• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Levi's Workwear by Filson - Now @ www.levis.com

LawrenceMD

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by adamha21
I can't get into this jacket. It reminds me of something you'd wear while working in your barn.

I can't get into this jacket. it reminds me of something you'd wear while in a war.

jcrew-fatigue-jacket.jpg

juuuust kidding! i see your point. but still what looks good looks good regardless. if its actually built to be of substance, function, And Form... then all the better right?!

dcg

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by WhoKnewI
Because the duffle is not made of thick stiff fabric, it kind of scrunches up when it's held by the hand straps. I like the way it looks, but it may not be to some people's liking.
I opened mine today and it was a total disappointment. -Leather is clearly inferior to my 257 -Levi's shipped the thing in a plastic bag rather than a box; as a result the straps have a bunch of ugly creases (not helped by the low quality leather) -Denim and canvas lining are both much less robust than I was expecting -It's almost comically small. Can't blame them much for that as the dimensions were listed on the site Handling my 257 and then handling this thing, there's no comparison. I don't hold out much hope for Levi's, but I'm disappointed in Filson (actually, even the denim isn't what I'd expected - the website says "Constructed of heavyweight rigid denim" - this is neither).

click here

Reaction score
^Thanks for your impression, was thinking of getting it but now I won't. Naked and Famous has a similar looking one as well
nakedfamousautumn2010de.jpg
Anyone got experience with that bag (And crap realise I am going off topic)

Odd Morsel

Reaction score
Feel free. I'd wonder how we can even go 13 pages on a single, basic article of clothing but we're up to 390 pages on APC jeans with no signs of slowing down, so
ffffuuuu.gif

Originally Posted by click here
^Thanks for your impression, was thinking of getting it but now I won't. Naked and Famous has a similar looking one as well

Anyone got experience with that bag

(And crap realise I am going off topic)

jobsey

Reaction score
Hi, I actually have a XL size for the trucker jacket. Am willing to do a trade with anyone with a size L? I reside in Australia.

For now I'll consider a trade. I'll consider selling it if nobody is interesting in trading!

Thanks

hattori_gonzo

Reaction score
Originally Posted by dcg
I opened mine today and it was a total disappointment. -Leather is clearly inferior to my 257 -Levi's shipped the thing in a plastic bag rather than a box; as a result the straps have a bunch of ugly creases (not helped by the low quality leather) -Denim and canvas lining are both much less robust than I was expecting -It's almost comically small. Can't blame them much for that as the dimensions were listed on the site Handling my 257 and then handling this thing, there's no comparison. I don't hold out much hope for Levi's, but I'm disappointed in Filson (actually, even the denim isn't what I'd expected - the website says "Constructed of heavyweight rigid denim" - this is neither).
Really, wow i think I'm just gonna buy now the regular filson duffle small bag... Too bad that the urbanoutfitters is not available anymore, it looks like this one but I'm sure the quality was FAR better (if someone knows where i can buy it or has one to sell PM me
laugh.gif
)
urban-outfitters-filson-bag.jpg

hattori_gonzo

Reaction score
Originally Posted by click here
Anyone got experience with that bag (And crap realise I am going off topic)

this looks like a cheap copy, from a taiwanese factory, compared to the Filson

sockpuppets

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Lovewife
2686644630073358854S425x425Q85.jpg
very nice bag

I think it looks like ****, sorry. It's not up to filson's normal leather and it's so small it's less duffel and more purse. I was disappointed when I saw it. You're better off with one of filson's other waxwear/cloth bags or even with the land's end Canvas 1963 Trip Bag. When I think Filson I think RUGGED- then practical, then stylish. They should have really pushed back on this and made the duffel larger with better quality hardware and leather at least on par with their field bags. Filson I am disappoint.

tlieu

Reaction score
What's the point of these Denim bags or Denim Duffle bags? Doesn't matter who makes them. It looks cool but just doesn't make any sense for wear. The idea of rubbing indigo all over your close while wearing these duffle bags just boggles my mind. Maybe I'm missing something here.

sockpuppets

Reaction score
Originally Posted by tlieu
What's the point of these Denim bags or Denim Duffle bags? Doesn't matter who makes them. It looks cool but just doesn't make any sense for wear. The idea of rubbing indigo all over your close while wearing these duffle bags just boggles my mind. Maybe I'm missing something here.

+1.

dcg

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by dcg
I opened mine today and it was a total disappointment.

-Leather is clearly inferior to my 257
-Levi's shipped the thing in a plastic bag rather than a box; as a result the straps have a bunch of ugly creases (not helped by the low quality leather)
-Denim and canvas lining are both much less robust than I was expecting
-It's almost comically small. Can't blame them much for that as the dimensions were listed on the site

Handling my 257 and then handling this thing, there's no comparison. I don't hold out much hope for Levi's, but I'm disappointed in Filson (actually, even the denim isn't what I'd expected - the website says "Constructed of heavyweight rigid denim" - this is neither).

Credit where credit is due - I sent a quick note to Filson last night letting them know I was disappointed in the quality of the bag, and received an email - from the CEO - before noon ET today (this from a company in Seattle, so it wasn't even 9am local time for them).

click here

Reaction score
Originally Posted by dcg
Credit where credit is due - I sent a quick note to Filson last night letting them know I was disappointed in the quality of the bag, and received an email - from the CEO - before noon ET today (this from a company in Seattle, so it wasn't even 9am local time for them).
and....? Come on, don't keep us hanging!

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Forum statistics

Threads