• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Watch Appreciation Thread (Reviews and Photos of Men's Timepieces by Rolex, Patek Philippe, Brei

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheWraith

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by rohde88
One leather wrap, OK, One bead, OK. One bracelet + watch, OK. But the sheer combination of all three on one wrist is too much for my prescriptive fashion style.
And the thing is, just about everyone here who wears the above seems to consistently wear all three. Just looks silly to me.

Sxhawnn

Reaction score
Originally Posted by TheWraith
And the thing is, just about everyone here who wears the above seems to consistently wear all three. Just looks silly to me.

+1

MalfordOfLondon

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Getting the radiomir out for a glorious English summer day (heavy rain and overcast)...
CIMG0628.jpg
Edit: sorry about the hairy hand. I'm due for a waxing....
wink.gif

Ianiceman

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Originally Posted by VeloTime
Your douche levels are high. What do you have against bracelets?

I'm not fully sure what the definition of 'douche' is in this context, nor what constitutes "douche levels" but I feel safe in the belief that cluttering up your wrists with a load of cheap looking overstated crap is more the mark of a douche than a non-douche.

ryoneo

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by aragon765
Nice Seiko's! ManofKent, do you know what the source/model number of your watch is? I really like the style of that one, and have had good luck with Seiko 5's already....

Cheers!

Originally Posted by ManofKent
I'd never have described myself as a big watch guy but I think I'm catching the bug. Seiko 5's seem a great place to start.

Thanks - SNK381 I think - from goldfish? on ebay - seems a good seller.

I like the industrial styling - different.

Yea you have a really nice one, and the price is just fantastic. I got mine for $65 at overstock.com. They are dirt cheap there and even selling some for $50! I was thinking of getting maybe one or two more before the year is over.

Rambo

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
I've got one of the Asian military style Seiko 5's. Fantastic watch. Beat the **** out of it for a few years now and its still going strong with only 1 real scratch on it. Got some nylon straps to use with it and I was set.

robinsongreen68

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Late to the party.

My first automatic (present from my wife). Temporary black strap until I find something nicer. Any feedback on Hirsch?

seiko5_1.jpg

seiko5_2.jpg

Minor problem with getting this watch. I've now ordered another Seiko, a couple of NOS manual wind watches and am very tempted by a s/h Titoni... Is this more addictive than shoes?
eh.gif
blush.gif

really nice, has a bit of a rolex explorer/military classic look.
try a hirsch sheep, thats what i wear my explorer on.

jhcam8

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by StephenStyle
Getting the radiomir out for a glorious English summer day (heavy rain and overcast)...

CIMG0628.jpg

Edit: sorry about the hairy hand. I'm due for a waxing....
wink.gif

Sweet - the Radiomir's have a cool (nifty, rugged, macho-indo) look (sorry, decriptives aren't coming to me this a.m.) which I like in contrast to the regular PAM. Is that the 42mm?

ManofKent

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by robinsongreen68
really nice, has a bit of a rolex explorer/military classic look.
try a hirsch sheep, thats what i wear my explorer on.

Thanks - I'll take a look.

Bandit44

Reaction score
Originally Posted by BigPoppa
Is the Lume on this as crazy as it looks in the pictures I've seen.

The lume is very strong. About a month ago, a lady sitting behind me in a movie theater ask me to turn off my cell phone. I told her it was the glow from my watch and there was nothing I could do about it.
lol8[1].gif

DSC04966.jpg

California Dreamer

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Bandit44
The lume is very strong. About a month ago, a lady sitting behind me in a movie theater ask me to turn off my cell phone. I told her it was the glow from my watch and there was nothing I could do about it.
lol8[1].gif

You could always put in in your pocket for a couple of hours.

Sorry, but people flashing lights in blacked-out cinemas is one of my pet hates.

Sterling Gillette

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Late to the party.

My first automatic (present from my wife). Temporary black strap until I find something nicer. Any feedback on Hirsch?

seiko5_1.jpg

seiko5_2.jpg

Minor problem with getting this watch. I've now ordered another Seiko, a couple of NOS manual wind watches and am very tempted by a s/h Titoni... Is this more addictive than shoes?
eh.gif
blush.gif

Very nice, enjoy your gift! Hirsch makes some really nice bands (sheep, shrunk calf), Kaufmann is good too, especially their croc. I, personally, would wear a cordovan band with this watch, though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 35.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 61 38.9%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 10.8%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 27 17.2%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 29 18.5%

Forum statistics

Threads