• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Ultimate noob thread - recommend me X in my wardrobe - post questions here please.

tit_tyrant

Reaction score
Originally Posted by AlbertCamus
I just got thick white leather belt, what type of shoes/pants should I pair it with?

Also, I love cords. Where can I get a nice slim fit pair, and what type of shirt would one typically wear with them?

Well-fitting jeans, a t-shirt, and canvas shoes? I dunno your style exactly.

Seconding where to find nice slim, not skinny, fit cords. Awesome name, I enjoyed The Stranger btw.

farraj18

Reaction score
Originally Posted by tit_tyrant
Well-fitting jeans, a t-shirt, and canvas shoes? I dunno your style exactly.

Seconding where to find nice slim, not skinny, fit cords. Awesome name, I enjoyed The Stranger btw.

With no personal experience with their cords but experience with their jeans/trousers, I'd suggest Levi's 511 or 514 cords.

Makeshift_Robot

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by tit_tyrant

Levis 511 cords are good, BDG cords (from urban outfitters) usually have at least one skinny model every fall and can be had for 20 bucks a piece come sale time.

If you have money, APC is doing really nice slim cords this season.

Max Biggavel

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Makeshift_Robot
If you have money, APC is doing really nice slim cords this season.

and i have some for sale

Lokesh

Reaction score
Hey guys!
I was wondering if someone could help me find a nice leather jacket in my budget! My problem is that my budget is kind of restricted. My plan was to get this jacket from BR because I can get a coupon for almost half off so I could get a good quality jacket for a lot less. The style I originally wanted was biker. But because of budget constraints I looked into Bomber as well. I will be wearing this with casuals (Jeans & T-Shirt). If it helps for stores, I live in San Francisco.
My budget is around $150-200. If you know of something that is more expensive but is easy to find discounts for, I'm cool with that too.

This is the jacket from BR that I was looking at, but was told that the quality from BR isnt great:
http://bananarepublic.gap.com/browse...scid=768348002

Thanks in advance!

Lokesh

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Lane
http://www.us.allsaints.com/product/...358&position=4

However, I don't know your size. That one only comes in large.

I'm like 5'8" or so. Maybe an inch taller, I'm not too sure. I usually wear S or M.

Also I have seen that particular jacket before, and I'm not too fond of the style. I prefer collarless ones. Like the ones with buckles or a button. And also not so crunched up looking. I appreciate the help!

laughter95

Reaction score
Can't search this since the search terms are too short, so sorry if this has been answered many times before.-- xposted

I just bought a pair of PBJ xx-007. They're a slim-straight jean. Will this fit my aesthetic if I normally wear slim-fitting clothes like epaulet shirts? Or do you think there is a better jean which offers a sleeker look? I do wish the jean came tapered.

I also have a pair of Sam 710 and FC 1108 if that's relevant.

Cool The Kid

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by laughter95
Can't search this since the search terms are too short, so sorry if this has been answered many times before.-- xposted I just bought a pair of PBJ xx-007. They're a slim-straight jean. Will this fit my aesthetic if I normally wear slim-fitting clothes like epaulet shirts? Or do you think there is a better jean which offers a sleeker look? I do wish the jean came tapered. I also have a pair of Sam 710 and FC 1108 if that's relevant.
Really depends on how you look man. If you have a slim build, then yea slim shirts will work great, otherwise :kanyeshrug:

raags

Reaction score
alternative to lanvin black patent hightops? a cheaper alternative...

bringusingoodale

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Need help finding a casual jacket/sweater (not sport jacket) that can be worn with a "dressier" look. Having a hard time finding something that falls in this category, of course because it is a matter of preference. I know about cardigans, but I was hoping for more ideas. I have been scrolling through the what are you wearing now thread and am thinking about a bomber jacket. Any suggestions? I am open to all and any.

AntiHero84

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'm about to make a boot purchase, but I'm stuck between two different types. I'm not even close to a baller, so I can't swing a pair of Wolverines or Alden, but I need to decide between a pair of Clarks Desert Boots in Beeswax or the new Lands End Canvas leather lace up boots.

Desert Boots

or

Lands End Canvas

I plan on wearing these casually, just as an everyday boot. Maybe something I can wear to the offic occasionally.

tit_tyrant

Reaction score
I'm in need of a new wallet and have been browsing random threads on said topic, but whenever I find something that piques my interest, it is either sold out or unavailable online. Could anyone recommend some natural leather cardholders that do not have a button snap on it? I don't think I would enjoy sitting on the snap all day.

Originally Posted by AntiHero84
Desert Boots

or

Lands End Canvas

I plan on wearing these casually, just as an everyday boot. Maybe something I can wear to the offic occasionally.

I really like the Lands End boots, although I cannot attest to their quality. However, I did just buy 3 shirts and a pair of chinos from Lands End's Canvas line and am very pleased with them. If I was you, and couldn't make up my mind, I would go to a store and try both on in order to get a feel for them. If that is not an option, maybe you could order both and return one pair.

Reaction score
Originally Posted by AntiHero84
I'm about to make a boot purchase, but I'm stuck between two different types. I'm not even close to a baller, so I can't swing a pair of Wolverines or Alden, but I need to decide between a pair of Clarks Desert Boots in Beeswax or the new Lands End Canvas leather lace up boots.

Desert Boots

or

Lands End Canvas

Clarks. They're proven, way cheaper, and have better styling IMO.

Timmbo

Reaction score
Need a pair of warm shoes/boots to withstand Edinburgh weather: rain/snow/very strong wind and below freezing temperatures. Will also be walking several miles per day. So far looked at Red Wings GTs/Wolverine 1000 Mile Boots/Alden Indys/LL Bean Katahdin Engineer Boots. Would like them to be versatile too, so that they can be worn with a Harris tweed jacket, but not look out of place paired with jeans + tee.

What would be the best choice?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 89 36.9%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.6%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads