• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Losing memory

Thomas

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
hey, what was this thread about, again?

Rambo

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Originally Posted by MetroStyles
I've had good results with the Phenomenal Memory program. It takes a lot of work but you can pretty much remember incredible amounts of info using tricks.
Describe this please.

willpower

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I took a class on how to have a better memory. The teacher was unreal in his ability to remember names, numbers, etc. He could even do the stuff backwards. By the end of the day, I could remember the titles of 100 books, lots of other things This was the guy: http://www.memorydynamics.com/index.html You have to keep up with it, though. The brain is like a muscle that needs exercise. I kind of like not remembering as well as I once did. You get to forget the bad stuff as well.

Rambo

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Originally Posted by MetroStyles
http://www.pmemory.com/faq/
I checked that out already. I was wondering what your experience with it was. How long it took you to show results? What those results were? If its lasted long after you stopped doing the work? Etc.?

Sunnydale

Reaction score
Dr Eades had an interesting article about Alzheimer's the other day on his twitter sight. http://twitter.com/DrEades For supplements fish oil and vitamin D3 have helped both my father and my memory, we believe.

TheDarkKnight

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Sunnydale
Dr Eades had an interesting article about Alzheimer's the other day on his twitter sight.

http://twitter.com/DrEades

For supplements fish oil and vitamin D3 have helped both my father and my memory, we believe.

How much fish oil Sunny?

I take 10g of cod liver oil each morning, and eat salmon or trout 4 times a week.

robbz9206

Reaction score
haha dude im 21 and i feel the same way you described... *******, life is crazy.

Best wishes to you

sharwood

Reaction score
Originally Posted by blackjack
Maybe consider taking a look at nootropics (smart drugs). Many of these were drugs first used in the treatment of patients suffering from dementia or Parkinson's Disease. As they became available to the general public - either from offshore pharmacies or as legal OTC supplements - people began experimenting with them to see if they might boost the cognitive powers and memory of otherwise healthy subjects.

Erowid: http://www.erowid.org/smarts/

And an old article from the 90's:

http://www.zoklet.net/totse/en/drugs.../nootropc.html which includes information on stuff like piracetam. Aside from the fact that over ten years have passed since that article was written, prices for the stuff have gone down dramatically. The guy in this youtube video hoists a tub of piracetam like it was one of those protein supplement powders.. (you can buy a 0.5 kg tub online for less than $20):

IMPORTANT NOTICE: No media files are hosted on these forums. By clicking the link below you agree to view content from an external website. We can not be held responsible for the suitability or legality of this material. If the video does not play, wait a minute or try again later. I AGREE

TIP: to embed Youtube clips, put only the encoded part of the Youtube URL, e.g. eBGIQ7ZuuiU between the tags.

If you want to explore more 'natural' alternatives, add some fish oil supplements in your diet for increased DHA and EPA oils.

Please do adequate research before spending money on these kinds of things.

Sunnydale

Reaction score
Originally Posted by TheDarkKnight
How much fish oil Sunny?

I take 10g of cod liver oil each morning, and eat salmon or trout 4 times a week.

2000 to 3000mgs of EPA/DHA a day - the active ingredient found in fish oil will probably do the trick. If you want to get more detailed, my understanding is to aim for an omega 3 index that is greater than 10%.

http://heartscanblog.blogspot.com/se...mega-3%20index

By the way, that's a lot of cod liver oil! Personally i avoid CLO since it is high in vitamin A. An article on the problems with CLO, vitamin A and how it can block vitamin D from being used in the body.

http://www.vitamindcouncil.org/newsl...december.shtml

Hope that helps.

blackjack

Reaction score
Originally Posted by sharwood
Please do adequate research before spending money on these kinds of things.

The cost of trying some of these nootropics out isn't that cost-prohibitive especially now. And, several years ago I did try out a combination of piracetum, hydergine and vasopressin. And, as outlined in the article, I took a 3,000 gram "attack" dose of Piracetum thrice daily for three days (in conjunction with Hydergine). Nothing wild or hallucinogenic - and I am certain it was not a placebo effect - but I experienced a flood of long-forgotten memories back from childhood onward.

sharwood

Reaction score
Originally Posted by blackjack
The cost of trying some of these nootropics out isn't that cost-prohibitive especially now. And, several years ago I did try out a combination of piracetum, hydergine and vasopressin. And, as outlined in the article, I took a 3,000 gram "attack" dose of Piracetum thrice daily for three days (in conjunction with Hydergine). Nothing wild or hallucinogenic - and I am certain it was not a placebo effect - but I experienced a flood of long-forgotten memories back from childhood onward.
I'm in the United States, so that may skew some of my opinions. I don't doubt that it probably had some kind of effect, but I'm always cautious with anything not FDA approved. I always want to see clinical data showing efficacy. I usually want to know some kind of mechanism of action, and I always want to know safety data. How do you know it what kind of drug-drug interactions to watch for? What are the long-term safety issues? What kind of short-term things should be monitored? Side-effects? Are the claims backed up by actual data from valid studies with adequate sample sizes? Sure, the company's website may say "absolutely no side-effects", but the sad part is they're allowed to say that. For a prescription drug to come to market, safety and efficacy must be proven. That same burden of proof is not present for herbals, nutrients, and vitamins. In fact, the only way the FDA will get involved with an herbal/nutrient/vitamin is if the compound starts killing or seriously harming people. That's the only way for one of them to be taken off the market. It doesn't matter if numerous trials show NO evidence supporting use. I just always advise that people use some sense. Do you really want to listen to some high-school kid at a health-food store tell you what would be good for your body? Or do you really want to listen to some scam-artist telling you on TV that they can cure cancer, diabetes, and aids with secrets the government won't let you know about? How about the people writing books with doctors on their payroll that recommend the supplements? What about the random people posting on messaging boards that you don't know anything about (no offense blackjack)? Granted, there are plenty of herbals and supplements that have shown efficacy, but there is an insane number of compounds available that either have no data or have data showing nonexistent or negligible effect. I see people repeatedly waste their money because some guy they know claimed this supplement was the greatest thing on earth. I'm not saying every herbal, vitamin, and supplement is a waste. I just want to advocate doing your own research and knowing what you're putting in your body...even if it is only $20 worth of pills.

MetroStyles

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Rambo
I checked that out already. I was wondering what your experience with it was. How long it took you to show results? What those results were? If its lasted long after you stopped doing the work? Etc.?

Takes 30 min - hour a day. I ran out of time because my work got too stressful and time-consuming. It only lasts if you are serious. It is not a quick fix. It is not a magic bullet.

I could basically remember like 120 objects in a row in my head with 15 minutes of practice, mistake-free.

I still use some of the visual tricks to remember a series of 10-15 concepts or objects, like a mental notepad. I did not delve nearly deeply enough into it, but I had some spare money at the time and it wasn't a big investment.

Rambo

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Thanks for that. Might help. My memory works a bit sideways. If you tell me a string of things I'll ******* all up if you ask me to repeat it right away. Come back in a day or two and I'll recite that ***** like it was the national anthem.

Anybody know the national anthem???

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 35.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 60 38.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 11.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 27 17.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 28 18.1%

Forum statistics

Threads