• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

I am looking for a specific winter jacket.

Synapse

Reaction score
Hello, community of styleforum.net!

Please, read the link just below and the bottom point if you are lazy reader!

I don't really have much to do with fashion or any of these things, as I am not interested in being up to date nor do I have the money to succeed in that.

However! A certain jacket has come into my mind which I would really love to have, if such does even exist. ( I think it's bit too inconventional to actually even exist for most people! )

So, let me give you some info about what I exactly mean. The base is here: http://www.geekologie.com/2007/05/smoking_jacket.php

Not looking for a jacket to smoke with and impress others by saying " look, I'm smoking and this is what happens to my lungs! ", but rather the neck area is what I am interested at. It's wide and open! But, I am looking for a taller, perhaps more wide and more open one. Hoodies somehow look like that from front view (only not being tall enough), but they are more sloppy and I hate how they look from behind (as the hood is just hanging there).

So, I guess this might be something which japanese are interested at, I think I've seen in the past a similar jacket on some Japanese guy/gal, but I can't remember where. I know that in Naruto, Akatsuki group coats are similar from neck, but I don't like any coats except grey coats that are really detailed and remind you of Soviet army back in the cold war.

For tl;dr:
A jacket that has an open and wide neck part which could actually cover you up to your mouth (revealing nose and anything above), material does not matter, nor the price, as I want to know if such exists. Also, the neck part should be probably made out of some stiff material to keep it from falling constantly. And, this is probably something that japanese would design, but I have no idea where to look for it. ( Some small attempts have been made, but without success ) Oh and brand does not matter!

And for anyone who thinks that this is not fashion and especially not convenient; I will tell you that those are the two least things I am interested of. I just want something unique that I like, I am not that much of a social person who goes to every party in town, but I want to express myself simply in matter of clothing.

Thank you for advance!
smile.gif

Ps: I live in Finland, so I would prefer always more a store (or whatever!) that is the most closest one to where I live, as ordering from other countries is not what I have yet done. But if nothing else turns up, I can still order from other countries! But I do not know any other language than russian, english and finnish.

hobojones

Reaction score
Your tl;dr is like the same length as the non-tl;dr.

Synapse

Reaction score
Originally Posted by hobojones
Your tl;dr is like the same length as the non-tl;dr.

But contains all the essential information still. And anyway, I'm one of the worst posters you would ever see in life. When it comes to literacy, my skills are on the level of those not educated. Only difference is; I know the letters. And perhaps, couple not-everyday words.

So now this cleared up, I'd hope next reply won't comment on my poor literacy skills =)

Synapse

Reaction score
That is perfect jacket! I love the fur also, not sure if it's that long, but long enough for sure.

Just one thing, I'm bit confused with the price. If it's really 900~euros as some calculator says it is, I can't afford that currently. ( However, in (near?) future, I guess that would be a must for me. )

Makeshift_Robot

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Just search for "funnel neck" online, that's what you're looking for.

Synapse

Reaction score
That does look quite what I would be looking for, only problem being that the frontal area is not really covered. ( However, that would be quite acceptable. I think that could be rather more casual wear on those cold nights out in the summer! )

And as for funnel neck, THANK YOU SO MUCH. It seems that most are designed for woman (which came as no surprise, I heard that was stylish in woman circles back in the 70's and 80's? )

However, I have found some stuff out in the online with those words and at quite affordable prices. Not exactly the same as for what I am looking for, but I think that is something that would be done as custom work rather. But for now, I am going to get something at affordable prices for me currently!

Thank you very much for your help guys! (and gals?) :]

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads