• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

jet

Persian Bro
Reaction score
Thanks Tom, maybe now our new alden thread poster as of the last month aka sockpuppets can stfu already.

makewayhomer

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by LeatherSOUL
peepwall[1].gif

**** happens. I try to clean up as much as I can on my end. If I can't, I try to help my customers get it fixed. I would hope retailers that SF people buy from do the same. Alden is really old school. Sometimes it works for the better, other times it hurts them. Regardless, they really are a great company and I hope those who have bad experiences let their retailers try to rectify them before writing them off.

and btw, I meant that as compliment to you. you are super in touch with your customers which is a credit to you, it goes a long ways.

eightdouble

Reaction score
tom. i recently contacted takuya about the availability of the black ranger shoe in my size (which is an 11). it's not available but he mentioned that since these were a fairly rapid seller that a pre-order may be in the cards for these. this is good news, but based on your experience how far into the future might something like that lay? thanks!

LeatherSOUL

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by eightdouble
tom. i recently contacted takuya about the availability of the black ranger shoe in my size (which is an 11). it's not available but he mentioned that since these were a fairly rapid seller that a pre-order may be in the cards for these. this is good news, but based on your experience how far into the future might something like that lay? thanks!

Good news? I dunno. I ordered those in November and only got them recently so... Sorry, but even if I did reorder it would be over 9 months (handsewing is involved).

I do have a true ranger shoe coming (with the stitching along the side), only in #8 though. You can preorder a pair of 11Ds if you're interested.

sockpuppets

Reaction score
Originally Posted by jet
Thanks Tom, maybe now our new alden thread poster as of the last month aka sockpuppets can stfu already.
a) I don't see where I contradicted anything Tom said. b) go back to sucking on the bag of dicks you apparently gnaw on as you troll here. If you want to play this fuckface attitude I can keep up. I bought a pair of shoes from Tom last week amongst others, I have every right to explore what it means to buy and own Aldens and a little school girl like you isn't going to tell me otherwise. Stop kissing Tom's ass and unless you're actually contributing stop pretending you're some kind of authority.

zinman74

Reaction score
slide13;3509533 said:
to help get it back on track here is a picture of my Roy boots I picked up at Context a couple weeks ago. These are the most well constructed Aldens I have laid hand on, absolutely superb and the leather is just gorgeous. Now, these are showing some decent wear already because they have officially become my "beater" boots. They are so comfy I wore them for the first week straight pretty much because I was doing a trade show at work and on my feet for many many hours each day. By far the most comfortable footwear I own.

Sweet Roy's, very nice. I wonder if they are available in black anywhere.

eightdouble

Reaction score
Good news? I dunno. I ordered those in November and only got them recently so... Sorry, but even if I did reorder it would be over 9 months (handsewing is involved).

yeah, he told me about the #8's. i really want black, but i'm patient. if somebody flakes on an order...let me know.

LeatherSOUL

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by sockpuppets
Stop kissing Tom's ass and unless you're actually contributing stop pretending you're some kind of authority.

Trust me, Jet don't kiss ******! He's a pain **********...ha ha!
laugh.gif

Why don't we all just stop bickering and someone please start a new thread, "The Official Alden HATE Thread." I know there are a lot of haters and AE fans who would love to post.

sockpuppets

Reaction score
Trust me, Jet don't kiss ******! He's a pain **********...ha ha!
laugh.gif
Why don't we all just stop bickering and someone please start a new thread, "The Official Alden HATE Thread." I know there are a lot of haters and AE fans who would love to post.

You should just start a hate thread, where Jet can wallow and hate on everything that isn't Jet. That would probably be more effective. I love my Aldens so far. The Chromexcel Plaza Wingtip Boots are fantastic, I just can't decide if Obenauf'ing them is a wise idea.

Thor

Reaction score
Originally Posted by GreatHighway
you must not know your own power. i mean cmon, you ARE Thor, the norse god of thunder
worship2.gif
tongue.gif

right...shouldla known better- I will go easy on the hammer next time. Odin is laughing.

Speaking of retailers- I also got some -oh-so terribly-shouldn't have-spur of the moment- Plaza CXL Wingtips from LSBH- Bryan was most helpful- probably too helpful as I really shouldn't have been buying them- ( I did the whole- "oh I will just see if they fit" routine) and was super easy to work with- coordinated with w/Hawaii and made it all happen nicely.

I really dig them... haven't worn them that much because I have been wearing the Indys but I think they may even be a replacement for my Ravello WT boot from ShoeMart...call me crazy. I like darker Browns and for the $$ they seem like a great value...Yoda would agree.

PS- love Tom's emoticon dude hiding behind the flame wall....

LeatherSOUL

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I love my Aldens so far. The Chromexcel Plaza Wingtip Boots are fantastic, I just can't decide if Obenauf'ing them is a wise idea.

Try neatsfoot oil or even Saphir Rennovateur.

jet

Persian Bro
Reaction score
70uOm.jpg

Technically your mom's already married, so it's more of a tryst.

Cat Fight!

986 is van last - 1/4 to 1/2 size larger than regular U.S. size.

Ahab, while you have valid points it's all discredited by your apparent need to berate someone with an opinion contrary to your own. It just makes you come off as childish.

The personal attacks should just stop here.

Opinions are like sockpuppets, everyone has one?

Oh look its still going. How wonderful.

The guy tries to put an end to it and you continue to take jabs at him. This isn't your forum ahab, it belongs to everyone. Stop being a legend in your own mind and leave it alone or take it to ******* PM, the only person listening to you at this point is YOU.

A discussion about the quality control of Alden shoes in a thread titled "The official Alden thread" is more appropriate than the discussion and insults you guys have been flinging about said discussion. Having just dropped a few grand on Alden shoes I, for one, welcome it.

Seriously, let it ******* die already. You're beating a shell cordovan horse.

a) I don't see where I contradicted anything Tom said.
b) go back to sucking on the bag of dicks you apparently gnaw on as you troll here. If you want to play this fuckface attitude I can keep up.

I bought a pair of shoes from Tom last week amongst others, I have every right to explore what it means to buy and own Aldens and a little school girl like you isn't going to tell me otherwise.

Stop kissing Tom's ass and unless you're actually contributing stop pretending you're some kind of authority.

You should just start a hate thread, where Jet can wallow and hate on everything that isn't Jet. That would probably be more effective.

I love my Aldens so far. The Chromexcel Plaza Wingtip Boots are fantastic, I just can't decide if Obenauf'ing them is a wise idea.

Hey dick for brains get the **** outta my thread.

sockpuppets

Reaction score
Originally Posted by jet
Hey dick for brains get the **** outta my thread.
Not a chance, princess. I look forward to a long, mutually annoying existence with you. Nice cherry pick, leave out the useful posts. I'd do the same to you, but really, if Tom's calling you a pain ********** then apparently I'm the last to realize it.

zippyh

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Let's get back on track...
cordovans.jpg

image002ze.jpg

image001xr.jpg

image008ng.jpg

image005t.jpg

image005bq.jpg

image001yyr.jpg

indy007.jpg

indy001.jpg

tanlow2.jpg

tanlow.jpg

scotchcaptop.jpg

scotchcap2.jpg

scotchcap.jpg

blackcap.jpg

nstboots.jpg

newlongs.jpg

newlongwings.jpg

suedechukkas.jpg

longwings.jpg

whiskyindy.jpg

cordoindys.jpg

allindylc5.jpg

suedindymkr8.jpg

burgcordindymua6.jpg

blackcordindymlh6.jpg

newshoescr0.jpg

wj4

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
zippyh- Awesome collection!

Looking at your pictures made me ponder...why so many pairs of shoe trees? From what I've been told, you only need to pop the shoe trees into the shoes after you wear them to maintain the shape. Unless you just want to keep the trees in the shoes so you don't need to use one set on multiple pairs?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 36.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 59 39.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 16 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 26 17.2%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 26 17.2%

Staff online

Forum statistics