• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

J Crew Fall/Winter 2010 Discussion

deveandepot1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by mhpragematter
The site is terribly arranged, we all know this. All of the new flannels even have medium tall, but aren't listed in the "Tall" section.

Really?
I can only find one flannel shirt in a medium tall. Links to others?

Jr Mouse

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by mhpragematter
The site is terribly arranged, we all know this. All of the new flannels even have medium tall, but aren't listed in the "Tall" section.

I took a look and did find a couple more tall shirts in the main section which is nice to know. Having said that, the vast majority of it is still not available in extended sizing.

unrated

Reaction score
My indigo dyed shirt finally came in. Funny how I got it now even though they said it was on back order until Nov. Thanks Jcrew!

bye4now122

Reaction score

bye4now122

Reaction score
Originally Posted by edubs01
About to order this in navy
Please do. It's so warm, heavy and beautiful. If I can catch it on sale I'm thinking about picking up another to make my normal wear around the house lounging thing. It can be worn as a jacket on its own in cool fall weather or be worn under a Barbour-type jacket in heavy winter. The shawl collar feels like a warm scarf on your neck. I'm out of town and writing this is literally making me miss it. p.s. for sizing it stretches out a little bit. I'm 5'10" 190 lbs with bit of a gut and a medium is perfect on me. I'm between a medium and large in J.Crew button downs, a medium in their sweaters and a 34x30 in pants (I like no break in chinos)

JYK830

Reaction score
Originally Posted by bye4now122
Please do. It's so warm, heavy and beautiful. If I can catch it on sale I'm thinking about picking up another to make my normal wear around the house lounging thing.

It can be worn as a jacket on its own in cool fall weather or be worn under a Barbour-type jacket in heavy winter. The shawl collar feels like a warm scarf on your neck.

I'm out of town and writing this is literally making me miss it.

p.s. for sizing it stretches out a little bit. I'm 5'10" 190 lbs with bit of a gut and a medium is perfect on me. I'm between a medium and large in J.Crew button downs, a medium in their sweaters and a 34x30 in pants (I like no break in chinos)

I have one for sale from last fall. Navy. Small. Worn a few times, dried gentle low tumble to shrink it, but it is still a bit big on me. 5' 7'' 130 lbs. here. If your frame is smaller than his, and a bit on the regular joe build, PM if interested. I think it fits slim like the models on the website. (as in tiny bit below the waist line as it should)

fueledbynewjersey

Reaction score
Originally Posted by mdeep1
The new flannels that came online today are amazing. I think I want every one of them, especially the one in winterbrook plaid.

http://www.jcrew.com/mens_feature/NewArrivals.jsp

Also, has anyone noticed how J. Crew now offers a Men's slim fit option on their shirts? Supposedly they're slimmer than the tailored fit which seems very interesting.

Go into a store and try them on first. I know they look cool online but im really not feeling the flannels this season. They just look very... "cheap" looking. The fabric looks shoddy and the black buttons look like they'll chip after one wash. Jus Sayin

BrianVarick

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Lot's of great stuff in the store for fall. I am going to be wearing a lot of dark plaid shirt with ties and cardigans this fall.

steve2318

Reaction score
Does anybody know if the navy tweed blazer is available in the stores yet?

Morgan

Reaction score
+1 on the cable knit shawl collar cardigan. I bought it last fall in oatmeal and lived in it all winter. I went with the small (I'm 5'11" and 160) and it fits great, but it's definitely a chunky sweater. My wool one is very soft but the wool-cashmere blend sounds even more luxurious. This sweater and the solid tweed ludlow sportcoat are my best j.crew purchases in the last year.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 86 38.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Staff online

Forum statistics