• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The WAYWT Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

tonio028

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I know, same boring s**t, but figured I'd keep the pics coming.

100_4060.jpg

- Ervell
- Hickey
- Grenson

GraphicNovelty

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by snake
That's one of the things I've noticed as well. It instantly makes the fit look very dated. Just need to freshen up that color palette a bit.
I'm actually in the processes of moving away from brown/blue to more black/green (just dropped my Black 501's STF's at the tailor to get tapered). I actually have a question, though: Theoretically, would the brown boots work with a primarily black/dark green pallet? I actually own a (relatively) large amount of clothing in both of those colors and am looking at focusing on expanding along those lines (because I rather like those colors) but would also like to keep wearing the new boots. I suppose I could just post a fit once i get the jeans back from the tailor.

themselves

Reaction score
Originally Posted by raags
0PsKk.jpg

Nudie Jeans

if you've been born with what is basically a short, stocky body type, I don't get why you would wear strongly tapered jeans, which is only going to make you look shorter, and stockier. Just a thought.

A Fellow Linguist

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by GraphicNovelty
I'm actually in the processes of moving away from brown/blue to more black/green (just dropped my Black 501's STF's at the tailor to get tapered). I actually have a question, though: Theoretically, would the brown boots work with a primarily black/dark green pallet? I actually own a (relatively) large amount of clothing in both of those colors and am looking at focusing on expanding along those lines (because I rather like those colors) but would also like to keep wearing the new boots.

I suppose I could just post a fit once i get the jeans back from the tailor.

Can you only do two colors at a time or something?

Wupper

Reaction score
^^ Yep, I think the jeans are too tight for your body type.

The jacket is nice!

GraphicNovelty

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by A Fellow Linguist
Can you only do two colors at a time or something?
Well, I figured there was an implicit "white/gray" in there (and now brown, as I used my photoshop skillz to determine that black jeans + brown boots actually looks pretty decent) but I really want to focus on expanding my wardrobe in certain color-directions to give me, well, direction in my buying habits.
biggrin.gif

mattt

Reaction score
Originally Posted by GraphicNovelty
Well, I figured there was an implicit "white/gray" in there (and now brown, as I used my photoshop skillz to determine that black jeans + brown boots actually looks pretty decent) but I really want to focus on expanding my wardrobe in certain color-directions to give me, well, direction in my buying habits.
biggrin.gif

well you've posted a lot of dark green/black/brown/blue jean fits and honestly i think you should move in a different direction color wise. i think the green looks awful, personally.

GraphicNovelty

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'm thinking more olive than forest--I suppose dark is misleading. I mostly meant just not bright greens.

But I'm planning on going to H&M sometime soon and stocking up on a more varied BD's

A Fellow Linguist

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Black jeans and brown boots look great if done correctly:
http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_5HpUXLigip...shion-Blog.jpg

Black and dark green palette does not sound pleasant.

The trick is to be really attractive. GN, it looks like you take styling tips from a five year old Gap catalog. That's fine if you look like a model. Anything is fine if you look like a model. Unfortunately, most of us, including you, don't.

PaulYAY

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by themselves
if you've been born with what is basically a short, stocky body type, I don't get why you would wear strongly tapered jeans, which is only going to make you look shorter, and stockier. Just a thought.

I disagree. He's going to look short and stocky no matter what. Might as well wear some nicely tapered jeans. If he was obese, that would be a different matter.

DLester

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Black jeans and brown boots look great if done correctly
I agree. I believe it gets a bad rap because people often do it wrong. I prefer it with darker brown boots. The pic at your link looks good. I suspect that someone will not like it because shoes are brown and jacket is black.

jet

Persian Bro
Reaction score
I don't follow any rules but black and brown don't really look that great together no matter what.

aeglus

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by jet
I don't follow any rules but black and brown don't really look that great together no matter what.

Pretty much this but if it's really dark brown (like chocolate brown) it's not too bad.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 86 38.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Forum statistics

Threads