• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Video Games

mickey711

Reaction score
Originally Posted by breakz
Now you know how Half-Life 2 fans feel. We've been waiting for a conclusion for 6 years.
frown.gif

When are they going to stop working on TF2 updates and start focusing on developing Episode 3?
ffffuuuu.gif

Really looking forward to Brink. The gameplay footage looks great. Nananine pretty much nailed it with his description of the game.

breakz

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by mickey711
When are they going to stop working on TF2 updates and start focusing on developing Episode 3?
ffffuuuu.gif

Love TF2 but love HL series much more. They're done updating all 9 classes right? Shouldn't they finish with that soon?

XenoX101

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The amount of TF2 updates is ridiculous, I think they jumped the shark when they started allowing people to craft their own weapons, apparently 'moderation' is not in their dictionary.

dave333

Reaction score
Got starcraft 2. I am liking mucho. The campaign is pretty fun, but obviously the multiplayer is the big winner. Still going through the practice matches, most people suck. I usually play zerg though and I'm finding terran to be tad overpowered with the damn reaper; I always have to go fast speedlings now because otherwise the reapers are too big of a threat.

GQgeek

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by chronoaug
lol. i'm really slow with video games now. still playing ffxiii. I actually started to enjoy it starting with ch 5. I'm on 9 now. Still haven't bothered with the upgrading weapons thing which i've read about and kinda find annoying. Will probably wait a bit more and look up a guide for it because i don't care and just want to upgrade one weapon from each person enough and then not worry about it. I'm not gonna farm and hunt for ultimate ****

I spent an afternoon farming eden and got all my character's weapons maxed at level 2. Never bothered witt the trapezohedron to upgrade to ultimate weapon. There was no point. The crystarium expands after you've finished the game and you can go back and kill big walking turtles and some other ****, but bleh, it's not worth the effort.

The game was quite pretty but I found a hard time caring about any of the characters or what was going on. Sazh and dodge was just annoying. The whole Snow/Sarah thing was too melodramatic. Lightning was smoking though. Def would smash!

GQgeek

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by macuser3of5
I just want blizz to drop some diablo 3 info my way... I am withholding a computer purchase until I get some spec info.

Blizzard never tends to code for the absolute best computers at the time of release. I'm sure anything you buy now would be fine, even if you get a midrange video card.

fffffut

Reaction score
Originally Posted by XenoX101
The amount of TF2 updates is ridiculous, I think they jumped the shark when they started allowing people to craft their own weapons, apparently 'moderation' is not in their dictionary.

updates kind of ruined it
tf2 had its simplicity going for it, but now i think people just play to get hats

AR_Six

"Sookie!"
Reaction score
Originally Posted by GQgeek
The game was quite pretty but I found a hard time caring about any of the characters or what was going on.
Sums up what's wrong with RPGs nowadays.

Lightning was smoking though. Def would smash!
Lighting = female Squall Leonhart.

XenoX101

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Just came across a presentation some guy did for school on videogaming, which has now become a series in the vein of Yahtzee (the guy's style is slightly inspired from him, though he acknowledges this). Pretty interesting though as it somewhat answered a question I've been wondering lately about the lack of good storylines in videogames, well presented too.
IMPORTANT NOTICE: No media files are hosted on these forums. By clicking the link below you agree to view content from an external website. We can not be held responsible for the suitability or legality of this material. If the video does not play, wait a minute or try again later. I AGREE

TIP: to embed Youtube clips, put only the encoded part of the Youtube URL, e.g. eBGIQ7ZuuiU between the tags.

AFG34

Reaction score
i don't really game much but was thinking of getting ps3 or xbox360 for FIFA 10'
played it at a friend's house and it was really fun

I don't care much to do research
which system should i get?

Szeph el raton

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by AFG34
i don't really game much but was thinking of getting ps3 or xbox360 for FIFA 10'
played it at a friend's house and it was really fun

I don't care much to do research
which system should i get?

I'd say the PS3 in case you don't already have a bluray player, obviously the difference in game titles will not really push you to a decision.

word

Reaction score
Originally Posted by AFG34
i don't really game much but was thinking of getting ps3 or xbox360 for FIFA 10' played it at a friend's house and it was really fun I don't care much to do research which system should i get?
Get a system your friends have so you can play with them online or to borrow games from each other.

breakz

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by word
Get a system your friends have so you can play with them online or to borrow games from each other.

Too right. No point in getting a system if you'll be playing it alone.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Forum statistics

Threads