• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The WAYWT Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

AR_Six

"Sookie!"
Reaction score
006wsx.jpg

Not really a fit pic since I'm just running downstairs real quick, but I'm wearing my Astros and I haven't posted a real pic of them until now, so there's a closeup of the cracked leather thing they've got going on. They haven't got enough wear since I got them. Probably because they work a lot better wearing a coat to balance everything out. So I'm kind of expecting they'll be more heavily rotated in winter.

the shah

OG Yamamoto
Reaction score
if you're taking health advice from somethingawful.com i guarantee you something quite awful will come of it...what's worse is that the author has attempted to justify this drivel with citations from youtube, other such worthless sites, and articles dating back to 1978. but hey who am i to stop you from believing everything you read on the internet

Nouveau Pauvre

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
JD looks good except for the t shirt length, I think it need to be like 3 inches longer at least or maybe have a Rick flap underneath.

Meis

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by shahanshah
no more bad food = cutting out carbs, no wonder this country's waistline is ever so expansive
lol8[1].gif

if you're taking health advice from somethingawful.com i guarantee you something quite awful will come of it...what's worse is that the author has attempted to justify this drivel with citations from youtube, other such worthless sites, and articles dating back to 1978. but hey who am i to stop you from believing everything you read on the internet

haha +1

Just eat less and exercise more. Not very complicated.

Wupper

Reaction score
T shirt length is fine (okay, a bit short) but I find those shoes awful.

snake

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Magician
JD looks good except for the t shirt length, I think it need to be like 3 inches longer at least or maybe have a Rick flap underneath.

+1

Rafs are killer

eternaldrake

Reaction score

dont really see how hosting a clip from a documentary on youtube suddenly makes it worthless but ok

ive read through http://www.amazon.com/Good-Calories-...1895484&sr=8-1 , which is a really good read and the whole stance on carbs contributing to obesity is perfectly logical and scientific and actually backed up by studies unlike the opposing viewpoints.

cutting out carbs entirely isnt really necessary and meis is dead on but to just rebuke facts like you are doing with no actual counterpoint is just sad

the shah

OG Yamamoto
Reaction score
i didn't rebuke facts i pointed out the stupidity of the original source. the fact remains that if you consume less calories than you expend you will inevitably lose weight--regardless of what you cut out and what you keep.

Brothersport

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Gotta jump in on the PG bandwagon. It's also amazing that BR never has any boring fits. Dunno what we're missing since he doesn't post daily, but I can't even imagine him toning it down ever.

Originally Posted by Phiberglass
ID on shirt, looks like it may be MTM, if not awesome slim fit, I'd like to find some similar.

Great fit! Pulled it off nicely.

lol thanks. Just BoO

asobu

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by eternaldrake
dont really see how hosting a clip from a documentary on youtube suddenly makes it worthless but ok ive read through http://www.amazon.com/Good-Calories-...1895484&sr=8-1 , which is a really good read and the whole stance on carbs contributing to obesity is perfectly logical and scientific and actually backed up by studies unlike the opposing viewpoints. cutting out carbs entirely isnt really necessary and meis is dead on but to just rebuke facts like you are doing with no actual counterpoint is just sad
this debate really doesn't belong here... - but i've been curious whenever this pops up - what about the japanese det (possible other asian countries too, but I have no direct experience from those diets over a longer perdio of time) ? plenty of white rice, not so much sugar (up until recent times, I guess), which are both carbs. most of the japanese population stay perfectly slim. I have nothing more to contribute to this thread atm, other than more linen baseball suits, PG is ballin outta control, and that JDs rafs have a nice shape.

blue squares

Reaction score
Originally Posted by asobu
this debate really doesn't belong here... - but i've been curious whenever this pops up - what about the japanese det (possible other asian countries too, but I have no direct experience from those diets over a longer perdio of time) ? plenty of white rice, not so much sugar (up until recent times, I guess), which are both carbs. most of the japanese population stay perfectly slim.

I have nothing more to contribute to this thread atm, other than more linen baseball suits, PG is ballin outta control, and that JDs rafs have a nice shape.

Last thing. From what I understand carbs themselves won't make you fat, they just inhibit your natural process of burning ***** acids. So if you have a carb heavy diet but you still eat well other than that, you'll be ok. However this is mostly guessing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.3%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.7%

Forum statistics

Threads