• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

A.P.C. The official thread for APC denim sizing and other questions.

Roygbivuxg

Reaction score
Originally Posted by ThisFlyGuy
APC newbie here, but is there a model where it fits like a relaxed/loose fit?
What would be considered the "loose fit" of the APC line?
Thanks
smile.gif

rescues...dude theres only like 4 models currently in production...

maltess

Reaction score
Hello to everyone

I want to order APC New Standard for the first time. I am 30 or 31 depending on the brand, I know I have to size down two, So I would be 28 or 29 in APC, but how can I know that? Can anyone tell me the waist mesurement o 28 and 29 before stretching? I guess if I know that, I will be able to determine my size, keeping in ming that they have to be snug and that they are going to strecth two sizes in the waist.

With some brands I size 1 down, knowing they will stretch about 1 inch in the waist as a general rule, And that´s normally buying size 30, so in this case that would means getting 29? or I have to go down 2 sizes from what I regularly buy?

Thanks a lot for your help

max_r

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by maltess
Hello to everyone

I want to order APC New Standard for the first time. I am 30 or 31 depending on the brand, I know I have to size down two, So I would be 28 or 29 in APC, but how can I know that? Can anyone tell me the waist mesurement o 28 and 29 before stretching? I guess if I know that, I will be able to determine my size, keeping in ming that they have to be snug and that they are going to strecth two sizes in the waist.

With some brands I size 1 down, knowing they will stretch about 1 inch in the waist as a general rule, And that´s normally buying size 30, so in this case that would means getting 29? or I have to go down 2 sizes from what I regularly buy?

Thanks a lot for your help

http://www.contextclothing.com/item.php?id=6

nahneun

Uncle Nephew
Reaction score
People ask the stupidest questions in these threads. Do you guys not know how to use google or some ****? 99% of your questions have been asked and answered already.

maltess

Reaction score
Well, I been using google and the threats and did not find a clear answer in the measure thing. I am asking with politness and respect, if you dont like it, you dont have to answer. On the other hand your unpolite and insulting attitude is not going to change anything in my personality or way of acting, I guess you are problaby an asshole anyway, so why bother? now you can ban me or kick me out of the forum, I dont care.

Gagno905

Reaction score
How's APC outerwear sizing? Loving the duffle coat in their FW 11 collection but I'm concerned it may be too big. I'd be an XS I think.

airblaster503

Reaction score
This thread is ******* ridiculous. There needs to be a sticky up top on just how to size APC jeans. Also to dude looking for outerwear sizing questions, go to Context and look at the measurements to get an idea of how their outerwear is sized.

ghdvfddzgzdzg

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Abstraktmind, they kept me warm in North Carolina and in New York City. Should be fine unless you live in Siberia.

poissa

Reaction score
I've been wearing a pair of APC unhemmed and folded for several years now. Last weekend I wore them with dress shoes. Low and behold there is polish on the jeans. The jeans are going to be hemmed. Do tailors keep the original cuff in tact when the jeans are in new condition? I.e. are my jeans going to look marsupialed given I've lost the bottom portion of the jean due to polish? Is there any recourse so my jeans would look like an original pair =\\

porcelain monkey

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Abstraktmind
How do APC's fair in the fall/winter?

What does this even mean? They are jeans, they fair just fine.

7_rocket

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by airblaster503
This thread is ******* ridiculous. There needs to be a sticky up top on just how to size APC jeans. Also to dude looking for outerwear sizing questions, go to Context and look at the measurements to get an idea of how their outerwear is sized.

+1

CharlieAngel

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by porcelain monkey
What does this even mean? They are jeans, they fair just fine.

My only guess is thickness of denim. Thicker denim is, for me, better in the colder months with the lighter denim getting more rotation in the summer. I have no idea the denim used in APCs, but that's the difference between, say, my Gap Authentics that I'm wearing now and around October-Nov when I'll be swapping to my RRLs.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.3%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.7%

Forum statistics

Threads