• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

How many meters did you row/erg today?

CDFS

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
20 min at 2:06 or so av.

rjmaiorano

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Rowed a 4x1250m yesterday. Times were okish but not enough to intimidate WMMK
fight[1].gif
... put the workout at the back end of a leg workout and was blowing wind to get the the intervals.

wmmk

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
2k today. 6:50.3.

Splits were:
1:43.0
1:43.0
1:41.8
1:42.4

Satisfied for today. Tomorrow, it's time to start training to pull 6:48.

wmmk

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Recovery day today. Stuck on ESPN and pulled for an hour at a 2:03.7.

Crew season starts 8AM tomorrow. ******* psyched.

rjmaiorano

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by wmmk
Recovery day today. Stuck on ESPN and pulled for an hour at a 2:03.7.

Crew season starts 8AM tomorrow. ******* psyched.

Go get em kiddo.

wmmk

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
300 situps
200 jump squats
100 pushups

3 mile run in 23:48. Not terrific, but it was 97 out, and we'd just done 200 jumpsquats. Finished 4 minutes ahead of the next dude, ~8 minutes ahead of the pack, ~12 minutes ahead of the slow kids.

EDIT:

Pulled a 30' piece on the erg in the afternoon. Splits were at about 2:00.

We have 70 guys trying out this fall, so we're pulling 2k's instead of 6k's at the end of tryouts. 6:49.9 is the goal.

rjmaiorano

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
300 situps
200 jump squats
100 pushups

3 mile run in 23:48. Not terrific, but it was 97 out, and we'd just done 200 jumpsquats. Finished 4 minutes ahead of the next dude, ~8 minutes ahead of the pack, ~12 minutes ahead of the slow kids.

Does that mean you won?

wmmk

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by rjmaiorano
Does that mean you won?

**** yeah it does. Tryouts today were:

10 min. jog to hills
2x10 min. hill run (5 min. rest interval)
10 min. jog back to boathouse

7x1 min. on/1 min. off
First 6 splits in the 1:38.0-1:38.7 range
Last split was 1:33.5

Those were the fastest erg times anyone pulled all day.

wmmk

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
6x500m
1:41
1:40
1:37

5.something mile run, in 92-degree heat, in 43 mins.

Gonna lift later in the day.

EDIT;

3x5 squat at 155#
3x5 bench at 95#
1x5 DL at 185#

Hoping this lifting will bring down the 2k a lot.

wmmk

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
40 mins. in the tanks. I sat 7 seat, which was hopefully a good sign.

Then 2x6' on the erg, STRICTLY rate capped at a 24. First piece was 47.4, second was 47.2.

Then did the whole 300 situps, 200 jumpees, 100 pushups routine along with some more general core/conditioning circuit stuff. Kind of half-assed that part of the day because my whole body ******* hurt.

rjmaiorano

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
At the end of a arms/shoulders workout, did 4k @ 1:52.0 @ 22spm. Forearms didn't feel good after.

Nice splits recently WMMK.

wmmk

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
1:52r22 for a 4k, after an arms workout, as a lwt. (you still are, right?) is damn impressive.

Anyway, tryouts ended today and rosters were posted. I'm apparently skipping my 2nd novice season to row Varsity, which, from what I gather, isn't supposed to be allowed in my program. Thanks, StyleForvm, for playing a small role in helping me catch the rowing bug.

rjmaiorano

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
1:52r22 for a 4k, after an arms workout, as a lwt. (you still are, right?) is damn impressive.

Anyway, tryouts ended today and rosters were posted. I'm apparently skipping my 2nd novice season to row Varsity, which, from what I gather, isn't supposed to be allowed in my program. Thanks, StyleForvm, for playing a small role in helping me catch the rowing bug.

ADDA ******* BOY. Nicely done WMMK. You're well on your way to an Ivy scholarship and a life run by crew contacts
bigstar[1].gif

For my time, kinda ok, was hoping for better but I'm comparing my times to when I rowed 10-12x a week and it was my life. So improvements will come and I'm still chasing your times WMMK
devil.gif
. As for being a LWT, not anymore, a month and a half ago I decided to put on some lbs and hit the gym hard and eat whatever the **** I want (Thus the rowing after workouts and little to no distance work). I've gone from 157lbs to 172lbs in that time, most of which is fat that I've conceded is necessary for the bulk. I'm actually weaker than when I started, stupid meathead syndrome.

Borrelli

Reaction score
It's been a while. I've moved house, and now have enough space to set up my Concept 2 Model B again!
I had stored it away disassembled as I bought it from my rowing club years ago and wanted to overhaul it before using which I had no space for in our previous home. So, just now I have cleaned and checked it. There are some parts I would want to replace before putting everything together again.

Checking out my local distributors website I see they do not stock all the relevant B parts. Also, compared to the manufacturers site, they're quite expensive. Perhaps someone here would be willing to proxy for me in ordering parts directly from Concept2? They only sell to US and Canadian addresses. Send me a pm if you can help out.

wmmk

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
20 mins. core
20 mins. erg. 1:54.9 avg. for 20', rate capped at a 20, on a really ****** old Model C. It hurt.
20 mins. stairs

The past 5 days were on the water. All the technical stuff is falling into place nicely. I figure I might as well make a push for our Head of the Charles boat. 90% chance it won't happen, but it's a good reason to go a little extra hard for this season.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 88 37.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 37.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 37 15.9%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads