• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

J Crew Fall/Winter 2010 Discussion

TryHard

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Thrift Pirate
quick question..i just bought a XS in the sunbleached sweatshirt..i was wondering how they fit..it says on the sizing the measurements..but i didn't know if it ran large etc..i have tried on jcrew stuff before and it was kind of big...my chest measures around 37-38 waist is 30, but i do like a slimmer fit. What do you guys think, should i have went with the small?

No, you probably sized correctly. I have a similar sweater in small and it feels more like a medium.

In regards to the vintage marled, I bought one in small. It looks a size larger (had to shrink it down in the dryer). Material wise the sweater is very meh. Pretty thin and loses its shape in the neck way too easily. Do not buy or wait for sale.

il ciclista

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by TryHard
No, you probably sized correctly. I have a similar sweater in small and it feels more like a medium.

In regards to the vintage marled, I bought one in small. It looks a size larger (had to shrink it down in the dryer). Material wise the sweater is very meh. Pretty thin and loses its shape in the neck way too easily. Do not buy or wait for sale.

Awesome, thanks for the advice!
fing02[1].gif

eightdouble

Reaction score
really liking the 484 slim fit cords. i picked up a dark slate pair on a whim and have been liking the fit so much i'll probably grab another color.

bargecharge

Reaction score
^^
Did you go true to waist size for the 484's? I've found I have to go down a size form my usual for J Crew chinos. Thanks -

gasoline

Reaction score
I picked up the grey XS about a month ago, saw the red on sale so I snagged it in XS as well. The red is about a size smaller than the grey although they are both marked XS so now it's my GF's sweater. Maybe an anomaly but I'd try them on first.

Originally Posted by Thrift Pirate
quick question..i just bought a XS in the sunbleached sweatshirt..i was wondering how they fit..it says on the sizing the measurements..but i didn't know if it ran large etc..i have tried on jcrew stuff before and it was kind of big...my chest measures around 37-38 waist is 30, but i do like a slimmer fit. What do you guys think, should i have went with the small?

eightdouble

Reaction score
Originally Posted by bargecharge
^^
Did you go true to waist size for the 484's? I've found I have to go down a size form my usual for J Crew chinos. Thanks -

yeah. exactly this. i wear a 32 in most every pant i own, however j crew chinos i most comfortably wear a 33. the 484 cords sized out at my usual 32.

hobo_ken

Reaction score
Originally Posted by gasoline
I picked up the grey XS about a month ago, saw the red on sale so I snagged it in XS as well. The red is about a size smaller than the grey although they are both marked XS so now it's my GF's sweater. Maybe an anomaly but I'd try them on first.

Those were my findings as well, however I saw a grey XS on sale the other day and tried it on, and surprisingly, it fit just as well as the red.
confused.gif

NorCal_1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
what's maddening is that they continue to list the $128 grey chambray as "New Arrivals" even though they essentially sold out of it last week (only XS left)

I contacted them and they said no more were being made, which is ridiculous given how quickly it sold out after being launched (!) and they control their own factories in China

was never sure why it was worth a $28/shirt premium over their regular $98 chambray either

if any of you have pictures wearing it, I'd love to see what it looks like in real life

wannabeagiant

Reaction score
Has anyone seen in store if they're doing the millerain oilcloth field jacket in black again this year (only brown online so far)?

Johdus Fanfoozal

Reaction score
Originally Posted by wannabeagiant
Has anyone seen in store if they're doing the millerain oilcloth field jacket in black again this year (only brown online so far)?

I believe only carob (brown) since they have the other heavier millerain jacket in black. Check out ebay. Should be plenty of nwt black millerain jackets there for $150 or so.

mdeep1

Reaction score
The new flannels that came online today are amazing. I think I want every one of them, especially the one in winterbrook plaid. http://www.jcrew.com/mens_feature/NewArrivals.jsp Also, has anyone noticed how J. Crew now offers a Men's slim fit option on their shirts? Supposedly they're slimmer than the tailored fit which seems very interesting.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Staff online

Forum statistics