• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Official Golf Thread

pscolari

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by blofeld
pretty cool new offering from Titleist - custom wedges from Vokey WedgeWorks - just got mine in and it's a beauty - would highly recommend if you are in the market for some new wedges - all are pre-2010 grooves too

vokey.jpg

Unfortunately the lh options are limited. Would love to give them more of my money.

nootje

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Friendly tournament coming up this Saturday, promised to play in a kilt
smile.gif

I wonder how this is going to affect my game, less restriction in movement and all that
lol8[1].gif

Piobaire

Not left of center?
Reaction score
Originally Posted by nootje
smile.gif

I wonder how this is going to affect my game, less restriction in movement and all that
lol8[1].gif

icon_gu_b_slayer[1].gif

Pilot

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by nootje
smile.gif

lol8[1].gif

You own a kilt?

We have our scramble tomorrow. My sort-of-boss is bringing his friend who he always plays with on fridays. Turns out he's a golf pro. So he just crushed all of our hopes of winning.

Piobaire

Not left of center?
Reaction score

Pilot

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Piobaire
Who doesn't?

Playing at a course called The Highlands today. Is this the proper time to wear a kilt?

Piobaire

Not left of center?
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Stylish Pilot
Playing at a course called The Highlands today. Is this the proper time to wear a kilt?

laugh.gif
Indeed.

Pilot

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
We shot 65 and ended up winning the scramble. No one played too well, but someone always stepped up ad hit a shot or made a put when we needed them too. Had a lot of fun.

MrG

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Christmas came to town early this year - mom arrived last night with a new set of irons and a bag! She and my brother went in on everything, and, since giving them to me at Christmas would have meant I'd have to wait to use them, gave them to me now.

Now I just have to wait for the weather to not be crappy so I can take some swings with them. It's been rainy/overcast all day, and it's supposed to be the same way tomorrow. I'm itching to use these things, and nature won't cooperate!

Originally Posted by blofeld
pretty cool new offering from Titleist - custom wedges from Vokey WedgeWorks - just got mine in and it's a beauty - would highly recommend if you are in the market for some new wedges - all are pre-2010 grooves too

vokey.jpg

That's pretty cool!

Piobaire

Not left of center?
Reaction score
Congrats, G!

bdeuce22

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
assembled a dream team of friends for my buddy's lawfirm golf outing. the course we are playing is easy. i'm probably the worst golfer of the 4.

time to hit the range. haven't swung a club in a month or so.

Piobaire

Not left of center?
Reaction score
Had a very, very productive lesson Saturday. Some stuff is starting to come together. Grip, "cupping" the wrist, the shoulders rotating to start the take away. It's very, very ugly but with a decade of work, I think I see dropping out of triple digits.

denning

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Anyone's feelings on what happened at the PGA yesterday with Dustin Johnson?

I feel horrible for him, but at the same time rules are rules, and golf is nothing if not rule oriented. That's one of the reasons I like the game so much. They are completely uncomprimising and inflexible with the rules, but they are that way for everyone. Nevertheless it would have been great to see him in the playoff. Having the situation further clarified after the fact helped provide a lot of context to the Rules Committee/Course Judge (whatever they are called) making the decision they did. Dustin handled the situation very well and was extremely gracious in his interview following the incident. Didn't blame anyone or throw a tantrum, just accepted the fact that he made a mistake. I don't know if I would have handled it as well as he did.

Piobaire

Not left of center?
Reaction score
I thought Dustin was shafted (excuse the pun). Yes, golf is about the rules, however you should be able to clearly tell what section of the rules apply to where your ball lies. That was not the case here. I mean, when are crowds allowed to stand in bunkers? I can completely see why he did not know that was a bunker.

Agree, he handled it very well.

I was rooting for Bubba.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 35.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 60 38.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 11.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 27 17.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 28 18.1%

Forum statistics

Threads