• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Random fashion thoughts

Status
Not open for further replies.

*Tee*

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by hendrix
what's your height and weight?
Around 5'10" @ 163lbs ( This isn't much expressive, though. ) Btw, I'd need a size 50 in the Alessandrini coat I'm selling if I want to wear a thick sweater under it, or an 48 if I go with nothing but a shirt...

macuser3of5

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
yeah 46 haha. It's my true size. or at least it has been. My chest is probably about a 48, but most jackets give a bit of leeway there. all my other measurements are pretty stock 46. i don't have massive arms or anything. I think i'll return it and get the Marc Jacobs one i was looking at in the same size: *pic* lower buttoning point, and it looks a bit fuller cut.
marc jacobs isn't full cut at all, unless the specific garment is oversized (which is rare and easy to spot). That's probably just a 54 hanging on a 48 mannequin or something. For reference, my MJ blazers (4 of them, all size 46) are about 17" s2s & 19" p2p. Slim sleeves but not ridiculous.

Binker

Reaction score
hendrix, youre a 48. im probably bigger than you (5'10 180), but im not that much bigger than you and were pretty similar body types, and im closer to a 50 than I am to a 46.

Binker

Reaction score
well, maybe i am way bigger than you. your chest seems like it would be bigger than 37 inches but i guess not

hendrix

Thor Smash
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by macuser3of5
marc jacobs isn't full cut at all, unless the specific garment is oversized (which is rare and easy to spot). That's probably just a 54 hanging on a 48 mannequin or something. For reference, my MJ blazers (4 of them, all size 46) are about 17" s2s & 19" p2p. Slim sleeves but not ridiculous.

exactly, the alessandrini is 17.5p2p, frikken 16 inch s2s. It's clearly undersized.

*Tee*

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
i'm 5'9, 158lbs. My chest, just measured is 37, Waist at bellybutton is 29.
My chest measures around 37.5"-38".
Originally Posted by Binker
hendrix, you're a 48.
Hendrix, you're a 48.

macuser3of5

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
exactly, the alessandrini is 17.5p2p, frikken 16 inch s2s. It's clearly undersized.
MJ 46 should work, will be much better than DA anyway.... the usual jacket length for 46 is about 29" and the sleeves have non-working buttons, FYI.
Originally Posted by *Tee*
Hendrix, you're a 48.
Probably not in MJ, I'm a 48 in KvA, AmQ, etc, and a 46 in MJ.

hendrix

Thor Smash
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by macuser3of5
MJ 46 should work, will be much better than DA anyway.... the usual jacket length for 46 is about 29" and the sleeves have non-working buttons, FYI.

Probably not in MJ, I'm a 48 in KvA, AmQ, etc, and a 46 in MJ.

yup, just to check that i'm not getting the measurements wrong and to show just how small this thing is:
DSC00979.jpg

DSC00980.jpg

the shah

OG Yamamoto
Reaction score
Originally Posted by chronoaug
based on the recent purchase discussion. what's a good running/excerise shoe i can find retail or on sale under $65? still slim but getting soft. want to start running or something

mizuno/asics are really good, will give you lots of mileage (4-500), brooks too. they can be found for under 65 on sale i'm positive.

skunkworks

Reaction score
Originally Posted by chronoaug
based on the recent purchase discussion. what's a good running/excerise shoe i can find retail or on sale under $65? still slim but getting soft. want to start running or something

If you're getting skinnyfat, why would you want to run. This is a tough question anyway since the answer depends on your gait (overpronator/neutral/underpronator).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 36.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 59 39.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 15 10.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 26 17.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 26 17.3%

Forum statistics

Threads