• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

sockpuppets

Reaction score
Originally Posted by GreatHighway
yes they are. i walked as much as i could today ive looked through your online store more than once. i like a lot of it but i wear an 11E. hawaiian stompers, ranger shoe just to name a couple i like. the make-ups are very appealing. oh and the blue suede boots. man.
I'm 11E as well yet all my Aldens are D. As long as I go true to size they work out, albeit sometimes a little long in the toe. Did Peter PM you? He's like us but apparently trying to size down. I'm curious if he'll make it work, particularly because it's a shell Indy he's buying. Edit: Are you 11E in aldens, already sized down from something otherwise larger?

LeatherSOUL

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I have a couple of 11Es lying around I think...I have to check at the shop tomorrow. I know for a fact I have a pair of 11E Hawaiian Stompers...

GreatHighway

Reaction score
Originally Posted by LeatherSOUL
I have a couple of 11Es lying around I think...I have to check at the shop tomorrow. I know for a fact I have a pair of 11E Hawaiian Stompers...
i saw and edited my last post lol but not before emailing about a saddle shoe pre-order. and yeah, peter messaged me about sizing. my first Alden was the indy boot in 11D, so trubalance last. then came a barrie last boot also in 11D. both mail order. the barrie boot, #8, took a little wearing in. nothing more than a walk around the block. the indy boot is niiiiice. then came cigar longwings. i purchased these and the next couple in store. they are 11E, barrie last. and i wouldnt say theyre too much different than the #8 boot. i also have handsewn moccasins in #8 11E, van last. slimmer fit. and last are the ravello chukkas 11E, barrie. these feel the most roomy. the edit button is doing work tonight!

sockpuppets

Reaction score
Yeah I'm officially jealous of Tom's collection.
inlove.gif

GreatHighway

Reaction score
Originally Posted by sockpuppets
Gene, are you normally an 11E in other shoes as well?
ah sorry. up until recently i really didnt care about width. i knew i was an 11E because ive been measured by my friend who works at a shoe store here in San Francisco (On The Run, 9th Ave.) maybe like a decade ago, but i just took what i could get in 11. if it was too narrow id go 11.5, which only happened with a pair of vans. i dont mind the extra room in front of my toe with the indys

Ahab

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The personal attacks should just stop here.

No it's not. You must be copy and pasting from your other open windows. Best just to zip up from your circlejerk with Jet before you wind up posting the sexts from your dad, too.

This thread would be fine if people just let things die. Jet and ahab seem to feel the need to attack at every opportunity and add nothing to the value of the discussion- I am at least attempting to do so.

Want to chat about Aldens? Then back off with the personal attacks. I'm not the one that starts them.

I am happy to leave it all alone, right here, right now. We can agree to disagree and move on. It's entirely up to them.

Yeah, productively whining and now you are even complaining about how the colors show up on your monitor. The thread is what you guys made it.

Mattman

Reaction score
Hello, I am curious about the general sizing in Alden shoes. While I realize that the sizing is different between styles and lasts, my question is how Alden compares with AA? Thanks.

saracen

Reaction score
Originally Posted by bbhewee
Did a search and couldn't find this discussed anywhere else.

Has anyone seen the Alden SMUs for MuseumArks?

http://www.arknets.co.jp/modules/ark...d=223&cid=1045

Some of these are really nice, though completely useless to anyone bigger than a 9.

some of those PTBs have a strange last. Very round toe'ish. I actually really like those. Hopefully Alden will release something similar here in the US (in larger sizes).

LynahFaithful

Reaction score
Wow Tom. I hope this will finally get the thread back on track. The cigar Indy's are the cats meow. Love them.

bbhewee

Reaction score
Originally Posted by saracen
some of those PTBs have a strange last. Very round toe'ish. I actually really like those. Hopefully Alden will release something similar here in the US (in larger sizes).

Indeed. Looks to me like these are on the Modified last, although someone more knowledgeable will surely confirm this...

53511-blk-b-8.jpg

wj4

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Quick q, how do these chromoexcel wing tip boots fit compare to Indy's? To me, the toe box on the Indy's appear to be wider. But again, this is just from looking at pictures with no actual confirmation. Thanks in advance!
ykOmI.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 36.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 59 39.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 15 10.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 26 17.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 26 17.3%

Forum statistics

Threads