• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Slim Fit Khaki's/Chino's

hamish5178

Reaction score
Originally Posted by joei
Slim fit doesnt really look that slim from the stock pics.... And $185 for a pair of tapered Dockers? You could buy a pair of the slim fits and have a tailor modify them for about $30 to get the same effect

Noone said "lol where's the slim fit".

I was merely pointing out that those were the same pants that were on the front page. Whether you like them or not is irrelevant.

And you're not paying the 185 for the slim fit, that's for the pleats
fight[1].gif

Johdus Fanfoozal

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Cool The Kid
Where can I get a pair of slim fit chinos in slate? I want something that looks like the background of this forum. J Crew?

LE Canvas.

Cool The Kid

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Johdus Fanfoozal

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Cool The Kid
Sweet thank you

Bad info. Looks like they're not offering it in F/W. They had a slate-like color in their "straight fit" in their S/S line.

JustinW

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by kgmessier
Yes, and I think the fit is quite good. I still prefer Epaulet for fit and fabric, but I liked the Milano cut.

- Keith

+ 1 but at a third the price, I have way more Milanos in my wardrobe!

Cool The Kid

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Cool The Kid

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Johdus Fanfoozal
I thought you were looking for something lighter. Those are pretty nice.
Well who knows with the photos. I will see if I can find them in person.

insomb

Reaction score
snuffdaddy: do you like them? i'm hesitant because they're dockers but they are really cheap... as for those dickies, definitely not.

hboogz

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by wannabeagiant
have you tried j crew? I have 24" thighs and a 32" waist. I sized up 1 in the waist so I'd get a little extra thigh room and had the waist taken in. I have both classics and urban slims.
I'm similarly sized and have had good luck with Jcrew's broken-in and regular fit sized down. I'm curious to try the dockers wader linked a few pages back, but as far as the BR posted earlier-- Those are huge man...there are options out there, just keep hunting.

snuff_daddy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by insomb
snuffdaddy: do you like them? i'm hesitant because they're dockers but they are really cheap... as for those dickies, definitely not.

i returned them, the material was too thick for hot ass south florida..and i like a slightly longer inseam than 30"

dockers gives u hassle free returns so if youre interested theres not too much of a risk, also urban outfitters sells them too and they are easy to order/return from as well

insomb

Reaction score
Originally Posted by snuff_daddy
i returned them, the material was too thick for hot ass south florida..and i like a slightly longer inseam than 30" dockers gives u hassle free returns so if youre interested theres not too much of a risk, also urban outfitters sells them too and they are easy to order/return from as well
i usually hem to about 30" either, and i know dockers has newer khakis now but last year i tried some of the ones that were supposed to be "newer/contemporary-whatever" and they were really unflattering on ****** and did not taper whatsoever, they actually sort of looked like wide legged or something, but i saw something about those in gq just now and the urban outfitter thingy, yeah, so maybe. oh yeah, and +1 on save khaki, i freaking love them... i just need more versatility in my khaki wardrobe. have any of you seen the new tommy hilfiger ads? they have some really nice ones on one of the models but i don't think they've released them online to purchase yet... either that or they just styled them to look nice.

Scooba

Reaction score
I was excited until I saw the Slim Dockers had a 9 inch leg opening
frown.gif

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 36.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 59 39.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 15 10.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 26 17.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 26 17.3%

Forum statistics

Threads