• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Scrounger

Reaction score
Originally Posted by abenner
Curious if anyone else is still waiting on/has received any Chromexcel Indy's from North River Outfitters. Ordered mine in February... in June Alden told me they'd be done in August.

Ordered mine in February as well, they finally showed up in July almost five months to the day from order date. Liked them so much I got a pair of the "old" style 405's with the cotton lining at a store that had a few pairs left at the old price.

The sizing advice I received was correct - go down 1/2 size.

Bugsy

Reaction score
COULD A MEMBER WITH THE irregular list from shoemart email me the list? thanks

joz411no

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Bugsy
COULD A MEMBER WITH THE irregular list from shoemart email me the list? thanks
The list is distributed based on the sizes you specify to Shoemart. Each of us, unless we wear the same size, would receive a different list. I wear a 10.5EEE. I receive lists between 10.5E-11EEE. My suggestion is that you call and speak with Ed. He's an incredibly helpful guy.

slide13

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by interlockingny
Can anyone who owns the Roy Boot tell me what the code is on the inside of the shoe? Thanks.

86062H

johnH123

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by joz411no
The list is distributed based on the sizes you specify to Shoemart. Each of us, unless we wear the same size, would receive a different list. I wear a 10.5EEE. I receive lists between 10.5E-11EEE. My suggestion is that you call and speak with Ed. He's an incredibly helpful guy.

Perhaps it is because I'm occasionally borderline marsupialed, but I'm a bit confused on this and can't seem to find an answer in this thread. How does one contact 'Ed' to get on said list?

lagsun

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Shoemart is a store in Connecticut that sells Aldens. It seems like they are also the only retailer who can sell Alden seconds. You have to call them to be added to the email list for your size. Here is their website for contact info: http://www.theshoemart.com/

b-ill

Reaction score
FD-99241.jpg
Must resist

sockpuppets

Reaction score
Originally Posted by joz411no
could you forward a copy of the emails you got? I'd like to see the wide sizes. I have 10.5D and 11D if you're interested. my email is xxxxx.. Edit: thanks!

johnH123

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by lagsun
Shoemart is a store in Connecticut that sells Aldens. It seems like they are also the only retailer who can sell Alden seconds. You have to call them to be added to the email list for your size. Here is their website for contact info:

http://www.theshoemart.com/

Excellent, thank you for the info.

Thor

Reaction score
Finally got my Indys- from J. Gilbert, #8- I really like them- super comfortable- smooth as silk and yet beefy at the same time. cordo is really an intense leather and I fear the repercussions of liking such an expensive bauble... I have only had these boots 4 days and they are seemingly already beat-up. I know about Mac's regime for keeping them spiffy but will that really take care of the egregious scuffs that are already apparent. I am super hard on my shoes and know these will get a lot more abuse. I am also trying relatively agressive sun-exposure to assist/promote patina... I only have a brush right now- and need to get some paste- but what to do about the deep scuffs? Also, experiencing the left tongue slip...not sure I want to cobble the tongue to the boot...any ideas? Doesn't seem to bother me, I only notice it when I take them off...
101800x600.jpg
098800x600.jpg
097800x600.jpg
(edit- resized photos)

amlai

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Thor
I have only had these boots 4 days and they are seemingly already beat-up. I know about Mac's regime for keeping them spiffy but will that really take care of the egregious scuffs that are already apparent. I am super hard on my shoes and know these will get a lot more abuse. I am also trying relatively agressive sun-exposure to assist/promote patina... I only have a brush right now- and need to get some paste- but what to do about the deep scuffs?
For the most part, I just use a horsehair brush and buff them as much as possible. For the deeper stuff, I use a light coating of cordovan Kiwi wax polish. That pretty much covers up any deep damage that I do. I wear my #8 Indy boots everywhere and don't worry about any scuffing and have had them refurbished once already. As you can see here, they were fairly scuffed up before Alden restoration:
img2631sized.jpg
After Alden restoration, pretty close to new:
img2640sized.jpg
You can achieve basically the same effect by just a little polish and a good buffing with a horsehair brush (and maybe a women's nylon sock). Of course, they will get lighter and lighter with sun-exposure. Alden returns the shoe back to the original color by re-dying the shoe.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 81 36.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 83 37.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 23 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.9%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 16.4%

Forum statistics

Threads