• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Recent non-Sartorialist Looks

Holdfast

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by aj_del
eb-photography-adrian-with-jack-couch-fall-09.jpg

Jacket + Dog =
teacha.gif

Shirt + 4" jean cuffs =
confused.gif

JamesX

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
tumblr_l72a3lypD41qzpxkgo1_500.jpg
Why is there some fabric under his leather wrist band? He doesn't seems to be wearing anything under his shirt. With his cuffs folded back, where did that fabric come from?

aj_del

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by JamesX
tumblr_l72a3lypD41qzpxkgo1_500.jpg

Why is there some fabric under his leather wrist band? He doesn't seems to be wearing anything under his shirt. With his cuffs folded back, where did that fabric come from?

i think thats another wrist band. The color of the other wrist band is similar to the color of the shirt

Cravate_Noire

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Sanguis Mortuum
You realise that not all Germans are Nazis?

Of course they are!
Lasbar lost half of his family in Hans' and Fritz' Lodenlager in a struggle for the most beautiful Loden fabric.

lasbar

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by benjamin831
Lol, what exactly are you implying?

I just said it was just strange...

All Jews or Palestinians are not all extremists but I don't see a lot of Palestinians walking around with Israeli flags on their shoulders or vice versa.

I would not wear German military stuff and I have nothing against Germans.

Master Squirrel

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by lasbar
I would not wear German military stuff and I have nothing against Germans.
It's a West German jacket from the Cold War days. It's not Stasi, or from East Germany. The rag merchants here filled up the stores with them in the 1980s and the college kids bought 'em up. I'm actually surprised to see it here.

lasbar

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
^^ What are your thoughts n driving a German car ?

No problem but not a military one...

Do not go there guys...

My grand father lost part of his leg and thousands of his mates in Verdun and le plateau de Craonne and he was a fervent supporter of Germano-French reconciliation...

Part of my family were nearly deported because they were helping people to cross over to Spain and my grandparent befriended a 16 year old POW left behind...

You're Indian? Do you see a lot of people walking around in pakistani army gears?

lasbar

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
^^ No, but I think the point was different.

It is exactly the same...

To my German friends ,don't get over sensitive over any comment about your past...

aj_del

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Who was that guy ? Was that Lapo ? I dont think even you were sure. In case it was not Lapo and some German guy, your whole point and argument would fall.

And regarding India and Pakistan they are at an almost state of war most of the time with both accusing the other of various misdeeds. The last war between the 2 was 8 years back. In comparison, isnt all of Europe part of the big happy NATO family

voxsartoria

Goon member
Timed Out
Reaction score
In comparison, isnt all of Europe part of the big happy NATO family

IMPORTANT NOTICE: No media files are hosted on these forums. By clicking the link below you agree to view content from an external website. We can not be held responsible for the suitability or legality of this material. If the video does not play, wait a minute or try again later. I AGREE

TIP: to embed Youtube clips, put only the encoded part of the Youtube URL, e.g. eBGIQ7ZuuiU between the tags.

- B

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 35.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 60 38.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 11.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 27 17.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 28 18.1%

Forum statistics

Threads