• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

A. Testoni Shoes on Gilt

magogian12345

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Most are selling around $200. Are these shoes a good deal at this price? Most of my current shoes are AE/Alden/Peal. Are these a step up? Or are you just paying more because they are Italian.

Also, how do people find the fit?

Thanks

yarnsforth

Reaction score
I bought the suede loafers in 9.5 the last time they were on sale at Gilt, and like them. I'm around a 10.75 and they fit well. IMO a good deal for $148; nice finish and comfortable.

magogian12345

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the info. Gilt says the shoes run a full size large. So, 12 = 13. Weird, I guess.

mishon

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Nothing special about Testoni - middle of the road Italian leather goods maker - unless you come across the Amadeo line (soles stamped with feather image).

teddieriley

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
These may be UK sized and GILT is doing the conversion to US sizing. The shoes you received may be marked one size smaller.

OttoSkadelig

Reaction score
Originally Posted by magogian12345
Most are selling around $200. Are these shoes a good deal at this price? Most of my current shoes are AE/Alden/Peal. Are these a step up? Or are you just paying more because they are Italian.

Also, how do people find the fit?

Thanks

the $500-ish MRP and lower shoes are solid but unspectacular; the higher-end lines are superb, but priced to match...

teddieriley

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by sho'nuff
they listed it as US sizes on gilt right now.

also , from my experience, a testoni dress shoes run slightly small/tight.

you were quick on the quoting.

lmaozedong

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
One thing you NEED to look out for are the ones that are labeled A. Testoni Basics--I ordered a couple pairs of these and they are made in Morocco I believe, really bad quality. Leather felt plasticky like a $200 retail shoe, not a $500 shoe. Since Testoni goes on Gilt so often and I've never seen this "Basic" line before, I'm assuming it's a made for Gilt "special" product. Either way, FWIW, I returned both pairs of calfskin oxfords that I boguht. I'd be wary of the Gilt Testoni sales, especially looking out for the origin on the item description. I suspect the Italian ones are the ones that everyone is familiar with, and the imported ones are all "Basics"

OttoSkadelig

Reaction score
Originally Posted by lmaozedong
One thing you NEED to look out for are the ones that are labeled A. Testoni Basics--I ordered a couple pairs of these and they are made in Morocco I believe, really bad quality. Leather felt plasticky like a $200 retail shoe, not a $500 shoe. Since Testoni goes on Gilt so often and I've never seen this "Basic" line before, I'm assuming it's a made for Gilt "special" product. Either way, FWIW, I returned both pairs of calfskin oxfords that I boguht. I'd be wary of the Gilt Testoni sales, especially looking out for the origin on the item description. I suspect the Italian ones are the ones that everyone is familiar with, and the imported ones are all "Basics"

i wish luxury brands would not do this -- for their own sake.

soon everyone will be going the pierre cardin route.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.6%

Forum statistics

Threads