• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The WAYWT Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

aeglus

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
didn't really wear the jacket but people were asking about it so I may as well show how it turned out after getting a wash

before:
tumblr_l73by0RMX51qbmp06.jpg

after:
tumblr_l73byo8ocL1qbmp06.jpg

tumblr_l73bz2240v1qbmp06.jpg

probably need shorter jeans so it doesn't bunch up in the boots but doesn't look too bad as is

Razele

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
**** man that is a huge difference

Go Aeglus

impolyt_one

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Listi
Beautiful. Love it. I agree with everything Xenox said about the fit. Jil creeprs look so weird close up and great in practice.

The runway shots were beautiful, but the production model had several changes made to it that made them completely different. Runway vs production; 4-layer sole that turned into a 3, the cutaway detail in leather, on the bottom layer on the runway, which turned into the middle layer, in plastic on the production, the sides of the front detail being connected, whereas the front detail was cut away on the sides as well, resembling a catfish head or something. The runway models were soft black leather, the the production were hard enameled leather with a corrected grain. The actual last was great, it was classic Raf dress shoe in that sense, but the compromises made to the production model had me on the fence and ultimately I sold them.

3143_729104895940_15904009_41900377_2225128_n.jpg

scott.m

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Aeglus dude that isn't doing it for me at all, sorry man, and I usually like your stuff.

thekunk07

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
lanvin suit
lanvin shirt

photo-1534.jpg

tonio028

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by MS007
@ hendrix : I think you should go one size up on everything. Can you even zip the jacket?

@ tonio : Very nice shirt! Is it a bit wide at the waist or is it just the photo?

Thanks. I wasn't sure I'd like it at first from the online pics but in hand it's really nice. It's cut straight with not much taper so it's not super fitted, but the photo makes it look more pronounced.

Originally Posted by snake
Biz cas I guess you could call it..
http://img7.imageshack.us/img7/2448/20100812p1010365.jpg

I have the same shirt and love it but also think it works best untucked from experience. I like the look, but would prefer a belt with smaller buckle for this particular fit.

Originally Posted by jaac
veinssss
http://i988.photobucket.com/albums/a...m/IMG_2799.jpg

BoO fit is great.

Originally Posted by impolyt_one
The runway shots were beautiful, but the production model had several changes made to it that made them completely different. Runway vs production; 4-layer sole that turned into a 3, the cutaway detail in leather, on the bottom layer on the runway, which turned into the middle layer, in plastic on the production, the sides of the front detail being connected, whereas the front detail was cut away on the sides as well, resembling a catfish head or something. The runway models were soft black leather, the the production were hard enameled leather with a corrected grain. The actual last was great, it was classic Raf dress shoe in that sense, but the compromises made to the production model had me on the fence and ultimately I sold them.

http://sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-..._2225128_n.jpg

Those shoes look fantastic.

More business casual from me:
100_4130.jpg

100_4141.jpg

- Ervell
- EG Cinch Houndstooth
- Grenson

tooshay

Reaction score
Originally Posted by tonio028
- Ervell
- EG Cinch Houndstooth
- Grenson

This makes me want to go out and buy a club collar shirt. First one I've seen out in the wild done right.

max_r

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
snake - that fit is awesome, pretty cool take on an otherwise plain business casual outfit. did you wear it in a business casual environment? or did you just mention bis cas because its a shirt tucked into trousers? aeglus - that jacket looks awesome now, looked kinda 'stiff' before, not sure how to put it. is it a TOJ? if so, damn you have alot of TOJ leathers haha also, i love cloudy days
img1298l.jpg

sq4you

Mid-level baller
Reaction score
tumblr_l73byo8ocL1qbmp06.jpg
sorry aeglus but this looks really bad to me. the ultra tight jeans, the high, tight boots with the really tall heel, the wide collar t-shirt, the almost dress-like length of the tee and the ultra-distressed leather jacket that now looks too small to close all scream "woman" to me. a step in the wrong direction from ur jeans + tee + fake ricks if you are going to wear really tall boots and then tuck your pants into them, the boots have to be flat on the bottom to avoid that feminine equestrian rider look. and it probably shouldn't be jeans. examples from the masters of boot tucks - lanvin:
00080m.jpg
00120m.jpg
00260m.jpg
00340m.jpg
00300m.jpg

Big Pun

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Aeglus I'm sorry I don't think those boots work. Way too high for you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads