• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The WAYWT Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

AR_Six

"Sookie!"
Reaction score
If only that were actually the case... it's already pretty next level fail. But now I want to commission a duck hunt themed cowichan. Uncontrol you should start your own line of clothes only have it be absolutely nothing like you dress (thus making you like pretty much every other designer I guess)

Eason

Bicurious Racist
Reaction score
the **** is this ****, I'm done here

brad-t

Bae Blade
Reaction score
Like, when I see fits like this I don't even know what to think. It's not like it's just some aesthetic I don't like or something. It's so far out of the realm of being good or cohesive or skillful and I just think, ****, someone looked in the mirror and said to themselves, "Yeah, this looks good." And then took a picture of it, uploaded that picture to the internet, and posted it on a message board. This is not an impulsive action. This is an elaborate series of steps that must be followed, and at the end, you've shown the whole world you're wearing this.

KitAkira

Wait! Wait! I gots an opinion!
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Originally Posted by JD_May
I used to too until I figured out how to cook it so it's tasty, chicken is better but tofu is cheaper and it's nice to have a little variety. A big brick of tofu is like $1.25. The lite stuff there is about $2. The desserts are great and taste more or less exactly like parfait.
98% of the time I eat tofu raw (soft, of course), shoyu + furikake.
Yeah... so... um... Wait what? 1. Check one of the 20 discount outlets for high end retailers, 2. Check one of the ten thousand places you can find nice shoes at to determine your size in a particular make / last and then wait to find something online / ebay, 3. Check one of the god knows how many sample sales that crop up each season.
Yeah, if you live in NYC, you have absolutely no excuse. Not wanting to purchase online (without seeing the product in person, I'm assuming)? You have hundreds of stores to check product in person! If you're dealing with a budget, set yourself a budget but look for discounts that bring more expensive goods into your range (end of season sales, sample sales, etc.). And as Uncontrol noted, spend a decent chunk on shoes and they'll treat you well. Better to spend $300 to get a decent shoe and daily wear them for 5 years than buy a new pair of $50 Aldos each year
Originally Posted by Boddington
39483_419706530673_624680673_4742546_1084165_n.jpg
Candid weekend shot. Apologies for blurry droid picture. My fathers woolrich woolen mills sweater Levis Toms

confused.gif
plain.gif
frown.gif
Offtopic: I think the 'eh' smiley looks more confused than the 'confused' smiley and the 'confused' smiley looks more unthrilled than the 'unthrilled' smiley. Proposition: 'Eh' smiley -> 'Confused' smiley 'Confused' smiley -> 'Unthrilled' smiley 'Unthrilled' smiley -> 'Eh' smiley

Boddington

Reaction score
For what it's worth, I do have an aesthetic that I'm comfortable with and that I believe looks good on me, and every day I go with that I don't really feel compelled to document it. However, the sweater and it's accompaniments were a step or eight outside of my comfort zone, a look I wanted to try but wasn't sure would work out. Hence why I posted it here; to see what everyone thought. Suffice it to say, it clearly doesn't work. Though criticism of a constructive nature would've been more beneficial. Either way, I appreciate your candor.

ZhiMingBuFanDe

Reaction score
Being honest, the sweater doesn't bother me that much, if at all. It's the jeans and Tom's.

Makeshift_Robot

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Boddington
39483_419706530673_624680673_4742546_1084165_n.jpg

This could be fantastic. I could see kind of a muscular tall guy wearing that sweater with a button-down with the sleeves pushed up, slim cords, and a pair of brown loafers. That sweater is so close to next level.

However, since it's too big for you, everything you're wearing fights it, and you look kind of sheepish and feckless, you just look like a running gag in a Judd Apatow movie.

AR_Six

"Sookie!"
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Makeshift_Robot
This could be fantastic. I could see kind of a muscular tall guy wearing that sweater with a button-down with the sleeves pushed up, slim cords, and a pair of brown loafers. That sweater is so close to next level.
You're one hell of an optimist. It takes quite the imagination to turn this abortion into anything remotely passable. I often post things to see what people think of them. Many of said things get mixed reactions. However, it baffles me that anyone could think that looks better than "godawful". There's really no sugar coating this one. Kit I never see furikake for sale anywhere around here, pretty sure I'd need a japanese supermarket of some sort.

KitAkira

Wait! Wait! I gots an opinion!
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
You're one hell of an optimist. It takes quite the imagination to turn this abortion into anything remotely passable. I often post things to see what people think of them. Many of said things get mixed reactions. However, it baffles me that anyone could think that looks better than "godawful". There's really no sugar coating this one. Kit I never see furikake for sale anywhere around here, pretty sure I'd need a japanese supermarket of some sort.
It's a good investment. On rice, on tofu, on chex mix
devil.gif

genericman

Reaction score
boddington, id like to see more of a substantial pair of shoes on you. the toms give off a fem vibe in your lower half, against your larger upper frame. bust out some trickers yoo

sq4you

Mid-level baller
Reaction score
Originally Posted by robbie
DSCN5372.jpg

same ol' same ol'

cuffs look so bad dude. how do you go out in public like this? get them hemmed.

sq4you

Mid-level baller
Reaction score
IMG_2337.png

IMG_2346.jpg

NorCal

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Listi
If you are calorically negative, you cannot gain weight, you cannot maintain weight, you can only lose weight. That is the DEFINITION of calorically negative.

oh my god *stabs self in head* such idiocy.

That is 100% true, it's axiomatic. It's also about as much use when it comes to loosing weight as teaching someone to shoot a jump shot by telling them to "shoot the ball and make sure it goes through the hoop every time."

While what you're saying is technically accurate, from a practical standpoint there is more to loosing weight.

Superb0bo

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
boddington,
that is a really cool sweater, but the mere idea of wearing a heavy wool sweater with slippers is marsupialed. You should try it again in 6 months, worn with a jacket and boots.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 86 38.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Forum statistics

Threads