• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ahab

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by sockpuppets
Ahab, while you have valid points it's all discredited by your apparent need to berate someone with an opinion contrary to your own. It just makes you come off as childish.
Opinions are like sockpuppets.....
Originally Posted by jet
saracen has repeatedly cried like a little school girl on several occasions anytime there has been the slightest mention of a problem, do you really want me to dig up his post history? he's the worst type of customer, i know i've dealt with people like him over the years and he just verified he doesn't have a gf, next question is if he is still a virgin
Just go to the first post on this page: http://www.styleforum.net/showthread...85589&page=356 Look at his response and then look at the posts before it and see if it was even in context. I don't think it was.
Originally Posted by makewayhomer
to be clear, it wasn't saracen who posted the boots with the latest problem (the speedhooks)
And look how people responded to the guy who did post the pics. Then look at the responses and see if anything was out of line.
The personal attacks should just stop here.
Or? Really? Let me know.
Originally Posted by jet
yes I know, and for the record I'm not against people posting any flaws but some people need to stfu already and not pile on with their broken record nonsense over and over again you don't like it don't buy it, vote with your wallet not your keyboard and like someone else mentioned take it up with the retailer it's not rocket science folks
+1
fing02[1].gif

arrow

Reaction score
4901812187_9a44d70b1e_z_d.jpg

Guys can we go back to a more important discussion...
White socks for solidarity with Jason!

makewayhomer

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by jet
you don't like it don't buy it, vote with your wallet not your keyboard and like someone else mentioned take it up with the retailer it's not rocket science folks
I agree that this is ideal however, these board are public, and any company worth their salt pays attention to what customers are saying about them. you know for a fact that Tom @ Leathersoul is reading this conversation, so retailers are reading about it. and I would not be surprised at all to learn that people from Alden are reading it. my last 2 jobs certainly had people (frequently) monitor message boards to see what people were saying. this is pretty easy for Alden to do as there are only a couple places they need to monitor. the AE CEO posts over at AAAC. I'm sure he reads here. I would bet people from Alden do as well

saracen

Reaction score
To Ahab and Jet.

I don't know you guys and certainly don't want to get to know you. I'm entitled to my opinion just like everyone else here is. If you have a problem with it feel free to state it (as you have) or simply ignore me. Once you begin to call me names, etc, you're basically just discrediting everything you've said.

I stand by my posts and the things I've said. Again, if I sound like a broken record, maybe it's that like a broken record, people are continuously posting issues with their Aldens. If you can't handle the criticism, the broken record, etc. then what's the point of being in this forum?

Seriously though, I don't even take your personal attacks to heart, because in the end it just doesn't matter. So good luck in life and in this forum and when you see my name/avatar skip on ahead.

Ahab

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by arrow
4901812187_9a44d70b1e_z_d.jpg

Guys can we go back to a more important discussion...
White socks for solidarity with Jason!

Cool! What jeans are those?

Ahab

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I agree that this is ideal however, these board are public, and any company worth their salt pays attention to what customers are saying about them. you know for a fact that Tom @ Leathersoul is reading this conversation, so retailers are reading about it. and I would not be surprised at all to learn that people from Alden are reading it. my last 2 jobs certainly had people (frequently) monitor message boards to see what people were saying. this is pretty easy for Alden to do as there are only a couple places they need to monitor. the AE CEO posts over at AAAC. I'm sure he reads here. I would bet people from Alden do as well
Well I understand the "squeaky wheel gets the oil" strategy I just do not see it being very effective here since there are a lot of people who are trying to utilize this strategy end their rants with "I have two pairs on order" or "I'm gonna' get a pair as soon as I can afford it".
Originally Posted by saracen
To Ahab and Jet. I don't know you guys and certainly don't want to get to know you. I'm entitled to my opinion just like everyone else here is. If you have a problem with it feel free to state it (as you have) or simply ignore me. Once you begin to call me names, etc, you're basically just discrediting everything you've said. I stand by my posts and the things I've said. Again, if I sound like a broken record, maybe it's that like a broken record, people are continuously posting issues with their Aldens. If you can't handle the criticism, the broken record, etc. then what's the point of being in this forum? Seriously though, I don't even take your personal attacks to heart, because in the end it just doesn't matter. So good luck in life and in this forum and when you see my name/avatar skip on ahead.
But your are an idiot. All anyone has to do is read this standard post of yours: http://www.styleforum.net/showthread...85589&page=356 And the posts that preceded it. You said "I love how the 'Alden Fan Club' always comes out in a defensive mode whenever someone posts a QC issue." But if you look there were no such posts. But you cannot help but whine. You probably have been rewarded for your whining in the past so you continue to do it in search of another reward. Just like a dog would do...and in an equally intelligent manner.

saracen

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Ahab

But your are an idiot. All anyone has to do is read this standard post of yours:

http://www.styleforum.net/showthread...85589&page=356

And the posts that preceded it. You said "I love how the 'Alden Fan Club' always comes out in a defensive mode whenever someone posts a QC issue."

But if you look there were no such posts. But you cannot help but whine. You probably have been rewarded for your whining in the past so you continue to do it in search of another reward. Just like a dog would do...and in an equally intelligent manner.

Really man? Just don't want to drop it do you?

I was referring to this by you: "What the hell are you doing to your boots?

If this was the only pair of boots I would blame Alden but if this is happening to your other boots.....

My advice to you is stay away from speed hooks"

I think it clearly shows you're trying to blame the OP for doing something to his speed hooks. Doesn't even make any sense, but whatever...

Now please, just move along.

jet

Persian Bro
Reaction score
To Ahab and Jet.

I don't know you guys and certainly don't want to get to know you. I'm entitled to my opinion just like everyone else here is. If you have a problem with it feel free to state it (as you have) or simply ignore me. Once you begin to call me names, etc, you're basically just discrediting everything you've said.

I stand by my posts and the things I've said. Again, if I sound like a broken record, maybe it's that like a broken record, people are continuously posting issues with their Aldens. If you can't handle the criticism, the broken record, etc. then what's the point of being in this forum?

Seriously though, I don't even take your personal attacks to heart, because in the end it just doesn't matter. So good luck in life and in this forum and when you see my name/avatar skip on ahead.

Not really, valid points are valid points.

I agree that this is ideal

however, these board are public, and any company worth their salt pays attention to what customers are saying about them.

you know for a fact that Tom @ Leathersoul is reading this conversation, so retailers are reading about it.

and I would not be surprised at all to learn that people from Alden are reading it. my last 2 jobs certainly had people (frequently) monitor message boards to see what people were saying. this is pretty easy for Alden to do as there are only a couple places they need to monitor.

the AE CEO posts over at AAAC. I'm sure he reads here. I would bet people from Alden do as well

You've completely missed my point.

Ahab

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Really man? Just don't want to drop it do you?

I was referring to this by you: "What the hell are you doing to your boots?

If this was the only pair of boots I would blame Alden but if this is happening to your other boots.....

My advice to you is stay away from speed hooks"

I think it clearly shows you're trying to blame the OP for doing something to his speed hooks. Doesn't even make any sense, but whatever...

Now please, just move along.

You took only a small part of my post out of context. I was not defending Alden's but telling the guy to stay away from speed hooks. I personally am moving away from them. Do you think only Alden has speed hooks?

saracen

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Ahab
You took only a small part of my post out of context. I was not defending Alden's but telling the guy to stay away from speed hooks. I personally am moving away from them. Do you think only Alden has speed hooks?

Of course not. My point was that whenever someone posts something negative about Aldens, they are immediately either doing something wrong, ignored, or in another way discredited. I could go back to the beginning of this (unofficially official) thread and show you, but I think you know what I'm talking about. What's wrong with wanting for Alden to improve their QC? Why is that called hatred and being an idiot? I really don't get that. But hey, it's a forum and I know people like you and Jet need a purpose.

Ahab

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Of course not. My point was that whenever someone posts something negative about Aldens, they are immediately either doing something wrong, ignored, or in another way discredited. I could go back to the beginning of this (unofficially official) thread and show you, but I think you know what I'm talking about. What's wrong with wanting for Alden to improve their QC? Why is that called hatred and being an idiot? I really don't get that. But hey, it's a forum and I know people like you and Jet need a purpose.
Where did that happen in the situation you responded to? Several people responded to the issue. Then you thought you had an opportunity to play your same tired old game. That is what I took offense with. If you have a personal agenda take it somewhere else or at least keep it in context.

Ahab

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Oh look its still going. How wonderful.
Well it used to be my favorite thread. Now except for this it is pretty much dead for me. I have no reason to go out of my way and post pics in this thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Forum statistics

Threads