• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The streetwear shoes and boots thread...No sneakers please

a2_hennessy

Reaction score
Oh lords of style,

Can anyone recommend me a pair of combat boots in either black or brown, and where I could purchase one? I'm looking to spend around $200 - $300, and am having trouble finding a good pair that I like.

Stylin-1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by fiercevic
The Levis boots are out of stock already at Amazon.com. http://www.amazon.com/Levis-Poised-Boot/dp/B0039VGY34 If you want to pay full price in the $ 200 range, then of course you don't have to worry about sales and things selling out.

I liked my new boots enough to get them in Black AND Brown. Too early to wear them I admit. Still wearing all my colorful Pumas and high top sneakers I bought 6 months ago for the remainder of summer. I work in the fashion industry so shopping for Fall is NOT too early. It's already too late to shop the 80's revival trend now, even if prices are attractive. I am already looking forward to some colorful suede loafers for Spring 2011. http://www.esquire.com/blogs/mens-fa...-trends-062210

Don't expect too many guys to pay attention to fashion trends the same way as I do. I am not a typical dude who wears cargo shorts with flip flops.

STFU, you wear $30 boots.

tunnelrat

Reaction score
Any tips how to make DM boots look more vintage faster? (Yeah, sure, wear them a lot.
smile.gif
) I've got the cappers in oxblood and they're great, but still too shiny and new-looking. I've polished them partially with black shoecream and that helped a lot. Any suggestions?

CharlieAngel

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by tunnelrat
Any tips how to make DM boots look more vintage faster? (Yeah, sure, wear them a lot.
smile.gif
) I've got the cappers in oxblood and they're great, but still too shiny and new-looking. I've polished them partially with black shoecream and that helped a lot. Any suggestions?

Wear the **** out of them. Exercise in them. Go running through the park in them. Get them scuffed up, knock off the dirt/dust with the brush and throw a few coats of polish on them, rinse/repeat. Really, it's no big deal and the more you think about it, the worse it gets, mentally.. Watched pot never boils, etc. Just wear them daily and before you know it, you'll look down and say "Goddamn, these are some busted up, vintage DMs.. awesome!"

Synthese

Darth Millennial
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
crosspost from recent purchases; margiela, from ebay. absolutely beautiful in person.

Spaghettimatt

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I posted this in the Clarks DB thread but figured I might as well here too. I'll be moving to Manhattan this month and am looking for a pair of boots for the fall/winter/rain/snow. I will really only be walking around the city and occasionally going to Montreal.

I'm debating between Clarks DBs in Beeswax or these (minus USA flag) http://www.zappos.com/chippewa-6-american-made-gq-boot

Obviously they are two very different kinds of boots, but can anyone with more experience in the city provide advice?

hastur

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Stylin-1
Stay away from Frye. Look for Buttero, F&B, ndc on sale.

Just out of curiosity, what's wrong with Frye? I've never worn or seen any of their boots in person, is there something wrong with the quality? Not worth the price or what?

Stylin-1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by hastur
Just out of curiosity, what's wrong with Frye? I've never worn or seen any of their boots in person, is there something wrong with the quality? Not worth the price or what?

Their USA made stuff is fine, but most of their boots are now made in Mexico, and the quality isn't worth the price. If you can score a pair for 100 or less it may be a decent value.

PaulYAY

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by hastur

I've seen several pair that look alright in pictures, like these recently:
frye.jpg

but there's always something off about the shape and the leather treatment when seen in person.

akatsuki

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
OK, need to decide...

I am torn between a couple of totally different styles of shoes.

Choice 1:Clarks in Black Suede. I have the sand ones and they are great with jeans but clash with khakis entirely...

Choice 2:Vintage 1460 Docs in Black. Admittedly the nostalgia choice from my high school punk days.

Choice 3:Alden Indy or other work boot.

In a perfect world, I'd be buying all three. But, instead, I am only buying one of these and I can't decide which way to go...

the shah

OG Yamamoto
Reaction score
the price jump is huge you could get 1&2 for price of 3. that said, go with aldens

jet

Persian Bro
Reaction score
Originally Posted by fiercevic
I also wear $ 20 Converse. So do hundreds of guys on this forum.

no we don't stop posting fuckstick

hboogz

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
PSA for all you hobbits out there: revolve re-stocked the black wolverine 1000 mile in size 8. go forth and kop. oh and it's on sale for $179 and i think there is a code floating around. you lucky hobbit *****...

hastur

Reaction score
Originally Posted by hboogz
PSA for all you hobbits out there: revolve re-stocked the black wolverine 1000 mile in size 8. go forth and kop. oh and it's on sale for $179 and i think there is a code floating around. you lucky hobbit *****...

I picked up the last size 9 they had (sized down 1) last time they had that sale. Got em for $143 shipped and couldn't be happier with them.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads