I'd be tempted.

Not much on sale to speak of.

il ciclista

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
my sweatshirt gets here tom. hopefully it fits. If i am 5'7 140lbs 38ish chest and 30 waist...do you think i'd wear a S or XS in their chambray? I like a slimmer profile..i hate when all the material just hangs off your back or is to wide. Any input is appreciated. Thanks!

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 81 36.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 83 37.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 23 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.9%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 16.4%

Forum statistics

Threads