• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Watch Appreciation Thread (Reviews and Photos of Men's Timepieces by Rolex, Patek Philippe, Brei

Status
Not open for further replies.

bbhewee

Reaction score
What year is that 5513? And 1675
inlove.gif

KtownGreg

Reaction score

spertia

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Phat Guido
SS OysterDate from 1969, never polished or retouched +box & papers

Isn't that Rolex a good bit smaller in diameter than the watches you've worn in the past?

ManofKent

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Bandit44
I have a few.

IMG_0127.jpg

Nice.

Phat Guido;3507789- SS OysterDate from 1969 said:
Looks good - I like these older ones.
Originally Posted by KtownGreg
It's been a while....how about a little Rolex love?
untitled201008113246.jpg

DJ

This would be my pick of the bunch.

ManofKent

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Late to the party.

My first automatic (present from my wife). Temporary black strap until I find something nicer. Any feedback on Hirsch?

seiko5_1.jpg

seiko5_2.jpg

Minor problem with getting this watch. I've now ordered another Seiko, a couple of NOS manual wind watches and am very tempted by a s/h Titoni... Is this more addictive than shoes?
eh.gif
blush.gif

ryoneo

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
^ Nice. Not a big watch guy, so I'm giving this one a try. Just got it in the mail today.

img0008x.jpg

jhcam8

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by NonServiam
I can confirm that there are. Unfortunately. Pretty good ones, so be careful. Always buy the seller etc ...

But, we're here for the p0rn right? I enjoy the AD purchasing experience, but I can't afford to do it too often. So I have my own AD display at home. Picking one out for the day is a pleasure
laugh.gif

Klokkebilder399.jpg

Nice shot - did someone already ask you what's the vintage on your Subs?

aragon765

Reaction score
Originally Posted by ManofKent
Late to the party.

My first automatic (present from my wife). Temporary black strap until I find something nicer. Any feedback on Hirsch?

http://i449.photobucket.com/albums/qq213/manofkent_2008/seiko5_1.jpg/IMG]

[IMG]http://i449.photobucket.com/albums/qq213/manofkent_2008/seiko5_2.jpg/IMG]

Minor problem with getting this watch. I've now ordered another Seiko, a couple of NOS manual wind watches and am very tempted by a s/h Titoni... Is this more addictive than shoes? [IMG]https://www.styleforum.net/images/smilies/eh.gif
blush.gif

Originally Posted by ryoneo
^ Nice. Not a big watch guy, so I'm giving this one a try. Just got it in the mail today.

http://img340.imageshack.us/img340/3233/img0008x.jpg/IMG][/I]

Nice Seiko's! ManofKent, do you know what the source/model number of your watch is? I really like the style of that one, and have had good luck with Seiko 5's already....

NonServiam

Reaction score
Originally Posted by jhcam8
Nice shot - did someone already ask you what's the vintage on your Subs?
Thank you! The 5513 is 69/70. The Tudor Sub on NATO is a 79090, mid 80s. All the others are modern sapphire I'm afraid. 5513:
Klokkebilder309.jpg
79090:
Klokkebilder031.jpg
Today is Omega-day. SM300, this one is a modern build of NOS/vintage/modern orginal Omega replacement parts by WatchCo. Nothing for the purists, but I love it
smile.gif
I know mesh is not everyone's cup of tea, but the sturdy Omega sharkmesh suits this one I think. Beyond comfortable, anyway.
Klokkebilder431.jpg

spertia

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Here is one that you don't see everyday. It's a first-generation Ventura V-matic Chronograph.

DSC00029.jpg

DSC00028.jpg

DSC00007.jpg

VeloTime

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Ianiceman
Decent looking sleeve/cuff/watch combo ruined by rank schmutter pointlessly wrapped round your wrist. Time to put away childish things.

Your douche levels are high. What do you have against bracelets?

zippyh

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Originally Posted by NonServiam

Today is Omega-day. SM300, this one is a modern build of NOS/vintage/modern orginal Omega replacement parts by WatchCo. Nothing for the purists, but I love it
smile.gif
I know mesh is not everyone's cup of tea, but the sturdy Omega sharkmesh suits this one I think. Beyond comfortable, anyway.

Klokkebilder431.jpg

I really like that mesh bracelet.

ManofKent

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by ryoneo
I'd never have described myself as a big watch guy but I think I'm catching the bug. Seiko 5's seem a great place to start.

Originally Posted by aragon765
Nice Seiko's! ManofKent, do you know what the source/model number of your watch is? I really like the style of that one, and have had good luck with Seiko 5's already....

Thanks - SNK381 I think - from goldfish? on ebay - seems a good seller.

Originally Posted by spertia
Here is one that you don't see everyday. It's a first-generation Ventura V-matic Chronograph.
DSC00007.jpg

I like the industrial styling - different.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads