• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Suit brands for slim men: fully canvassed/half canvassed/fused - the definitive list

bananananana

In Time Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Originally Posted by hermes man
excuse me for my english

but what i mean is for such asking price if there is no logo to indicate that i was hermes on their leather shoes

i cant even tell the differences between the the Hermes and an Emporio Armani leather shoe that cost 1/3 of the Hermes , they totally looks the same to me lol

Everything about your posts and blog screams that you're just a brand whore.

patrickBOOTH

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Thom Browne, and BoO are both fully canvassed. BoO are Greenfield suits. I was in Calvin Klein a couple of weeks ago, everthing was totally uncanvassed, not even fused. It could have just been because it was the summer collection.

TonyThe Tailor

Reaction score
Originally Posted by patrickBOOTH
Thom Browne, and BoO are both fully canvassed. BoO are Greenfield suits. I was in Calvin Klein a couple of weeks ago, everthing was totally uncanvassed, not even fused. It could have just been because it was the summer collection.

Thom Brown is made by Oxxford

Sanguis Mortuum

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by jeff13007
I think the Made in England ones are done by John Lobb. Hermes i mean not Armani.

Ah. All the more surprising that Mr Brandwhore can't tell the difference then
lol8[1].gif

Mountains

Reaction score
I was in Calvin Klein a couple of weeks ago, everthing was totally uncanvassed, not even fused. It could have just been because it was the summer collection.

Are you sure it was Calvin Klein Collection (aka his Black Label)? CK has a number of diffusion labels.

GBR

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Can there be any such thing asa definitive list? Makers do change from time to time and even change within sub-brands.

I would take it as indicative but would drop the "definitive" descriptor as utterly misleading and inexperienced.

brazboy

Reaction score
Originally Posted by TonyThe Tailor
Thom Brown is made by Oxxford

Not really. Thom Browne has his own production facility , in NY.

Sanguis Mortuum

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by brazboy
Not really. Thom Browne has his own production facility , in NY.

No. He used to have them made by some NY tailor, until he switched to using Oxxford...

lovelux2010

Reaction score
Originally Posted by GBR
Can there be any such thing asa definitive list? Makers do change from time to time and even change within sub-brands.

I would take it as indicative but would drop the "definitive" descriptor as utterly misleading and inexperienced.

well few things are truly "definitive" if you delve into them deep enough. as far as editing the title, perhaps a mod could do that - i cant.

give me subrands and the info i'm after, and it will get added to the list. my aim is to take info from people who have suits that are relatively new, say within the past 2-3 seasons..

if you feel this thread is inaccurate, why dont you let me know what needs to be changed?

i put the disclaimer in the original post "lease note - prices are approximate and information based on reading the thread may or may not be accurate. I hope members of SF can help add to the list and make necessary changes. Many of us visit shops and view suits first hand to view construction, while some of you have “insider” knowledge, and some of us can gather information by looking at the label finder/secrets thread.."

if you are capable of better, go for it - all i want is to know who makes the suits i see online and if they are fully canvassed or half etc so i can make an educated purchase decision.

lovelux2010

Reaction score
all changes added. still tons of subbrands and canvassing questions unanswered..but thanks for everyone whos helped out.

patrickBOOTH

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Mountains
Are you sure it was Calvin Klein Collection (aka his Black Label)? CK has a number of diffusion labels.

I felt every style of suit at the store on Madison Ave. They all had a lot of shoulder padding and just the outter layer of fabric and the lining, or unlined. I didn't find any evidence of fused interfacing based on touch alone. Just thin, single layer of fabric.

lovelux2010

Reaction score
I felt every style of suit at the store on Madison Ave. They all had a lot of shoulder padding and just the outter layer of fabric and the lining, or unlined. I didn't find any evidence of fused interfacing based on touch alone. Just thin, single layer of fabric.

let me add to the post "madison avenue suits are rubbish". that should be helpful to everyone.

Captain Winky

Reaction score
To clarify on Zegna, the Roma is boxier while the Milano is a very slim fit. The Milano also tends to fit an inch or two shorter (I wear a L in this and an R in Roma, which also requires substantially more tailoring).

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 86 38.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Forum statistics

Threads