• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part II

Status
Not open for further replies.

GuidoWongolini

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Thanks all for the kind words & now to answer some Qs

Originally Posted by TRINI
I'm curious - why did you go halfway on the tux?
- I have different DS depending on the occasion. Unfortunately all I had was my edgy version here in SYD.
Originally Posted by kolecho
Nice shots, but the bow is a little emaciated IMHO. Hope it is not pre-tied.
- wash your mouth.. You should know me better than to have a pre-tied..
- that's it, no more VASH orders..
smile.gif

Originally Posted by Holdfast
Hmm, a lot of competing details here - hey, I know, that's rich coming from a multi-pattern freak like me!
wink.gif

But what with something funky on your right lapel, the felt flower on the left, the multi-coloured square, and the constrast shirt, it's a lot to take in. I like the shirt a lot though (inspired by RL's collection from last year?) and think it works nicely with the square's colours. Leaving the flower behind and removing whatever's on the right lapel (or is it just some kind of lighting artefact?) would be easier on the eye.

- actually not so obvious IRL & the right lapel is reflecting overhead lamp

jobro

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Holdfast
Hmm, a lot of competing details here - hey, I know, that's rich coming from a multi-pattern freak like me!
wink.gif

But what with something funky on your right lapel, the felt flower on the left, the multi-coloured square, and the constrast shirt, it's a lot to take in. I like the shirt a lot though (inspired by RL's collection from last year?) and think it works nicely with the square's colours. Leaving the flower behind and removing whatever's on the right lapel (or is it just some kind of lighting artefact?) would be easier on the eye.

I think the outfit is just crying for a full fit pic to do it justice.

MBreinin

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Another Monday, another round of TD5, soon to be Danielle. She has her sights set on NOLA for a second round of fun. This time there really is nothing to stand in her way. No ULL, no dry air, no shear. Should be interesting to watch.

Well, back to clothes, LOL.

Suit by RLPL, Polo shirt, Brooks tie, vintage Wright Cordwainer kicks.

Have a good one.

Danielle-3.jpg

Danielle-1.jpg

Danielle-4-2.jpg

Danielle-5.jpg

Holdfast

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Phat Guido
- actually not so obvious IRL & the right lapel is reflecting overhead lamp

Ah, I see. Well, those were the only two things I thought put it too far over the edge, so cool!
bigstar[1].gif

Summer is back...

aug16003.jpg

Slewfoot

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by MBreinin
Another Monday, another round of TD5, soon to be Danielle. She has her sights set on NOLA for a second round of fun. This time there really is nothing to stand in her way. No ULL, no dry air, no shear. Should be interesting to watch.

Nice fits recently! Have you been getting things altered to be a touch more trim or are these newer acquisitions?

MrChris

Reaction score
0b5cur1ty - Nice and clean! I like the fit of that jacket. I wouldn't mind the arms to be about 1 cm shorter though
smile.gif
I guess those suede shoes are dark brown, the ligh however make them look to be of almost identical color as your suit.

MBreinin

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by MrChris
MBreinin - Very elegant and classy look. It all fits well together and I especially like those shoes.

Thank you sir. I wish I could get the lighting right for the darker colors. My hallway likes the lighter colors best. LOL.

Originally Posted by Slewfoot
Nice fits recently! Have you been getting things altered to be a touch more trim or are these newer acquisitions?

Thanks! A little of both, plus a hair of weight loss. This is a new item today.

Mike

MrDaniels

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by MBreinin

Have a good one.

Danielle-3.jpg

Danielle-1.jpg

Danielle-4-2.jpg

Danielle-5.jpg

Looks like Big Meeting Day to me, MB.

MBreinin

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by JayJay
Looks great. I really like the combo.

Thanks!

Originally Posted by MrDaniels
Looks like Big Meeting Day to me, MB.

More like Big Brief writing day, no court today.

Originally Posted by Lovewife
Good shoes. Very good shoes. But, unfortunately I do not take the blue color

Thanks.

I personally love the blue, but blue is my favorite and I rarely dislike a shade of blue.

Mike

ndw

Reaction score
Originally Posted by JayJay
Looks great. I really like the combo.

+1 Suit looks great, Mike. Not a huge fan of the contrast collar shirt, but you pull it off nicely.

0b5cur1ty

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by MrChris
0b5cur1ty - Nice and clean! I like the fit of that jacket. I wouldn't mind the arms to be about 1 cm shorter though
smile.gif

I guess those suede shoes are dark brown, the ligh however make them look to be of almost identical color as your suit.

Thanks. The shoes are indeed chocolate brown.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Forum statistics

Threads